It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The black community should unite to start a new U.S. political party

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
That's a brilliant idea! Have a cohort that is ~20% of the population start their own party. That way they will never be able to win, won't vote Democrat, and the Republicans won't have to spend so much time gerrymandering and suppressing voters! Mitch is that you?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: FauxMulder
The jew party.

Count me out.

Don't worry. You can be part of the reptilian, shape shifting, masonic, pizza party.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: face23785

They would have to stop killing each other long enough for this to happen.

Beat me to it. 11% of the population commits 84% of the violent crimes in America. Louis Farrakhan's followers are peaceful. Maybe every Black person should follow their example, then all unite to start a new party in a few years.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
Don't worry. You can be part of the reptilian, shape shifting, masonic, pizza party.

Uh, yeah, what is it that you think I've been doing if not that?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
We have the black caucus in congress can you imagine then out crynif there was a white caucus how racist that would be.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Well, in all fairness, I'll say the same thing I say about independent parties...

Your suggestion is a great idea in principle, but in practice it will never work.

There is no mathematical way a 3rd party can be elected as long as the 2 party system exists in its current state. Not with the demographics as they exist now.

I have strong misgivings about the 2 party system personally, but until a 3rd party can aggregate candidates and distill them down to one nominee (the way the DNC and GOP parties do), and they have enough voters to do this, the 2 party strangle hold will continue. It's just mathematically impossible to get to the required number of electoral votes.

This inevitably comes up every election cycle.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The black community should unite to start a new U.S. political party

That's taking identity politics to a riot too far.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Beat me to it. 11% of the population commits 84% of the violent crimes in America. Louis Farrakhan's followers are peaceful. Maybe every Black person should follow their example, then all unite to start a new party in a few years.

More like 4%.
Men not women so that 11% is cut in half.
Then remove under 12 and over 50.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Lots of people who didn't read the OP. No surprise there. It was rather long, and attention spans here are limited.

The predicted unpopularity among both left- and right-leaning members tells you all you need to know.
edit on 16 6 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

This would eventually lead right back to segregation. Lots of blm already wants that.

But there are a lot of smart black people out there who know where their politics belong, and it's not a new party and definitely not the democrat party that's been holding them down for 150 years.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Lots of people who didn't read the OP. No surprise there. It was rather long, and attention spans here are limited.

The predicted unpopularity among both left- and right-leaning members tells you all you need to know.

I'l admit I only read some and not all, but that's because my day is almost over so I'm running out of time.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
"Black community"?

Why does every demographic have to have claims of "community"?

Whites don't. We just get the privilege of being called racist and judged for the color of our skin.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I'm waiting to see black American's revolt and take their anger out on the Democrat party and it's politicians.

The party that kept them in chains.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Then the white democrats that voted for them would be gone so good luck.

C'mon man, you know the ones doing that # don't vote.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Your OP radiates racism...and sadly...therein lies the problem...and you don't see that.

Maybe that's your intent?
Peace...again

False accusations of racism from the weak-minded: another indication we're on the right track.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

To-getherness. All. One world, one race..

This IS the grand plan.

We ARE all human, we are NOT all one race. It's like that science thing.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Your OP radiates racism...and sadly...therein lies the problem...and you don't see that.

Maybe that's your intent?
Peace...again

False accusations of racism from the weak-minded: another indication we're on the right track.

I quite agree, friend...no offense

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Spoken like a poor writer. You're rambling about an asinine concept.

Could you distill this idea into one paragraph for those of us with such poor attention spans?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Sadly It wouldnt work. Folks have been conditioned to follow the age-old party for slavery. Look we will give you this or that for free just make sure you and your kin vote for us everytime cause the repubs want you to acctually work for stuff. And we all know you should not have too cause us dem's held your ancestors as slaves many years ago.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
There is no black community. People with dark skin are not all part of some zombie/borg hive mind. They are just folks with every manner of varying ideas and beliefs.

#ing politics man.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join