It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Seattle Autonomous Zone Mob Fondly Recalls French Revolution's Guillotine for Dissenters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Those people are idiots, and they're ignoring what happened to Robbspierre at the end.

Based on The New York Times' description of Seattle's autonomous zone, one might assume that any mention of the word 'chopped' within this context perhaps refers to a happy-go-lucky street version of the television cooking competition show. Oh, what's that, you say? They're chanting about beheading people who don't get with the ideological program, in the tradition of the blood-drenched French revolution? This "festive block party" is pretty dark, man:

Now we know what CHOP really stands for.

Execution

Lying on a table, wounded, in a room of the Convention, Robespierre is the object of the curiosity and quips of Thermidorians, painting by Lucien-Étienne Mélingue (Salon de 1877)(Musée de la Révolution française)

Robespierre on the day of his execution; Sketch by Jacques Louis David

The execution of Couthon; the body of Adrien Nicolas Gobeau, ex-substitute of the public prosecutor Fouquier and member of the Commune, the first who suffered, is shown lying on the ground;[390] Robespierre [#10] is shown holding a handkerchief to his mouth. Hanriot [#9] is covering his eye.
For the remainder of the night, Robespierre was laid in an antechamber of the Committee of General Security.[431] He lay on the table with his head on a deal (pine) box, bleeding profusely. At 5 a.m. his brother and Couthon seem to have been taken to the nearest hospital Hôtel-Dieu de Paris to see a doctor. Barras denied that Robespierre was sent there too; the circumstances did not permit it.[432] A military doctor was invited and removed some of his teeth and fragments of his broken jaw. Robespierre was then placed in the cell in the Conciergerie and deposited on the bed in which Danton had slept while detained.[390]

In the afternoon of 10 Thermidor (28 July, a décadi, a day of rest and festivity) the Revolutionary Tribunal condemned Robespierre and 21 "Robespierrists" (c.q. 13 members of the insurrectionary Commune) to death by the rules of the law of 22 Prairial, only verifying their identity at the trial. Halfway through the proceedings, Fouquier-Tinville, who did not want to pass judgment on his friend the mayor Fleuriot-Lescot, took off his official robe.[433] In the late afternoon, the convicts, whose average age was 34 years old, were taken in three carts to the Place de la Révolution to be executed along with the cobbler Antoine Simon, the jailor of the Dauphin. A mob screaming curses followed them right up to the scaffold. His face still swollen, Robespierre kept his eyes closed throughout the procession. He was the tenth called to the platform and ascended the steps of the scaffold unassisted.[390] When clearing Robespierre's neck, executioner Charles-Henri Sanson tore off the bandage that was holding his shattered jaw in place, causing him to produce an agonising scream until the fall of the blade silenced him.[434] Sanson's grandson wrote that while his grandfather did this carefully, Robespierre nevertheless roared like a tiger in response.[390] After he was beheaded, applause and joyous cries arose from the crowd and reportedly persisted for fifteen minutes.[435][436] Robespierre and his guillotined associates were later buried in a common grave at the newly opened Errancis Cemetery (near what is now the Place Prosper-Goubaux).[s]

He lost his head.

I swear Chaz/Chop are the absolute most vile people I've seen in modern times.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
These are the kind of people I’d really like to have as neighbors. 😐

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm just saying it out loud: the French don't mess around when it comes to overthrowing bad leadership.
At least, not historically.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Steyer or Soros should donate a guillotine for the middle of the soccer field.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
m.youtube.com...

Here’s footage of a gutless left-wing cuck, moments after being mugged in the chaz. The muggers don’t leave, they stay loitering and laughing as the leftist cuck screams for somebody else to act on his behalf

These pathetic people aren’t guilloteening anyone. They wouldn’t know where to even begin if they were fully funded.

I knew the autonomous zone was gonna be another nail in the coffin of ‘the left’.

The country sees you people, and we’re laughing in your incompetent faces.

November is nearly here

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Ahhhhhh the mud pit......... send in the military, it's time
edit on 15-6-2020 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
These are the kind of people I’d really like to have as neighbors. 😐

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer?

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I really don't understand why local authorities and the people of Seattle are So Satisfied with this situation.

But I hope President Trump understands that they are, and stays out of it.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
“ now we know what CHOP really stands for “

I love puns !

Anyway

At least we know what to do with the FEMA coffin...........liners .

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I really don't understand why local authorities and the people of Seattle are So Satisfied with this situation.

But I hope President Trump understands that they are, and stays out of it.

He’s sitting back laughing at the left with his campaign manager while the dEms openly support the destruction of law and order.

The best part it, the media actually believe that a majority of people support this fake ‘movement’.

They don’t.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
A Brief History of Revolution

Looking back at the French Revolution is like staring into a mirror today. Financial crisis, hunger, unemployment, unresponsive government, and a greedy callous merchant class fueled class hatred and eventually gave life to what would be known as the Reign of Terror.

I wrote this during the Occupy Protests.

They used to talk about the French Revolution too.

But this is only half the story. The REASONS for the French revolution were many. Just in most cases. The revolution itself was a crime. A long one that plunged the whole world in to war when Napoleon arose from those ashes.

The reasons for this # today? Power. Nothing more.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Do these useful idiots know the person who championed beheadings during the French Revolution, Robespierre, was beheaded himself in the end?

It’s more like the Chinese Cultural Revolution anyway.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
All the while not knowing the leaders of the first revolution would be guillotined by the next revolution.
Toodles Robespierre! Nice knowing ya!
Modern Marat; enjoy your knife in the chest.

(had i only read the post above mine before replying)
edit on 15-6-2020 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Well Robespierre learned a lesson for shooting his mouth off!

I think most of the woke mob have already lost their minds, if not their heads.

They are becoming a parody. Whoever is stirring this violence across the western world must be getting desperate.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The source is an opinion article from Townhall.

The only point of evidence offered in the article (aside from opinion) is a Tweet that is no longer available.

The link is now working.

There is a speaker who says "What happened to people who didn't get on board with the French Revolution?"

Then he encourages the crowd to respond "CHOPPED."

It's one guy. If they go with this, it will further discredit their protest.

edit on 15-6-2020 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I swear Chaz/Chop are the absolute most vile people I've seen in modern times.

Clutch them pearls any tighter and what little oxygen is left sure won’t find it’s way into your brain.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

The only point of evidence offered in the article (aside from opinion) is a Tweet that is no longer available.

What more evidence could a person ask for?

Someone, somewhere said that so I’m sure it has to be representative of the whole movement.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Gryphon66

What more evidence could a person ask for?

Someone, somewhere said that so I’m sure it has to be representative of the whole movement.

The link is working in the Townhall article. It is a video of a guy on a bullhorn asking if the crowd knows what happened to people who didn't get on board with the French Revolutioni.

He did say it. Is the reaction at Townhall exaggerated? Sure.

But, that's the problem with saying stupid stuff like this ... no reason to make the connection between this protest and the French Revolution.

That is not what most of the protesters are asking for notably.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
“ now we know what CHOP really stands for “

I love puns !

Anyway

At least we know what to do with the FEMA coffin...........liners .

And the guillotines....

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The video wasn't.

But thanks for the deflection.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join