It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thomas Jefferson statue toppled by protesters

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They will keep teaching their sanitized versions like they did when I was in school in the 80s

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granby

They will keep teaching their sanitized versions like they did when I was in school in the 80s

Well that might be your problem ... Strange how I learned history in the '80s and I don't have this strange issue with suddenly realizing all this stuff about it and now my feels are intolerably hurt whenever I walk by a statue somewhere though even though he/she/it/they are linked to some of the not-so-nice things about history.

I'll bet I could walk by old Lenin in Seattle without having the sudden urge to break out ropes or deface it no matter how horrid I find the man and his ideology.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Some people do feel that way though

but screw them

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: SolAquarius

Jefferson owned slaves.

Fair game.

Did he own slaves in the 21st century? There shouldn't be one normal person in America - which would exclude you - who feels oppressed by a Jefferson statue. Maybe every Jefferson out there should be forced to change their last name, too.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

There shouldn't be one normal person in America who feels oppressed by a Jefferson statue

So the statue fell down on it's own did it ?

Can i ask you a serious question ? Are you sane ?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Not too long ago, Emmett Till's memorial was shot up with bullet holes. Leftists were beside themselves over it, now he has a bulletproof memorial.

A communist revolution is about right....

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Granby

In other words, your feelings are more valid than anyone else's.

Just as DB has been saying all along.

Why bother even trying to compromise with you?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

no my feelings
millions of peoples feelings

open your eyes

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

There shouldn't be one normal person in America who feels oppressed by a Jefferson statue

They tear these statues down because they think the statues are oppressive. You'd have to be one sensitive piss-cake to feel oppressed by an inanimate object.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

no my feelings

open your eyes

Looks like thousands to me, and that's being generous. Where do you get millions from?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

no my feelings

open your eyes

Oh I've been watching the national temper tantrum by the minority who are being allowed to stomp their feet like toddlers whose parents never learned how to effectively say no.

They are, btw, why we can never have nice things.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

They tear these statues down because they think the statues are oppressive. You'd have to be one sensitive piss-cake to feel oppressed by an inanimate object.

This is what happens when Little Johnny goes through school incompetent at everything but his teacher praised him for picking his nose because we can't let anyone feel bad because otherwise they'd have lousy self-esteem. They find anything that challenges their self-important little worldviews to be horribly dangerous.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Does anyone ever talk about how George Floyd (sp) was a home invasionist/burglar/assailant who brutalized pregnant women?
Just asking as I don't have cable or follow the mega-streams...

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SaneThinking

sad LOL

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I have posted this on one other smaller thread, but just what you said is coming true, may be also to plan.
Making the LEFT so bat# interesting that the RIGHT gets more RIGHT and (sorry was singing cadence in my head). that the right, goes farther right than they ever imagined, and they swallow it because DJT- and the Dems are so stupid.

augenguy.blogspot.com...

Most of us here are mostly pro DJT because of the good economy, and the common sense words, but this has some merit.

no one wants to think about how they are being played.
I am not saying I bleive it, I just want to get the idea out there.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Unless you don't have white privilege and your feelings are sore... Then you get away with it. Oh the irony...

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Normal people as you like to call them say slave owner Jefferson should have his statue removed.

Explained Wiencek: "If the rising generation finds the actions of these men to be repugnant, then the new generation has the right to demand the removal of memorials to them. There should be informed and reasoned discussion and debate -- universities are the ideal forum. Let the defenders of the memorials make their case on behalf of the enslavers.

Paul Finkelman, author of Slavery and the Founders: Race and Liberty in the Age of Jefferson (Routledge), said that he couldn't judge how colleges should deal with Jefferson statues, but he said the history is clear. "I don't think you go around honoring people for behavior that was truly awful, and Jefferson's relationship with slavery and race was truly awful, even from his own times," Finkelman said. "This is not looking back from now," he stressed

www.insidehighered.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Does anyone ever talk about how George Floyd (sp) was a home invasionist/burglar/assailant who brutalized pregnant women?
Just asking as I don't have cable or follow the mega-streams...

Not on any of the "approved" channels, and I think it gets you banned if you mention it on "approved" social media. Cancel culture also comes for you in other places when you bring it up.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

AH yes ... let's burn down the Declaration and COTUS because ... Thomas Jefferson ... slavery.

While we're at it, let's revoke Einstein's theories because he said some "problematic" things about Asians once.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Burn them books!

Yeee-HAW!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join