It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is I'm No Longer Liberal a New Trend?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I flipp’n hate labels and the people that adhere to them. (I’m also guilty of such at times😕) They confine and limit one’s self to a set and predetermined way of thinking, which takes the heart and soul out of who we are as individuals. People tend to cling to the hive mentality where provocative thought and personal individuality outside of ‘that’ box is frowned upon.

If I had to label myself in the past it would’ve probably have fallen in the progressive liberal category. In today’s world, I want very little if anything to do with, the many insane people that now call themselves liberals. Somewhere along the way people have redefined the term. For that reason I’ve found myself on my own path and don’t align with any party, never have anyways, so why change, ya know, old n stubborn, lol. I do share more moral and ethical values (not all) with conservatives than I do with any other party. I cannot get behind the hatred, deception, lies and manipulation of the left, period. I will also never vote for a Dem candidate ever again.

One of my favorite Shakespeare quotes; “To thine own self be true”. This has kept me somewhat grounded to what I feel is right for ‘me’ and got me out of more crap in my head than I can count.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Most Americans are independent and moderate by like an 65% margin (taking in leaners) .

The extremes are what are displayed 24/7 by the media.

Agree 100%, but the liberals are allowing the extremest to run the narrative of the party now for a few years. I mean would anyone ever think a group of junior congresspersons have so much power as "The Squad" does? Crazy isn't it, but the left are completely defenseless when one of their own start with "I'm a person of color" or "I'm trans" etc...they just sit down and take it... or maybe bend over and take it is a better description...

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: mtnshredder

So large communities and groups are only a left leaning thing?

Huh??? What are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

(so are the conservatives...)

2nd

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Well said!

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Only evil people are extremely liberal. And I use "evil" in the strongest sense possible.

Imagine this happened to someone you now love: twitter.com...

Extreme liberals support PP Wholeheartedly.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The Republican Platform in 2016, which is apparently being rolled over to 2020.

NYT

Can't read the NYT, anyhow its the NYTs...lol

But yes there is something about "protection of business owner in their state to refuse products or services to gay or lesbian people if providing them would violate their religious beliefs..."

I think the cake shop in Portland were actually liberals in a very liberal community that didn't want to bake a "wedding cake" but would make anything else. Not sure the answer here, but boy they were basically driven out of business by the liberals pretty much instantly.

Once again not something the party is attacking individuals over...

edit on 16-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Republican Platform 2016

p. 11

We condemn the Supreme Court’s ruling in United States v. Windsor, which wrongly removed the ability of Congress to define marriage policy in federal law. We also condemn the Supreme Court’s lawless ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges, which in the words of the late Justice Antonin Scalia, was a “judicial Putsch” — full of “silly extravagances” — that reduced “the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Storey to the mystical aphorisms of a fortune cookie.”

In Obergefell, five unelected lawyers robbed 320 million Americans of their legitimate constitutional authority to define marriage as the union of one man and one woman.

Similar wording if not that exact wording will be in the 2020 Platform.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

My point was quite clear. The LGBT community seems to not be as politically driven as it seems. I think you didn't follow what I was getting at.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

(so are the conservatives...)

2nd

Not in the same way.... I have already said its a numbers game in maybe both sides have extremest, but it doesn't get out of hand when the numbers i.e. influences are small. That is my point with liberals that they have allowed the extremest to run the narrative and it is getting to the "full retard" level, remember never go "full retard".

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

We disagree.

I think the real problem with extremism on the right is just as bad as the left.

Conservative values, real ones, are virtually non-existent in today's Republican party.

They are the party of big government, they have further empowered the Executive Branch, vastly increased the deficit, etc. etc.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

To be honest, I wouldn't hang with you when you smoke, but that's a health thing. I have a bit of asthma and I always figured it was just better and safer to keep my lungs clean. I also lost a grandfather to it. He quit, but not before the damage had been done.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

The left also has an uncanny ability to consolidate around a target too.

The right has always been too fractious to really do that. You have to really be beyond the pale before everyone on the right really cares enough to denounce you and try to cancel you like cancel culture.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Similar wording if not that exact wording will be in the 2020 Platform.

There has truly been this crossover between religion and non-religion as to what is the right thing to do in recognizing same sex couples and even non-married couples at the Goverment level. It was going down the path of "domestic partners" leaving marriage as a religious event, but that is not what the SC did and it truly muddied the waters.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

This links back to your earlier claim that no one today has a problem with same sex marriage except religious extremists.

Sadly, that's not true.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

My point was quite clear. The LGBT community seems to not be as politically driven as it seems. I think you didn't follow what I was getting at.

I followed that, which is why I said what I said to you. A few people have already contradicted your hypothesis on the topic, that it is in fact very politically driven, I’ve seen it with my own eyes. If you don’t toe all lines in some orgs, you’re outcast within that group, politics being one of them.

Remember the women’s march? It was all about the hatred of Trump and the ‘right’. Now imagine a lesbian speaking in favor of Trump at said event, they would’ve have been booed, mobbed and silenced for independent thought and expression that didn’t follow the others political views and narrative.

edit on 16-6-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Dbl
edit on 16-6-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

It was so political that they had a group of pro-life, anti-Trump women who were banned for being pro-life even though they were woman and anti-Trump.

It is increasingly about ideological purity.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Yes. That's why I asked, are collectives, groups, communities, etc a left leaning thing only?

Do you need to remove yourself from a group to become an enlightened conservative or something?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

We disagree.

I think the real problem with extremism on the right is just as bad as the left.

Conservative values, real ones, are virtually non-existent in today's Republican party.

They are the party of big government, they have further empowered the Executive Branch, vastly increased the deficit, etc. etc.

Hard to figure out where on the extreme line this all sits, and it really isn't based on this really destructive virtual signally as the liberals is. Conservative values compared to what? Reagan's? 1950s?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join