It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs safe policing executive order

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I'm hoping it was a round about signal to Mitch to get something substantial on paper.

And I think he's right, whether its political or not.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
S&F for credit where credit is due.

President Trump sent a strong message today.

The Democrats had better start paying attention in a big way.

Thanks for the honesty.
And much respect.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

No, I don't feel that it's a glorious thing, but it's a damn sight better than calling out the damned military.

So we’re supposed to now applaud him because after he called out the damn military against American citizens he’s encouraging the police to not be as violent? And throwing funds towards de-escalation? How much money is he giving those programs? What programs is he giving it to? Is there any talk of that in the executive order or is it as vague as every executive order he signs to supposedly make America better?

I was born at night, but not last night.

Of course, it's a political move. But it is fundamentally different than anything he or the Republcians have done before.

That’s not saying much.

edit on 16-6-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Nope.

You don't have to do anything.

Anyone can be an extremist.

Thanks for the chat.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

It shows that he is listening.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

What does that response even mean?

If you’re insinuating I’m some kind of extremist for not believing the President has benevolent intentions after calling out the military and using military weapons against American citizens, it’s obvious you’ve lost the plot.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

What does that response even mean?

If you’re insinuating I’m some kind of extremist for not believing the President has benevolent intentions after calling out the military and using military weapons against American citizens, it’s obvious you’ve lost the plot.

You lost "the plot" when you continually equated "protesting" with rioting.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Good job Trump!

Police are now encouraged to change how they deal with the public.

Problem solved.

Anyone complaining after this must clearly be making it up. We all saw this executive order.

Really?

I think we can say that this is a positive action at the very least, can't we?

He can't enact law with an EO.

Forgive me for not falling to my knees when the person who has done nothing but inflame tensions between police and people protesting police violence signs a toothless executive order “encouraging” police to do better.

Give me a break. This is the same person who called people protesting police violence domestic terrorists and had them gassed and shot with rubber bullets so he could do a photo op holding a bible.

Any fool can say anything, what matters is what a person does.

Case in point.

No masks? I watched the video replay this afternoon and saw several. There was quite a bit of distancing happening, though it's hard to see that on camera. Also, you do know that congress has to take the next step, right? It's on them to make these suggestions actual laws. The interesting part will be how the details come out.

Don't let your hatred for Trump blind you to the positive things that are coming out of this.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

“A riot is the language of the unheard.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Not all protests are riots, but all riots are protests.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Good on him!, get the ball rolling at least.
edit on 16-6-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

No masks? I watched the video replay this afternoon and saw several. There was quite a bit of distancing happening, though it's hard to see that on camera. Also, you do know that congress has to take the next step, right? It's on them to make these suggestions actual laws. The interesting part will be how the details come out.

Well, I guess we can rest assured since Congress is on the case. Democrats are just as bad or worse when it comes to meaningful police reform.

Don't let your hatred for Trump blind you to the positive things that are coming out of this.

I don’t hate anyone. I just don’t suffer morons like the President and people that trust the government to do better just because they said they would.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

“A riot is the language of the unheard.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Not all protests are riots, but all riots are protests.

Yeah wonderful. You think ANYONE wants to see the military step in when a group of rioters take over a portion of a city? Anyone from EITHER side of the fence? You're gravely mistaken.

When local state and city officials REFUSE law and order what do you think is going to eventually happen? This is an olive branch, a bi-partisan one that ALL should be on board with, yet you're still bitching!

That's what makes you appear un-hinged and extremist. Might as well be ANTIFA. Too bad buttercup, the rest of us see them for their fascist and terroristic actions. They are rightfully called a terrorist organization so get used to it!
edit on 16-6-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

a reply to: StallionDuck

Well, now ... the effect is not zero. C'mon.

If nothing else it signals the Senate that it's okay to proceed with legislation.

And Trump is showing that he's listening to Black America and is willing to put his name on an EO.

It's a masterstroke politically ... which is why I'm wondering where it came from.

It's ingenuine.

It simply does not erase or diminish Trump's attitude, instigating behavior, and things he's said in the past.

Words are coming out of his mouth, but they are not Trump's words.

But, as you say, it could generate positive political legislation. Thanks goes to the speech writer.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

a reply to: StallionDuck

Well, now ... the effect is not zero. C'mon.

If nothing else it signals the Senate that it's okay to proceed with legislation.

And Trump is showing that he's listening to Black America and is willing to put his name on an EO.

It's a masterstroke politically ... which is why I'm wondering where it came from.

If more comes of it, sure. It just seems so vanilla.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Yeah wonderful. You think ANYONE wants to see the military step in when a group of rioters take over a portion of a city?

Yes. This forum is filled with people gleeful about the prospect of the military stepping in. Hell, there’s a popular multi-part thread on this very site by a group who wants to see military tribunals for everyone who doesn’t think like them. Yet it’s me who’s the extremist for questioning the government and not believing they’re serious about reform after they’ve already called the military on American citizens.

That's what makes you appear un-hinged and ectremist. Might as well be ANTIFA. Too bad buttercup, the rest of us see them for their fascist and terroristic actions. They are rightfully called a terrorist organization so get used to it!

I don’t believe the government when they talk about reforming themselves. If that makes me an extremist, we’ve fallen further than I thought as a society.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: discordantone
a reply to: trollz

"use new nonlethal weapons,"

Did he just usher in the widespread use of Heat Rays (Active Denial Systems) and Sound Cannons (Long Range Acoustic Devices) ?

My tin foil frosting just kicked in with that statement.

Magic 8-ball says Maybe?

That's really wild. On purpose or just coincidence, that says a lot to where we're going. Those weapons weren't made for nothing. Perhaps they were just waiting for someone to lite the fuze.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Your hatred for anything right of AOC feeds your ignorant lunacy. Carry on!

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

No, I don't feel that it's a glorious thing, but it's a damn sight better than calling out the damned military.

So we’re supposed to now applaud him because after he called out the damn military against American citizens he’s encouraging the police to not be as violent? And throwing funds towards de-escalation? How much money is he giving those programs? What programs is he giving it to? Is there any talk of that in the executive order or is it as vague as every executive order he signs to supposedly make America better?

I was born at night, but not last night.

Of course, it's a political move. But it is fundamentally different than anything he or the Republcians have done before.

That’s not saying much.

Which branch of the military was called out to attack innocent protesters with chemical weapons? The Army? Navy? Air Force? Marines? Did they use Sarin? Anthrax? Maybe mustard gas or VX?

You know he did nothing of the sort yet you keep repeating it. Why? Oh, before you say National Guard, he does have the constitutional right to do so in times of emergencies like this when the local or state cannot or will not handle it or if they ask for it.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
We've been asking too much of cops not just to enforce a myriad of laws but to deal with homeless, drug addicts, suicides and people with mental health issues. The tragic part of this is police have increasingly improved their metrics for deaths during interactions with the public. Do your job well and they want to get rid of you. Hows that for gratitude?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
Which branch of the military was called out to attack innocent protesters with chemical weapons? The Army? Navy? Air Force? Marines?

The Space Force and the Puddle Pirates.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join