It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Conservatives Debate Black Liberals on American Politics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

One thing I really liked about the black conservative woman, is how she sees her knowledge of building a business as a tool to share with her family so that they can break the cycle of poverty they're stuck in.

I thought that was the best part out of everything said. She had a serious criminal background to overcome, too, and she completely turned it around.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Serdgiam

Yes, they do constantly. If anyone needs proof, look at the way everything is suddenly a platform for politics. You can't get away from it anywhere. You can't watch sports without it. You can't play a video game without it. All the editors at publishing houses are looking for the "correct" books to publish.

Politics are everywhere; all the time.

The part that I find most surreal is the total lack of self-awareness.

They really and truly believe it when they say they dont talk about it, even when they are literally talking about it.

It seems to extend to general behavior as well.. I had a family member, who we will politely call a "woke media-ite," have me come over to help with a PC problem a month or two ago. They stood over my shoulder and told me what to do every. single. step. of the way. I mean, literally pointing at the screen and saying "ok, now click here." "Now use the right click" type of thing.

I jokingly said something about it, and the response was "Im not doing that!" Not as some banter either, they had no awareness they were doing it.

Seems almost non-sequitor, but its exactly the same behavior. Even in a situation where I was asked to come help because I knew more about it.. It was still this bizarre level of control.

Whatever has been done to these peoples minds.. I dont think they can help it, or are even aware of it. Whenever it gets close, it just gets redirected to projection onto others.

That person is a bit like my canary in the coal mine. Theyve been kinda goin of the rails.. So, you can probably imagine why this year, Ive been all:

edit on 16-6-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I really liked that too. Those type of skills should really be part of basic school curriculums nationwide! We would all benefit, both individually and as a nation, from truly educating and informing kids about this stuff across the board.

Its the empowerment of the individual. Because thats where so much of this really starts, and then it can spread out from there. Thats what concerns me most about this more recent demonization of "individualism."

I also liked the whole conversation about college. Thats certainly a more universal thing too.. Now, there are some fields where higher education is exceedingly useful. But.. For most, its just a way to turn people into debt slaves and, nowadays.. ideological slaves. Have to take responsibility for those decisions all the same, but its certainly not the *only* path to success.

I really think that routes like trade schools are of immense value. They are still looked down upon by some, but the folks that come out of those have the skills to pay the bills. They also tend to be the ones that literally keep our world running. Something like a true welding master can accomplish astounding things! A mastsr plumber or electrician not only can make good money, they are infinitely more critical to our way of life than a [insert buzzword] studies major. Some of those degrees...
edit on 16-6-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Very good point!

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

The one thing I can say about Facebook is that it seems to be a place where all the regular joes get together and hash out ideas. It looks like fighting, but it seems to be more that folks are either trying to feel out their own opinions in a crucible of debate, or are testing their own viewpoints in the crucible of debate.

Of course trolls and hardliners always abound. But when they get ignored, something special ends up happening.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join