It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a handy list of things you aren't allowed to discuss.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

who are these elusive people who "don't let" people talk about things? I read about it on the internet here and there, but haven't encountered it in real life. I live in a densely populated area and haven't encountered this faux problem yet in the real world.

I think people magnify and give too much power/credit to outlier voices, as if they're representative of a large swath of the population.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

Probably should avoid all discussion of gender as well, if we're being frank.

That's a boy's name.

Sorry but your wrong. It's both. www.thinkbabynames.com...#:~:text=Frank%20%E2%96%BC%20as%20a%20name%20for%20girls%20(also,variant%20form%20of%20Frances%20(Latin): %20feminine%20of%20Francis.

Frank is a somewhat popular first name for females (#2691 out of 4276, Top 63%) and an even more popular surname for all people (#454 out of 150436, Top 1%).

Like that Frances Sinatra, singing "I Gotta be She"...

edit on 16/6/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

who are these elusive people who "don't let" people talk about things? I read about it on the internet here and there, but haven't encountered it in real life. I live in a densely populated area and haven't encountered this faux problem yet in the real world.

I think people magnify and give too much power/credit to outlier voices, as if they're representative of a large swath of the population.
Have you tried discussing any of the previous? Try it. See what happens. Just for whizz and gigs. GL

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Make a thread.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
a reply to: ketsuko

What can a woman do that a man can't?

I cannot conceive.

(Blackadder).

Women are better at gymnastics.
Ever watch the olympics?
It's amazing.

No, but I watched women jump on a trampoline...

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I would submit that "not allowed to discuss" really means "Waah, I can't say anything I want and not have people respond to me with evidence or their own opinions ... waaah."

What absolute BS. Take a look at the ATS front page and anyone can see that extremist claptrap is the name of the game.

Gosh, who would think that extremists responding to every discussion of an actual group/movement called Black LIves Matter with "All Lives Matter" would seem like a whiny puling move. If you really believed that "All LIves Matter" you'd realize that includes Black lives as well, and by your own argument you'd STFU. If you want to start the All Lives Matter movement do it ... unless it's just a meaningless pat response (which is what it is.)

As to the Black-on-Black crime rate ... extremists like to bring this up in EVERY DISCUSSION about police executions of Black men, and when you show them that White-on-White crime happens at the same rates, they go apoplectic because it spoils the easy recitation of their narrative that they've picked up from the media.

The real problem being brought out here is that extremists want to spout their BS unchallenged. Witness the continual "stop trolling" responses to dissenting views, facts and opinions. The reason for this is that most extremist positions require an air-tight echo chamber to maintain. That feeling you have when someone presents something you don't believe? That's called cognative dissonance.

It means that reality is threatening your fragile world view. Deny ignorance, not reality.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Oh how the tables have turned.

Exhibit A in my point. It's all diverse until we get to that; then it clearly isn't about diversity, it's about revenge. Shut up, you!

I at least can still be expected to have some voice as a woman suffering chronic illness which does classify as a disability, but that would be balanced against conservative views and my faith.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

It's a matter of physics there. Only women are likely to be small enough and able to pack enough concentrated power onto their smaller frame to pull off some of the moves, even so, men can still pull off some of the things requiring more sheer explosive power better than women can.

There's a reason you don't see women doing the rings.

As a woman and one with lots of athletic experience, I know this subject pretty well. We ladies can do quite a bit, but there are quite a few things where we just don't match our male colleagues which is why there are men's and women's sports. And I'm OK with that, in track, you train side by side a lot of the time and you still respect each other because it's not like anyone trains any less hard for being male or female.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It's certainly not a list of things we can't discuss because we are discussing them.

File under "poor me, I'm a victim".

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I recently left my church ( I was in worship band ) because they have bought into the BLM hook line and sinker. They tried to get us to own-up to our 'Privileged' life (which is racist in its own imo) and any outside opinion was shamed to oblivion.

I have received lots of messages from the congregation that I am not alone. What is interesting to me is that we are about to open a new (much bigger building) location in my hometown. What's also also interesting that a lot of low income housing sprang up in my hometown. What's also also also interesting people seem to forget Mr. Floyd was a criminal.

Praying boldly for change.

edit on 17-6-2020 by LeoStarchild because: edit

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
My friend is a moderator on a sports site.

When he first started he got some rules and there was a list of bannable words.
For blacks there were a lot of words

A little fewer for LGBTQ, spanish and Muslim.

But a lot.

Zero for whites

Triggered groups looking for a fight

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

you can't talk about Trump lies hypocrisy and horrendous medical advice, oh i should remind you to ingest disinfectant and get your AIDS vaccine.

And as for violence in video games, the media is right. Everyday i see italian plumbers driving karts and throwing turtle shells at princesses with his ally which is also his arch enemy. Do I get on the evening news for killing loading screens?

Don't discuss politics. Just don't. Some people are mutants when it comes to politics as they can put their foot in their mouth and their head up their ass at the same time.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I agree about number 3, I made the mistake of pointing out how no one in public wears them properly. They don't end of story. People were on me like honey, but they protect other people from me, and on and on. Not if you don't wear them properly, they don't. Then a woman said I am judging you, I don't wear one, I don't see the point. Not when people don't wear them properly. I laughed and said judge away sweetie!! I don't touch All lives matter, not going there.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
1. violence in video games. I'll stop there so as not to anger the masses, just trust me on this one, don't EVER bring it up, EVER.

2. Any reference to lives mattering besides the obvious. Black lives matter. If you attempt to bring up any other lives, it somehow angers others, and causes discomfort, so it should never be done.

1.) I played Grand Theft Auto at a Friend's. Then I drove home and felt like I should run people off the road all the way home.

2.) Don't you know - Only Black Lives Matter
edit on 17-6-2020 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I just realized your location...should have known...SMH

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

Probably should avoid all discussion of gender as well, if we're being frank.

My neighbor Francesca is sometimes frank...

( PS: you have mail. )

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Oh and psychedelics, seems no one likes to discuss them anywhere , probably because if we were all taking them we'd realise this is all a bunch of materialist egotist bull#

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: ketsuko
We're not allowed to talk about how diversity means we allow every voice except the voice of a white male.

Or the white female creature if she's a Trump supporter. Same goes for the gay, black, hispanic male and female creatures if they're Trump supporters.

Well we already know that you're not black if you support Trump, so I suppose the same goes for being gay, female, Hispanic etc.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Things not to say to African Americans, unless you know them well enough and enjoy a good ribbing

1. What’s all this commotion going on? What’s BLM? Whose George Floyd? I don’t understand what all the fuss is about...

Instant freak out

2. I don’t understand why everyone can’t just get along, why am I being punished for things I didn’t even do?

Instant freak out

3. I think white people have it harder these days, I can’t get a job because of minority preference for hiring

Instant snap

4. You know where these is more crime, poverty, injustice, desolation and suffering? Africa

Instantly attacked

5. White people simply were out of the sun longer, gave themselves more external challenges, evolved faster and then enslaved everyone else. White people are the most experienced humans

Instantly shot

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

you can't talk about Trump lies hypocrisy and horrendous medical advice, oh i should remind you to ingest disinfectant and get your AIDS vaccine.

And as for violence in video games, the media is right. Everyday i see italian plumbers driving karts and throwing turtle shells at princesses with his ally which is also his arch enemy. Do I get on the evening news for killing loading screens?

Don't discuss politics. Just don't. Some people are mutants when it comes to politics as they can put their foot in their mouth and their head up their ass at the same time.

Funny though I see plenty of people munching pills in darkened rooms listening to electronic music

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join