It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Is Shot At Albuquerque Protest

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
More rioting ... but this time somebody gets bellyshot ... and the cops mess around with armed militia (who just happened to be present).

The cops keep defending these rioters, they're going to get turned on ... and that's gonna be bad.

LibLink

Some critics have drawn contrasts between police response to largely peaceful and unarmed Black Lives Matter protests and the heavily armed demonstrations against coronavirus restrictions in April and May. Monday's shooting also led some critics to note that the armed civilians and alleged shooter were taken into custody by police without incident, but the Black Lives Matter protests are responding to incidents in which police have fatally shot unarmed black men.

"Notice how calmly they're all being detained," former housing secretary Julián Castro tweeted Monday night. "Don't tell me George Floyd and Rayshard Brooks and Eric Garner - who did not harm anybody - couldn't be treated differently."

Meanwhile, Albuquerque Police Chief Michael Geier vowed to investigate any group that sought to stoke violence at the protest. "We are receiving reports about vigilante groups possibly instigating this violence," Geier said in a statement. "If this is true [we] will be holding them accountable to the fullest extent of the law, including federal hate group designation and prosecution."

The victim is gonna be effed up for the rest of his life. I'd bet dollars to donuts he keeps his hands to himself from now on. -grin

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

lol and the GOV removes the statue anyway.

idiots.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
its funny how George Floyds name isnt being mentioned this week. And now the clash is about statues and inanimate objects that dont have an effct on anyones life.

Hopefully soon we will have to ask ourselves does some entity or force want us just in a perpetual clash /flash point??
edit on 16-6-2020 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

lol and the GOV removes the statue anyway.

idiots.

The left has truly lost touch with how the other side is seething with rage. I can't believe there were armed militia on-site to begin with. That's a major escalation ... and in a Blue State no less.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

All this over a statue that doesn't make any sense as to why it even exists. Even the Spanish back in the day condemned his actions.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
www.youtube.com... not the best video but the shooter is the guy in the blue shirt you can see him get struck with a skateboard before the shooting starts

www.orilliamatters.com...

Police said Stephen Ray Baca was arrested and jailed on suspicion of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. Baca was once a candidate for the Albuquerque City Council and is the son of a former Bernalillo County sheriff. Baca had been among those trying to protect the statue when protesters “appeared to maliciously pursue him,” according to a criminal complaint. Video posted on social media showed protesters hitting Baca with a skateboard and punching him before he opened fire. One man was shot and hospitalized Monday night in critical but stable condition, said Albuquerque police spokesman Gilbert Gallegos. A criminal complaint said the victim, Scott Williams, suffered multiple gunshot wounds to the torso.
so at least he has video of him being hit with a skateboard to help his case

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
its funny how George Floyds name isnt being mentioned this week. And now the clash is about statues and inanimate objects that dont have an effct on anyones life.

Hopefully soon we will have to ask ourselves does some entitiy or force want us just in a perpetual clash /flash point??

Ever heard of the subconscious?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Well, if the cops dont do anything, we the people do.
And I will say hail to the 2nd amendment.

History is worth protecting, so we do not repeat it.

I do not want to fight in the streets, but if it comes to my streets, I will.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

"Notice how calmly they're all being detained," former housing secretary Julián Castro tweeted Monday night. "Don't tell me George Floyd and Rayshard Brooks and Eric Garner - who did not harm anybody - couldn't be treated differently."

I also noticed that none of them appeared to assault the cops, take their weapons from them and then try to use them.

Weird.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I am glad to hear that you condemn mass looting rioting and destruction of public property.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Sounds like self-defense to me. He was even retreating.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

There are supposedly reports that the same people assaulting him with skateboards were yelling they were going to kill him, too.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Ever heard of the subconscious?
a reply to: FyreByrd

yes I have

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas

Seems a little excessive IMO, he had enough space between him and the person who hit him with the skateboard to retreat safely and then have the skateboard assailant charged with assualt but instead he unloaded a weapon in a crowded area. His response was greater then the initial attack and he had other options, he was not penned in.

What happening to the statue is irrelevant to shooting someone....IMO

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

All this over a statue that doesn't make any sense as to why it even exists. Even the Spanish back in the day condemned his actions.

See. Remove every statue in existence. Each one has the unique potential to hurt someone’s feelings. We can’t take that chance.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

IMO, some blue states are just red states with too many unemployed city folk.
Not everyone can get out of work to vote, and your average employed family isn't doing much about the gradual overreach of cities making policy for states.
They're too busy working that much harder to keep those delicate city folk Fed.

Things have to get pretty bad for a working man to take time to go into the toxic city just to make a stand.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Some statues I can understand. This Spanish guy, I just don't get it.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The video the news will not show.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Then maybe it should just go back to being a nameless Spanish dude on his horse that looks neat. It recalls a part of the area's history that shaped it in various ways, some good and some bad.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas

Seems a little excessive IMO, he had enough space between him and the person who hit him with the skateboard to retreat safely and then have the skateboard assailant charged with assualt but instead he unloaded a weapon in a crowded area. His response was greater then the initial attack and he had other options, he was not penned in.

What happening to the statue is irrelevant to shooting someone....IMO
Yeah, getting shot is a bit nuts, but still... the guy shouldn't be hitting him with a skateboard, one hit in the right place with one of those things could really mess you up.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join