It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The main stream media isn’t worth dried spit .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Safety issues....

Hammocks are a real danger but guess what kills more kids than hammocks?

injury.research.chop.edu...

edit on 17-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Grrrr
edit on 17-6-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Grrrr
edit on 17-6-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The differences everyone knows how that happens .

One child is too many .

You seem to be counting children’s bodies to push a personal agenda .

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Neither is ATS. For a long time I thought youtube was the place where you can find the best demonstrations of all the Bible texts speaking about foolish behaviour, ignorance (inexperience) and utter stupidity. But for the last 7-8 years or so my views have changed. On youtube, when it's an informative honest useful video, with some educational value, you often see that in the commentary section people have seen the video, and therefore are a little bit better off than before (in terms of knowledge and understanding; again depending on how good the video is in this regards), it is reflected in the commentary. It is quite a different story on ATS though.

It keeps on amazing me to what new levels of ignorance, foolishness, a preoccupation with distracting trivialities, believing in fantasies and myths and love of false stories that tickle the ears over truth and beneficial teaching, the vast majority of those commenting on ATS (over 99%?) can sink to (especially the preoccupation with the trivial is very commonplace).

So much so, that a sticky concerning that topic on this subforum would be a good outlet for me every now and then. The whole situation is tied in with my accountname that I already chose in 2012, but better summed up at 2 Timothy 4:3,4:

For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* [Or “healthful; beneficial.”] teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* [Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”] 4 They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.

The political forums are probably the worst, but general conspiracies, aliens & UFO's, breaking alternative news, social issues and civil unrest, other current events, conspiracies in religions and philosophy & metaphysics are right up there as well. As is diseases & pandemics now.

Pardon my rant in this thread, there's no sticky of the sort I mentioned. I did start a thread some time ago on this forum that sort of sums it up, called: "Common Sense: Why So Uncommon?" Based off this article (between brackets is mine):

The word “sense” is defined as “accurate appreciation,” “understanding,” and “practical wisdom or judgement.” It implies that a person has the ability to judge and decide with intelligence. Common sense evidently requires that we use thinking ability. Many people would rather let others do their thinking for them. They allow the media, their peers, or popular opinion to make decisions for them. [also allow to shape what preoccupies them*]

Common sense seems to be so lacking in today’s world that an observant man once noted, ‘Common sense, in truth, is very uncommon.’
Learning from our mistakes, however, calls for humility and meekness. The self-assuming, haughty, and headstrong spirit of people in these last days is not a manifestation of common sense.—2 Timothy 3:1-5.

Source: Common Sense—Why So Uncommon?

*: The threads that pop up on ATS generally reflects what news media outlets (so-called "alternative" or otherwise) are talking about as well. When the news media are talking about hydroxychloroquine, so is ATS. When the news media switches to talking about the corticosteroid dexamethasone, so is ATS. When the news media is talking about a second wave, so is ATS. When the news media is talking about "Major virus outbreak at CHICKEN meatpackers", so is ATS. Often the titles are directly copy-pasted from news articles about it, such as the title of the thread:

"Lancet retracts major Covid-19 paper that raised safety concerns about malaria drugs" (note how your attention is drawn towards thinking about "safety concerns" rather than the lying deceitful behaviour of those working for the Lancet, which isn't mentioned in the title nor the news article)

or

"JUST IN: Dexamethasone proves first life-saving drug to use against Covid-19" (another false story, it wasn't the first proven life-saving drug; nor the most effective at that, details explained in that thread]

or

"Trump Admits He Takes Hydroxycloroquine" (one shouldn't be focusing on what Trump is doing when properly evaluating the efficacy of HCQ, a major distraction, especially for those who then associate HCQ with sort of being 'Trump's drug' or 'cure', and dismiss it on that basis)

or

"Cases surge in Florida where governor opposes another shutdown" (yay, let's debate the 'shutdown' and the 2nd wave, just like the media wants you to be doing, distracting you from looking into what's going on with HCQ and the cancer in the sciences, the blatant love of scientism on display, which if spotted and properly understood, could help make a person wise as to how to view any so-perceived 'scientific' article on any subject, as well as how to evaluate the quality of particular types of evidence, as opposed to how these different types of evidence are categorized in the sciences and via the dogmas of scientism, or in this case I'm specifically thinking about the science of medicine and a very misleading pyramid I saw by Medcram, classifying the different types of evidence with no regard for the trustworthiness, reliability, integrity or lack thereof and possible alterior motives involving marketing and self-marketing or reputational concerns of the sources of these particular types of evidence in question. Which should be the first and foremost nominator for any classification of the so-called 'evidence' that they provide. Went into more detail about that in the thread "Corona Virus Updates Part 6" in this comment. It's the pyramid in the first video in that comment that I was responding to)

or

"The Backtracking begins: The WHO admits asymptomatic Covid transmission is very rare" (you can't trust the WHO anyway, so why even bother discussing anything they want you to talk and think about? Even when they change their story the next day?)

And on and on it goes. Those are all titles from news articles I think (often the news article isn't linked in the OP). And that was only one forum (OK, the Lancet thread is in another forum, but still about diseases & pandemics; also telling that there is no thread for it in that forum, even though multiple people have tried to use the now retracted Lancet study, or other Lancet or NEJM studies, both marketing companies being involved with Surgisphere's data, to argue against the use or already conclusively proven efficacy of HCQ in relation to the corona virus and Covid-19, the disease, in that forum: Diseases & Pandemics).

Ahhh, that's a relief, had to get that off my chest.
edit on 18-6-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
As I begin reading through this thread though, I'm somewhat pleasantly surprised by the nature of some comments pointing out some of the same things I was trying to point out (coincidence?). Except for the more detailed analysis of the Diseases & Pandemics subforum I guess (haven't read all the comments yet).

But I have to say, the subjects chosen in the OP as a demonstration of the title of this thread, are rather trivial again. Then again, I am on the Rant forum now, the trivial is sort of par for the course.
edit on 18-6-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Wow just went off topic pretty quick .

Not to say I don’t agree with y’all .

Everybody loves a good rant against the media. Doesn't matter anymore what your specific chosen subjects or examples were.

If that's what you meant with off topic. Since they were all commenting on your title regarding "the main stream media", just using different examples sometimes.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

MSM. You don't watch? How the hell would we know its f'd-up if we didn't have a way to gage?

Who decides what is and isn't? Your mainstream might be anothers' alternative. You have to keep score somehow.

I catch 2 secs of all of it, flip to alternatives...and then make up my own mind. But without the nonsense at all? You've no real pulse of it all....bad and good. Fake news, real news?

You want 1 media, equal and concisely accurate...as a single force and flow of info? That sounds a lot like....um...

Peace!

A Book You Can Trust​—Part 1 (Awake!—2010)
A Book You Can Trust​—Part 2 (Awake!—2010)
A Book You Can Trust​—Part 3 (Awake!—2011)
A Book You Can Trust​—Part 4 (Awake!—2011)
A Book You Can Trust​—Part 5 (Awake!—2011)
A Book You Can Trust​—Part 6 (Awake!—2011)
A Book You Can Trust​—Part 7 (Awake!—2011)

Some of the same information in video format (the term "New World Order" as used towards the end may be of interest to ATS users):

Context:

Real science, knowledge of realities compared to unverified philosophies and stories

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

MSM. You don't watch? How the hell would we know its f'd-up if we didn't have a way to gage?

Who decides what is and isn't? Your mainstream might be anothers' alternative. You have to keep score somehow.

I catch 2 secs of all of it, flip to alternatives...and then make up my own mind. But without the nonsense at all? You've no real pulse of it all....bad and good. Fake news, real news?

You want 1 media, equal and concisely accurate...as a single force and flow of info? That sounds a lot like....um...

Peace!

A Book You Can Trust​—Part 1 (Awake!—2010)
A Book You Can Trust​—Part 2 (Awake!—2010)
A Book You Can Trust​—Part 3 (Awake!—2011)
A Book You Can Trust​—Part 4 (Awake!—2011)
A Book You Can Trust​—Part 5 (Awake!—2011)
A Book You Can Trust​—Part 6 (Awake!—2011)
A Book You Can Trust​—Part 7 (Awake!—2011)

Some of the same information in video format (the term "New World Order" as used towards the end may be of interest to ATS users):

Context:

Real science, knowledge of realities compared to unverified philosophies and stories

Sounds like "Watchtower" stuff. 1 way, theirs. Same.

I am an Apostate. Peace

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Thank you for your demonstration of 2 Timothy 4:3,4. As quoted in my first comment in this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join