It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Novel coronavirus is a very dangerous disease

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Covid-19 is no worse than the flu for 99.999% of humans.

Do not let these liberal fear mongers convince the US that we need a second lockdown.

That is all they want.

This is the most brazen attempt of election interference the US has ever seen.

OP can hide and cower in his basement.

Do not be like him.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

" Google result "

Ah , you Lost Me Right there . FAKE NEWS .

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Well Der. What that page shows is that none of the media want to talk about the total number of tests.
When our secretary of state announced that number , six million seven hundred thousand tests ,
his eye rolls and squeaky voice were shouting , do I really have to announce that .
You never hear them talk about the CFR now it's not 2% anymore

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry to much it seems that recent evidence shows that you can have an immunity to it.

Setting buildings on fire looting and tearing down statues seems to prevent it from infecting your cells.

Unless your a racist then your in deep doo doo corona will knock you dead on your feet.

edit on 15-6-2020 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip
First off here's an instant block . This is NOT fearmongering or handwringing or pearl clutching .

That instant block didn't work!

First, there is already ample proof around the world that reporting on fatalities is way overblown. In the US, hospitals have been caught lying about Wuhan Flu (I will never use that stupid made up dystopian name that the WHO - China's political whore - foisted onto the world) so that they could get federal money. For the cases that have been caught and reversed, one must ask one's self how many were not caught? I am guessing many!

Second, the way that politicians (our fearless and altruistic leaders) have warned us all that having lunch with a friend, visiting family or going to church on Sunday morning will certainly bring about the end of humanity, but that protesting in the streets like a marauding crowd of ******* animals, looting, destroying, and murdering is essential to maintaining a free and open society speaks much more to me than any statistics you can quote. As my mama always told me, "Actions speak louder than words." Likewise, they speak louder than statistics.

Lastly, as Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain) famously said:

There are lies, damn lies, and statistics.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Why didn't you let us know this four months ago?

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Meh. There are masks, gloves, and bubbles people can wear if they're afraid of getting sick. I'm fine with pushing a cart through the grocery store and then biting a hang nail off of my finger without sanitizing first.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Thanks Dr. Internet.

I'll continue to not worry, not live in fear, not wear a mask, not comply, and not take part in this overt and harmful social initiation and subjugation ritual.
Enjoy the fear. And hypoxia.
See you all on the other side.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
fullfact factchecker charity

This article apparently supports the views expressed by most posters in this thread .

It says

In reality, the likelihood from dying if you get Covid-19 is much lower than the post claims, because the measure only looks at people who have been tested for Covid-19. 

When the virus started to spread in the UK, only the sickest were being tested. It is still the case that testing is largely limited to people with symptoms. 

So it misses many people who have had the disease but not shown symptoms, or haven’t been ill enough to be in hospital or get tested. And so the proportion of all cases (whether confirmed or not) which led to death is well below the figures used in the post. The global average confirmed case fatality rate is suspected to be somewhere between 0.6% and 9.3%, although the rates between countries vary widely. 

And this is the same bull# . There have been 6700000 tests conducted and less than 300000 came back positive .

So 6400000 ( six MILLION four hundred thousand ) tests have come back NEGATIVE in the UK , but they STILL want to claim there have " LIKELY " been all these asymptomatic untested cases .

Likely how ? It's cheating and snide at that.

It's a classic case of complete bullscheizer , from actual fact checkerers ! It's hardly a surprise though
Well ! You got sniffed by fuctcheckerers today and that organisation has definitely fuctup

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
a reply to: MRinder

exactly.

if you are scared, stay home. its simple.

do not tell men though, that men cannot make their own decisions.

Exactly.

When you force or demand someone to sit, they'll be even more inclined to stand. That's why this whole blm movement won't last much longer. Demanding acceptance or respect is the fastest was to lose both.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Retail workers come in contact with hundreds of people per day and very few of them have been hospitalized due to Coronavirus.

I just finished speaking to one. She feels sorry for all the people running around with masks on in this hot weather.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=25245273]LSU2018[/post

This was a discussion of the CFR , not orders for anything .

But when that was said , " do not tell men though , that men cannot make their own decisions "

It invoked the idea of them all going to their graves for their stubborn ignorances' sake

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I thought this article was pretty representative.

nltimes.nl...

Nearly 17 thousand of those infected with Covid-19 work in healthcare, the RIVM said, of which over 500 were hospitalized and 11 have died. They represent over 56 percent of all people who tested positive between the ages of 18 and 69, and over 35 percent of all those who tested positive in the Netherlands.

So basically there are two sample groups. The first is the people that report ill with symptoms. About half of the known infected in NL. With indeed a high mortality rate.

Reason they get tested: symptoms.

Basically we can say these people are ill and do not represent a sample group from the population at all as they would not have reported in if they barely had any symptoms.

The second sample group: healthcare employees.

Reason they get tested: being exposed to the virus by their line of work and access to early testing.

Basically we can say that healthwise they represent a sample group from the population as they do not need symptoms to be tested. However due to their over exposure to the virus they are much more likely to get the virus.

Infected 17k+, hospitalized 500+, deaths 11.

I would say that case fatality rate of 14+% is not possible with only 11 deaths over 17K highly exposed healthy people.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Go on. Have a nice walk outside. Or... maybe "nice" is out of the question. Because a monster is behind every corner.

It is your individual choice. Live in total fear, which equals to not live at all. Or, just live.

Yes, corona has killed people. And it will kill people in the future. But it is the mainstream media that has caused fear. What is the mission of media? Firstly, they are watchdogs of the government. But not in a sense commonly understood. They will not give information against the government. They will scare us, little worms, at the bottom of the pyramid fraud scheme. Secondly, media's mission is to sell fear.

You already have the corona virus. It is in your mindset.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass
Right , those are fair points and a reasonable argument . It would be helpful to know the total number of healthcare workers . Also something to note , they'd probably get immediate treatment or self care whereas for the general population would not be the same .
Not the foregoing rot anyway , and there's the links to check .
Thanks for that .

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Here is an important update for your thread.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Why didn't you let us know this four months ago?

I'm starting to suspect that he's not a real Doctor.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass
Those figures from the link don't necessarily add up too well.
The health care workers are 35% of the total positive tests , 11 have died . When there's over 6000 nl deaths , 11 represents a tiny fraction of total deaths for 35% of positive tests. Something's wrong there , not sure what yet. The hospitalisation rate in nl is over 20 % of positive tests too.
Also those healthcare figures should allow some idea of how many asymptomatic cases there are per positive tests , but it's not raised.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Here is the report from NPR.

Caitlin Rivers states:

"The current best estimates for the infection fatality risk are between 0.5% and 1%,"

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Look , can you explain why out of over six million seven hundred thousand tests , less than three hundred thousand come back positive ?

DOnT tell us it's because all those cases exist that must have been missed !

Everything about those there stats says that's categorically wrong !!

They base the r number off tests , they tell you how many new infections a day from testing .
That's the SAME tests jhu base the CFR on.
Therefore the CFR is reasonably accurate , and high.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join