It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New York Police Department is investigating a possible poisoning of three officers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: tayton
If it’s bleach, didn’t someone suggest it might help with the covid thing?

It can but only if they inhaled it instead of ingesting it.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
My opinion:

- last year cops were busted faking some outrage bait at a Starbucks I think.

- this past week the NYPD put on a histrionic display during their press conference. Highlights included repeated claims of "who me" when allegations of misconduct were discussed, along with no shortage of gaslighting people who think that something may be askew with the way policing is currently done, and would like to explore alternative approaches

- Last weekend the wife and I stopped at Sonic to get some drinks. She got a sweet tea with extra ice, her usual. It tasted like bleach. Not because someone tried to kill her, but because poorly paid kids have no reason to care if they give the machine that final rinse or not. She didn't go to the hospital, because she isn't stupid and realized something was amiss immediately. If you can be poisoned by bleach, you could also like my butt and not taste anything

With all the above said....it seems more than reasonable that this story was made up by some NYPD folks who just want to be felt sorry for.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: smurfy

'The NYC Police Benevolent Association then made a claim that the officers may have been poisoned with bleach. The NYPD launched an investigation after the officers fell ill - and has dismissed the claim, saying that there was no criminality by Shake Shack employees. Investigators say that a cleaning solution wasn’t fully cleared from the milkshake machine, which is how it may have got into the drinks.

Big coincidence that those three policemen just happened to get the shakes from the fresh cleaned machine and there are no other reports of people being sick or poisoned. It is still neglect, intentional or not. If this happened to three civilians, they would sue the place to ashes. I feel there will be zero consequences other than a wrist slap.

The NYC PBA...They may have to stab their own kind into the back, by downplaying this to not worsen the situation.

What I find most troubling is that this could give incentive to some extremists and copycats. It is probably already in some anarchist cooking book, if not, the scheme will be picked up sooner or later. If it isn't in there already.

No they would not, and even if they did their award would be miniscule. Like coupons for a free drink or something.

Jesus....the histrionics.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
OK, plot missed...

Anyone actually believe that ANYONE actually cleaned a shake machine?
Or cleaned it properly with the correct cleanser?

Seriously...
NYC needs better excuses.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
What exactly is histrionic here?

Isn't it like you have to write a lot of disclaimers on products or get sued by the stupid? Do not swallow nails? Coffee may be too hot to drink? Do not put hamsters in microwaves?

en.wikipedia.org...
A coffee was too hot here!!!

You think someone being poisoned would not sue if they have the possibility?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

To sue there must be a victim. What was he the victim of...a bad product that he never even asked for a replacement or refund on?

He was victimized by having to taste a mouthful of something that happens to everyone at least once.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Are we still talking about three policemen ending up in a hospital after having medical distress because of the shakes?

Are you trying to say that, since it may have not been by intent, these policemen are not real victims because it was an accident?

And because there was no refund asked (sure?) it is all good. There must be something lost in translation, it is the only explanation I have because your responses are strange.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Damn straight im saying that.

Cleaning solvents are poorly rinsed from fast food machines on the daily. Every person I know has gotten a drink that tasted "off" after a machine cleaning. Every. Single. Person.

Happened to my wife just a week ago. Happened to me most recently a couple months back. One time, we got a custard from Freddies Burgers, and there was a frozen beetle in it. Adulterants enter food from time to time. If no one is harmed, then what is the recourse? There is no criminal damage, right? Accidents, etc....the most you have is a regulatory issue for the health department to inspect....after they worry about all the rats and roaches. Its not a civil issue because no damages can be shown. In fact, even any medical costs would be thrown out...who in their right mind drinks enough of an adulterated shake (tasted like bleach from what I understand) to feel they need medical treatment? One mouthful and you go "ew, no...thats not right" and stop drinking it.

this is all histrionic horsecrap. I may have some sympathy for what the blue is going through....but this only makes me roll my eyes and laugh at a bunch of karens wearing a badge making up nonsense to get social media cred.

ETA: even worse, that they would slander this company and its hard working employees because of the lazy action of a couple (doesn't that theme sound familiar to police complaints right now) by taking a regular issue so far out of context that they managed to pose as victims of a terror attack. Now that i am thinking about it...i am back to square one with NYPD. They are needing to be disbanded and reformed under new management. If their only response to the broad brush attacks against them is to level broad brush attacks against the fast food workers that serve them, they are clowns not deserving of an officers commission.
edit on 6/17/2020 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
You seem to know a lot more than we all know, or it is just assumptions. Lot's of histrionic stuff in there.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I know what news reports say. Same as you.

Tell you what...wait for that lawsuit from those 3 officers. LOL

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I know that it was enough for them to get sick and grant a hospital stay. One way or another, someone was not doing their job and risked the health of others. Coincidence is, as of now, no other reports surfaced about hospital stays from a milkshake.

This does not imply, that it really was done on intend. It certainly paints a suspicious picture. You saying this is just normal, yet these people have been sick enough to go look out for a hospital.

You know, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like one, we should still check it out. You on the other hand seem to brush this all away and turn a blind eye to it.

Investigations will show what the case is here. It could have been an accident like you say, too. It could have been Officers trying to solve a personal issue here. You will not be able to quote me saying this was by intention. In the end, someone really messed up one way or the other.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
I know that it was enough for them to get sick and grant a hospital stay.

As someone, like BFFT, who's been in food service/hospitality, I cannot conceive of the amount of bleach that someone would need to consume to put themselves in the hospital. It has to be a very large amount and to the point where you'd taste to pretty quickly and not consume anymore.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

No other reports surfaced because normal people take a sip and throw it away. They don't try to drum up a bunch of public sympathy with a histrionic report slandering people without any evidence. These are freaking police. That statement should not have been issued without the investigation first. The investigation happened shortly thereafter, and was found to be what i said: a bunch of horsecrap.

Too bad Shake Shack had its name libeled in the national news before clarification could happen.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Then if it was bleach they found, we might have some simulating people on hand. I can change my mind if I see that my opinion was built on wrong information.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
These are freaking police. That statement should not have been issued without the investigation first. The investigation happened shortly thereafter, and was found to be what i said: a bunch of horsecrap...

I agree! Blind actionism is never good.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
An update. A Sargent and Lieutenant escalated the incident. There was no bleach, no illness. Shake Shack had the shakes already made as they had been ordered by phone. The cops took a sip and threw them out as they tasted funny and were offered coupons.

The case escalated when they told the story at the Precinct.

Meanwhile, a Lieutenant from the Bronx blasted out an email to the unions that six cops “started throwing up after drinking beverages they got from shake shack on 200 Broadway.”
It was unclear why the sergeant and lieutenant escalated the situation.

Link

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Histrionics.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join