It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Estimate of Alien Life in Our Galaxy

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jimy718

" instead was some sort of natural oscillation of the star"... Just what sort of "natural oscillations" do think there are? From the little that I know, and from looking at raw data from stars; I don't see many "kinds" of 'natural oscillation' that Stars go through. Yes there are a few BUT, they are all asymmetrical ! Meaning that they DO NOT occur with precise timing. Planets on the other hand are like clockwork, the appearance of a planet (however it manifests) is a very predictable event. ALL other fluctuations in a stars Astrometry are vastly more chaotic/random...which, by the way, is how we can tell the difference. A planet is regular, everything else is random.

interesting, I would have expected the opposite to be true. I'll have to find an astronomer at some point and see what they have to say then. Thanks for the links too. I've been enthusiastic about our own atmosphere and its fluctuations, chemistry and so on... but wanted to see what the empirical evidence is for things outside our atmosphere. As always I try to start with the most reliable empirical data, with little to no assumptions. Thanks for the cordial conversation

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join