How long does love last?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Hi,

I'm in (First time!!) love with a girl who is a friend of mine. She already has a boyfriend wich is a friend to. So I cannot have her, but I'm so in love that it is driving me nuts! Everytime I see her (with boyfriend) it tears me up.

If she was not in my social group, I could leave and move on. I wish I could move on, but I will keep seeing her, because she is in my (not so big) social group.

So it tears me up, I cannot avoid her. So my question is: how long will I be in love? How long will it last?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
i think most likely it is infatuationthat you are feeling. it shouldn't last long and you'll be over it in no time. but if it is indeed love, then good luck man, you'll be in the loop for a while

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well its 4 months now, doesn't seem to go away. (And she has that boyfriend for 4 months now OMG)

[edit on 14-3-2005 by Ice^^Heat]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Go listen to this song :

It Tears Me Up... Percy Sledge.

Note : have tissues handy..

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Theres millions of other fish in the sea, get some stinkbait and go catch one, haha. But seriously, if its true love, you will never stop feeling for her.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
On average, seven minutes for men and 10 minutes for women.

Seriously, it sounds like a crush. When you stop seeing her often, you'll soon start forgetting about her. If you can't wait that long, try talking to her. Even if you have to employ an embarrassing strategy. She will either talk to you, or shoot you down in flames, right? Well, it's a win-win situation. You get your chance to talk to her, or you realize that your fantasies will not be fulfilled, think she is a stuck-up beeeoch, and you move on. Take a chance, give it a shot, take a risk, sac-up, etc, etc. I've been burnt lots of times, and it sucks. Bet I never regret it in the long run. I HAVE regretted not doing it in cases where I was just too nervous. This is the best part, sometimes I have not been shot down and end up with a cool friend!

Good luck with that...

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
You need to summon up the bollocks to say "this won't happen right now." Then you need to just move the hell on.

D9 sends.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Well, for me if you are truly in love, it will last forever, if not it will fade like walpaper on a wall. But, I believe there is 1 true love for everyone that will last for eternity.

[edit on 15-3-2005 by Shai_lene]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shai_lene
Well, for me if you are truly in love, it will last forever, if not it will fade like walpaper on a wall. But, I believe there is 1 true love for everyone that will last for eternity.

[edit on 15-3-2005 by Shai_lene]

Very true I wish good luck to everyone in there search for that person.
#adds line to avoid fine #

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
It lasts as long as you want it to.

Or till you find another. Also you can love and not be in love.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   
well i'm in the same situation myself and all i can say is the best way to do it is to stop being in that social group. it is a lot to suffer but it is a chance to move on. unless you actually tell her and your friend (her boyfriend). you can see how it turns out. it definitely made me feel a lot better but i didn't get over the love part.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
You know, I would love to leave it all behind! I wish I could break the friendship! But that is really no option because I don't have a secondary social group!

Oh, maybe I have, but all the social groups are connected to each other forming one big group .

She said to me: "I wanna be friends, but only if you can handle it." (Yes we talked about me being in love with her)

She's right, I can't handle it. I want her out of my life, but that means dropping my friends and hobbies. It means dropping my life, I'm not gonna do that because of some stupid girl!!!!

[edit on 15-3-2005 by Ice^^Heat]

[edit on 15-3-2005 by Ice^^Heat]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ice^^Heat

She said to me: "I wanna be friends, but only if you can handle it." (Yes we talked about me being in love with her)

She didnt really give you a choice there did she? Why the heck would you give up all your friends for her? Just let time do its thing and you'll get over her.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
You never know......she may grow tired of her current boyfriend as notice you in front of her.
My husband and I harbored feelings for each other for many years, but never acted on it due to one reason or another (we met while I was married to his best friend), but one day we both just woke up and saw that the person we were looking for was right in front of us (after 10 years of friendship) and we have been together ever since (going on 5 years!)

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Knuckle up and move on, its stupid to waste time and emotions on someone who doesnt want to return them. Like putting gasoline in a car that has a dead engine in it, its not going to get you anywhere. As for the question of how long love lasts its a completely impossible question; some belive in love, others dont, and just about everyone has a different idea of what love really is, so you have to figure out what it is to you, and to hell with what others view love as.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I'm in (First time!!) love with a girl who is a friend of mine. She already has a boyfriend wich is a friend to. So I cannot have her, but I'm so in love that it is driving me nuts! Everytime I see her (with boyfriend) it tears me up.

If she was not in my social group, I could leave and move on. I wish I could move on, but I will keep seeing her, because she is in my (not so big) social group.

So it tears me up, I cannot avoid her. So my question is: how long will I be in love? How long will it last?

EDIT: Gazrok here, didn't realize my wife was logged in...

Sorry, no kid gloves here...

Being this is your "first", it's highly doubtful you have an idea what true love really is.... A first crush isn't easy to get over... However, you've got PLENTY of time to find your true love, so don't spend time pining for some ideal that simply isn't going to happen right now. Indeed, years from now, you'll look back on this and go, "what did I ever see in her?". Seriously, you will....we all do. How long does it last? Until the next crush of course. Eventually, one of these crushes will turn into love. Don't force it though, if it's meant to happen it will, and BOTH people have to want that to happen.

My advice, since she knows your feelings, maybe she could help hook you up with a friend...you need to find a new crush so you can take the focus off of her and start enjoying your hobbies, etc. again.

[edit on 17-4-2005 by MrsGazrok]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
dude, listen to:

Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl.

That is like this exact situation! But anyways, either decide to let them, or her, know how you feel, or distance yourself for the time being.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
listen.

Im 35, i met a girl when i was 22, she was 19, Amanda her name is. The sister of one of my best mates. I believed that she loved me, but she was the sister of my best mate, plus she lived out of the area.

I never had the opportunity to get close, yet the spark was there just this 'wall' was there that we couldnt get through, that aspect was difficult to explain. Slowley i watched her slip away out of my life. The only person i ever wanted was gone.

Its been over 10 years, shes 32 or so, young mother with a daughter, im still friends with her brother.

i myself am still single. ive had several girlfriends but none of them worked. These girls i have got over and forgot. The woman i used to know, im still in love with her as powerfully now as it was all those years ago. it is true love, its never died. i still think of her, i still want her. But ive accepted she has her life now. I dont care what she looks like or the fact that she has a daughter i'd love it if she came back into my life and wanted me.

I will find someone and settle one day. but this woman will have the special corner of my feelings no one else will ever have. no other woman will have that. ive often asked myself why after all this time i still love her. Truth is i have no answer. i just do.

Like someone once said in a film. You dont know why your in love, you just know it through and through, balls to bones.

Its painful to live with the burden. But its not impossible. time heals.

[edit on 1-5-2005 by rustiswordz]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Identification.
Fixation.
Rationalization.

These can be fine things to wallow in.

Or you could be having even more fun doing other things.

If fun is important to you, and all.

Good luck!

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
like the Nike slogan: Just do it; you ALWAYS have to go after a girl that you think you want, even if it turns out to be nothing. It is better to live knowing you tried than to live wondering what could have been, see above. If you try for it, and it is meant to be, it will happen. Nothing happens by sitting back and waiting on it. I dont remember what this post was originally about, but i read the last two entries and I think I am on the right track, oh well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join