It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where does the cancel culture end?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

It really makes sense to go after the Confederate reminders in our society, it does. After all, when one group of Americans want something and are willing to use violence to get it who are we to say no? Troops from other states invade yours it goes without saying men with any sense of duty will defend their homes and families. Union troops were much like today's mobs; looting as they go and burning crops and buildings. The memory that Americans stood up against invading forces must be removed lest they resist once again.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Can they form a mob and tear down statues they deem offensive?

I say sure go for it.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Can they form a mob and tear down statues they deem offensive?

I say sure go for it.

they don't need your approval, they are actively doing it now. But it's good to know where you stand on the law and order side of things. Burn that bitch down, amirite? (until they get to your neighborhood, then it's time to call the cops)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It will end when white people grow their balls back. This doesn't at all mean we suddenly lynch blacks or whatever the left thinks we are up to all day. It means to just be ourselves again. To demand our culture back, because frankly if everyone would have to atone for their history, no human race would be the winner.
I think we have done enough in the sense of fairness and goodwill [we stopped slavery, we invented affirmative action and social security and many other positive things].
There comes a time that when all you want is to live peacefully together [impossible, but we have really tried], but if you are constantly slapped in the face BECAUSE you are a walkover who tries to be civil, I can't say when the patience runs out.

All these lies about whites not ahveing any culture etc. I just watched a computer rendition of how Rome used to look at the time. It was beautiful. We have a rich and long history and culture. I got goose pimples listening to German songs sang by Knights back in medieval times [not original...duh], it's my heritage. I feel something and I am not sorry any longer for loving my heritage, it is more than just a few years of Mr. A.H, so much more.
When you feel it, you know you have been tricked your whole life to self loathe. I'm not doing that any longer.

But kids don't learn that any longer, they only learn the bad things about their past and how they should feel guilty.
We just need to find ourselves again and live our culture in our countries as it is our right.

We can only get along when everyone has the same right to their culture and can stand up when others are getting too complacent and try to take everything away from you. Like adults with children.

Anyway, it will end when we pull ourselves together and firmly stand behind our heritage.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
where does the cancel culture end?

Here?

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If you think about it, Nazi Germany was the worst kind of cancel culture. The book burning, the riots, the cultural purges, the show trials—all of it led to the worst society in recent memory.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

It ends when cancel-culture cancels itself.

It's only a matter of time.

Someone holds a rally and they all end up setting themselves on fire accidentally but no medical, cops, or fireman can show up because the roads are blocked because all funding has been cut off.

edit on 15-6-2020 by NightVision because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Yes, by their logic you'd think they'd be burning down planned parenthoods across the country... but nope. Low hanging fruit for mindless people

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It ends when the people who its being directed at finally get off their asses and do something about it. Or, you know...just sit here and complain about it some more.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

I keep hearing that, but I can't imagine what it would look like. We can't sit here and condemn Antifa and then be just like them.

I think the best course of action is to give them exactly what they are asking for. Let it implode spectacularly, enjoy that show, then pick up the pieces and usher in some rule following. I'd like to start a movement. call it "laws matter". Petition for the government to abolish stupid laws and act on the ones that we deem necessary and important. Rather than ignore the one's we don't really like, but enforce the ones that make a few people money.

It would be a world were mob violence would be met with arrest and jail time, even if you were looting and destroying in the name of BLM. Where people would understand that we made these laws so society would operate without endangering citizens for the sake of others feelings.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Yes. If we start to retaliate, we would be playing right into the hands of those who want to convince everyone that you are a fascist if you don't subscribe to their world view.
They would say that our self-defence is "mindless violence" against peaceful, enlightened, compassionate people.
All their attacks are just goading people into responding so there's a reason to clamp down on everyone's freedoms.

Much better to make clear that you disapprove while not being dumb enough to stoop down to their level nor blind enough to allow yourself to be used as a tool to achieve someone else's goals.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

So you went from taking down statues to burning down homes....
You keep on hating on people you never even met though. Keep making silly assumptions about me.

For the record I have never called the cops in my life. I always handle my own trouble myself.

I don't care about statues. I think anyone that believes that taking down statues equals erasing history is a fool that forgot that history is taught in schools, is freely read online and is found in library's and the stories from their grandparents.

I'm talking about statues not burning buildings.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

It will end temporarily after the election if Trump wins, just like it did in 2016. In fact, I bet Lady Antebellum even goes back to being Antebellum even though it's too late and they've burned their bridges. Then it will kick back up again in 2022 and 2024. Democrats are like clockwork now when it comes to trying to win an election. The racism kicks up, the sexual assaults kick up, the oppressive tv shows they've watched all their lives kicks up, and so on...

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

It ends with them all killing themselves.
The ultimate cancel.

Well, we can hope.

I don't think there are enough statues, but we can go set them back up. Since we're talking about a gaggle of Darwinians, it shouldn't be too hard to let them take themselves out.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

That's right. When white people stop letting black people involved in BLM make them feel ashamed of being white, this will end. BLM is nothing more than the black KKK. The biggest con of all time, even more than the trojan horse, has been the way white people are shamed into kneeling and begging forgiveness, and the way they've acted like white privilege isn't a myth in the 21st Century.

When white privilege existed, it was pre civil rights when democrats were lynching blacks. I read an article yesterday about Chuba Hubbard, Oklahoma State's star running back, saying he'll no longer have anything to do with Oklahoma State because Mike Gundy, the head coach, was wearing an OANN t-shirt and Hubbard said it was too offensive to be involved with OSU sports any longer. This is the point we've reached and if white people don't start pushing back against the bullying, it's going to get a lot worse when the push-back DOES finally happen.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

The BLM/Mainstream narrative is that ALL BLACKS must think the same and have the same exact ideology/world view. Those who don't are ignored or cast out. One of the worst kinds of discrimination there is: Black on Black discrimination.

Try to explain this to a Leftist and watch the eyes glaze over.

edit on 16-6-2020 by NightVision because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Not soon.

Identity politics is being pushed heavily by the corporate class to prevent or drown out discussion of real issues.

I expect this to get worse before it gets better.
edit on 1662020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'm actually surprised this thread has not took off and therein is the real problem. A lot of people have never even heard of this and those that have say; so what? It doesn't effect me because I don't say anything racist, sexist or whatever. But, that's the problem. America is free speech like it or not, and a lot of what is being said is NOT racist at all. My friend recently lost a good paying job because she said all lives matter. Facebook groups like expose racist 2020 was responsible. If anything these groups and people are racists against white people. I say this and I have black ancestry myself. Besides, having a differing opinion should be welcomed. Its how we all grow as individuals. Sadly this isn't going away unless we all make a stand against it. If someone says something racist or sexist on a job, sure fire them...but people should have the right to speak their minds on their own time without fear of repercussions. That is the founding principle of America.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join