It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina sheriff commends deputies who DID NOT return fire after being shot at.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Wake County Sheriff Gerald Baker has commended his deputies for holding their fire after being shot at by three individuals with guns. He said, “I think they did a great job showing great restraint with rounds being fired over them from the darkness of night and the wood line there. The deputies responded to the Plantation Glen subdivision around 8 p.m. for a report of shots fired. The deputies after spotting the individuals with the guns and ordering them to disengage, were shot at. Sheriff Gerald Baker said, “I commend those officers, you know, we got a lot…the question is about the de-escalation of things like that.” A search was conducted for the suspects who got away.
The deputies were close enough that they were able to identify three suspects with guns.
Now that cops are afraid to engage criminals with guns, the public as well as the L.E.O.s lives, no longer matter, and are in grave danger.
abcnews.go.com...
www.foxnews.com...

edit on V142020Mondaypm30America/ChicagoMon, 15 Jun 2020 13:14:32 -05001 by Violater1 because: lk;hgjkty

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
Now that cops are afraid to engage criminals with guns, the public as well as the L.E.O.s lives, no longer matter, and are in grave danger.

or maybe they didn't engage because they didn't have a clear shot and didn't want to hit any bystanders or peoples homes.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

they weren't really trying to hit the cops, just scare them. it's more like a game than anything real or dangerous. And cops are trained to rise above things like this.

I think in all honesty, most cops will quit and find something else to do. I think the areas that want cops gone should get exactly what they want.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Change will come and new methodology of apprehension explored and adopted. Times are changing.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
AAaaaANnnnnnnnDdddd......Gun sales will have another record month. Look for vigilante shootings to escalate. Hopefully you live in a state that has Castle doctrine in place. Man we are going to see SO many deaths so very soon if this keeps up.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Violater1

they weren't really trying to hit the cops, just scare them. it's more like a game than anything real or dangerous. And cops are trained to rise above things like this.

I think in all honesty, most cops will quit and find something else to do. I think the areas that want cops gone should get exactly what they want.

If I was a cop I would look for a job in private security. You know that is going to be a BIG commodity now. Hell, I think I will llc one just for the F of it. See what happens? WHo knows?

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Lul wut?

What kind of wonky mirror universe did we mandela timeskip into?

I want to go back

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
AAaaaANnnnnnnnDdddd......Gun sales will have another record month. Look for vigilante shootings to escalate. Hopefully you live in a state that has Castle doctrine in place. Man we are going to see SO many deaths so very soon if this keeps up.

Likely true but let's not call defending your home or family vigilanteeism.
It isn't, it's defending our most basic right to life.
Liberty and the pursuit of happiness are meaningless without it.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
We need something other than tasers that's for sure. The only thing I can think is a tranc dart that is as safe as poss. With the right restrictions there should be one somewhere. Its 2020 and it has to be possible . a reply to: Plotus

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to seeing more criminals getting shot by their would-be victims.

Violent crime rates will drop quickly after that.

Only thing I don't like is what this is doing to the cost of ammo. I should have bought more sooner.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JaqitchHgar

or maybe they didn't engage because they didn't have a clear shot and didn't want to hit any bystanders or peoples homes.

I have to think that is a strong possibility

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I feel sorry for women, kids and animals. I hope our men protect us. It's not a nice world any more and I am sooooooooooooooooooo glad we decided never to get pregnant and I am glad we lived through [compared to now] quite good times. I couldn't bring a kid into this crap house.
Up is down and bad is good. No thanks.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Eventually, we'll see this sentence following:

"The fourth cop could not be commended as he was in the city morgue."

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I wish I had Your psychic powers. To know when some one is really just messing around and trying to scare someone or are just a bad shot.

I hope all three of the cops families have a good long talk with them and tell them if the animals ever # at you again, put them down like the dogs that they are.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I guess the public will have to start defending themselves using their 2ed amendment rights.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

I wonder how buzzards behave once they develop a taste for human flesh.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Sheriff Baker has been in over his head since jump street; his press conferences are an exercise in deciphering babble and run-on sentences. Pay this man no attention.

This subdivision has experienced gun shots ringing out for months — apparently some local n’doers have been target shooting by the wooded, pond area.

It does seem that shots were fired after being alerted by deputies, but I suspect with Baker in charge the story is rather incomplete.

Here’s a update from today’s local tv news broadcast: Local Miscreants Shoot Guns After Being Alerted by LEO
edit on 15-6-2020 by Cravens because: link

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

You're absolutely right, it would have been really stupid to start a shootout when innocent people could have been hurt. It was dark, the criminals were in a subdivision meaning most likely the cops were between them and a residential area.

People trained with weapons and common sense know these things and even well-trained cops remind each other to watch crossfire zones. People that say the cops are afraid to engage criminals with guns obviously don't understand that their training is not going to stop them from protecting their own lives if necessary but it also keeps MOST of them from going too far.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cravens
Sheriff Baker has been in over his head since jump street; his press conferences are an exercise in deciphering babble and run-on sentences. Pay this man no attention.

This subdivision has experienced gun shots ringing out for months — apparently some local n’doers have been target shooting by the wooded, pond area.

It does seem that shots were fired after being alerted by deputies, but I suspect with Baker in charge the story is rather incomplete.

Here’s a update from today’s local tv news broadcast: Local Miscreants Shoot Guns After Being Alerted by LEO

It sounds like that around here before and during hunting season.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Dollars-to-donuts this is much closer to the truth than the OP’s insinuation deputies were afraid to return fire and the sheriff is commending acquiescence to off-the-rails societal pressure.

And as said before, Baker is a mental midget and the story is likely incomplete.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join