It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York City Covid Contact Canvassers Won't Ask If People Were At BLM Rallies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Well how about that, the Washington Times took that down. Here's another one from the National Review, it says the same thing.

Link< br />
There is a story about this on all the big news networks and a lot of small ones too.

Avery Cohen, the spokesperson, told the website THE CITY that if people volunteer information about attending rallies that will become part of their file but “no person will be asked proactively if they attended a protest.”

It gets better...

Officials like Mr. de Blasio who have staunchly advocated sweeping economic restrictions for months in response to the coronavirus have struggled to explain why massive demonstrations are not subject to the same rules.

The bold is mine.

In general, they argue the importance of identifying “systemic racism” and advocating for its abolition are more important than an individual’s economic well-being.

Earlier this month, the city council’s health committee chairman, Mark Levine, tweeted, “Let’s be clear about something: if there is a spike in coronavirus cases in the next two weeks, don’t blame the protestors. Blame racism.”

But wait... is the virus bad or not? I mean, if face coverings are essential as he said back in April why allow the protesters to go unpunished when they're not wearing one in close contact to others?

Link

New York residents will be required to wear face coverings when they are out in public and coming in close contact with other people, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Wednesday.

The new outbreak-fighting mandate will require a mask or face covering on busy streets, subways, buses or any situation where people cannot maintain 6 feet of social distancing. The promised executive order from Cuomo echoes recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as a way to limit the spread of the coronavirus.

(snip)

“Stopping the spread is everything. How can you not wear a mask when you’re going to come close to a person?” Cuomo said at his daily briefing. “On what theory would you not do that?”

ETA and link fixed. I don't understand why they think this isn't going to get reported on.
edit on 15-6-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Who didn't see this coming?

What a farce.

In general, they argue the importance of identifying “systemic racism” and advocating for its abolition are more important than an individual’s economic well-being.

EFF THAT.

The link 404'd on me or I would have added for the external quote.
edit on 15-6-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Everyone and everything is racist now, didn't you hear?

Stock Market = racist
History = racist
White people... all racists and racism against whites does not exist
You are white and don't announce your "white guilt"? Even more racist than the regular white people

lol

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) has indicated that officials are “not sure” of the role protests are playing in the spread of the virus, but it appears to be a question that will remain outstanding, at least in New York City, where contact tracers are instructed to avoid asking the question, leaving the divulgement of such information to the individual.

Their Chicom 19 policy is RACIST.

edit on 15-6-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

How to you "TRACE" viruses and outbreaks without identifying whether or not someone went to one of these protests/riots? Dems/progressives/Never Trumpers have lost their collective minds and somehow turn police brutality into a Trump issue and reinforce their narrative that Trump is a racist.

Welcome to bizarro world ladies & gents

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This is so predictable and typical of the left. They can’t have anything like ‘reality’ opposing their narrative, must control the storyline at all cost.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The new tracking software that was recently installed, everybody's iPhone probably ignores those who have been in rally areas.... gives them a pass.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Well OF COURSE they *Won't Ask If People Were At BLM Rallies* !!

More proof the whole COVID19 Information thing is rigged and controlled !!

🤣

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

How to you "TRACE" viruses and outbreaks without identifying whether or not someone went to one of these protests/riots?

They don't.

What they're trying to pull entirely defeats the so called purpose of CT.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: HalWesten

Everyone and everything is racist now, didn't you hear?

Stock Market = racist
History = racist
White people... all racists and racism against whites does not exist
You are white and don't announce your "white guilt"? Even more racist than the regular white people

lol

Yep! My ancestors on both sides came here before the revolutionary war and were either educators or clergy. No slave owners, most of them were from the north east, Ohio and Tennessee. I don't know whether to be ashamed of my race or not.

I choose not.
edit on 15-6-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It was all the Jews.

That's why they're welding the park shut, but that Black Trans Lives Matter protest can completely still happen.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This has gone way beyond tiresome.

Black hole sun
Won't you come
And wash away the rain
Black hole sun
Won't you come...
Won't you come...

I get it now, Chris. Seriously, I get it...

new topics

join