It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Workers can't be fired for being gay or transgender, Supreme Court rules

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Employers like the Funeral home case will take it on the chin with this one. The guy that wants to play dress up as a woman will be losing a lot of business for that funeral home.

A relative has just passed away and I have to deal with a man in a dress playing make pretend? No thanks and not sorry...

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BastogneFoxHole
Employers like the Funeral home case will take it on the chin with this one. The guy that wants to play dress up as a woman will be losing a lot of business for that funeral home.

A relative has just passed away and I have to deal with a man in a dress playing make pretend? No thanks and not sorry...

So, let me get this, er, straight.

You think that everyone in the US is a bigot?

I think most folks are more concerned at a funeral home with their loss, not what the attendants are wearing. At least, most folks would be.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Why should they be? I can think of only one reason, and that reason would require the individual to publicize (in any way) their choices.
Religious institutions, be it private schools, churches, etc., often require their employees to have the same faith of the people for whom they work. I think this is a valid expectation, if made. For example, if a teacher went home over the summer and transitioned, I can see how this would conflict (if it did indeed conflict) with their role in the school and the reinforcement their lives are supposed to give to the institution. You may argue this is wrong, or unfair, etc., but really it makes tremendous sense.
Now, we are saying that a teacher (et al.) can act contrary to the tenets espoused by the institution. Which flys in direct conflict with the first amendment.!
Also, I think people should be allowed to fire people for any reason.!if it is for seemingly bigoted reasons, all the better that the reason is clear and public. Like LT Aldo Rayne says-‘I like my Nazis in uniform, so I know who they are

edit on 19/6/2020 by ThouArtGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I believe one of the officers involved in the recent shooting had a family member fired over it.

This is just giving them another inch and they want miles. Never satisfied and definitely wont play by the same rules.

Conservatives and whites will be avoided by certain industries .

They literally have to accept people with lower scores and less skill to add diversity.

This leaves the more qualified person at home and tries to prop up a naturally unintelligent person like aoc.
The consequences are disastrous.
It would be like putting a 5 year old in charge.

And they are using 5 year olds as the of head police forces, teach in colleges, as elected officials.

Yes its nice,, but it's too important of a role for less qualitied.

And the best at that was Obama. Putting people in high places just because of their gender and skin color rather then skill or experience.

The airforce I belive was pissed when Osama put a women in a top position, very nice a just no flight experience and a joke of a person if you went to war.

edit on 19-6-2020 by Bloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
I believe one of the officers involved in the recent shooting had a family member fired over it.

This is just giving them another inch and they want miles. Never satisfied and definitely wont play by the same rules.

Conservatives and whites will be avoided by certain industries .

They literally have to accept people with lower scores and less skill to add diversity.

This leaves the more qualified person at home and tries to prop up a naturally unintelligent person like aoc.
The consequences are disastrous.
It would be like putting a 5 year old in charge.

You're confusing Title VII with something like Affirmative Action it seems. Or are you just running short of arguments.

The decision that protection from discrimination by sex extends to sexual preference and difference from assigned sex at birth doesn't affect hiring. It actully PREVENTS discrimination rather than encouraging it.

Furthermore if you are a "conservative" ... don't you believe that businesses have the right to hire and fire as they wish?

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join