It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masks, don't be this guy.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Why do you care what other people do ? Why don’t you and your family stay home if you need to rewrite the constitution . When we’re all living in a fenced in state of slavery you’ll still be telling us how to live . Please give you and y9ur families rights away , I’d rather keep mine . He who gives up freedom for temporary safety deserve neither . Would you agree ?

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I still don't get what the big deal about going without is. I do it all the time unless I'm having to go to a place that absolutely requires it for some reason. And it can usually avoid those places if I need to by taking myself elsewhere. Physical therapy is the exception to that rule.

The key is to make like they say in that old movie "The Paper" - "A clipboard and confident wave will get you into any building in the world." The same here. Act like you belong wherever you are and people aren't likely to hassle you, mask or not.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I still don't get what the big deal about going without is.

I still don't get what the big deal about going with is.

Is it really that dreadful to wear a mask? Seems like common courtesy, nowadays. A habit. There are worse.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

I don't think Americans realize the importance of the mask.

Yeah , to Bad they Also don't Cover those Lying Eyes ..........

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This video sums it all up.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: spacedoubt
They are outside.
As long as you aren’t up I each other’s faces, catching a breather outside is fairly safe.

It really the confines of buildings, busses, etc that are issues.

But if you don't wear it correctly, it's not doing the job it's intended to do, and not wearing it would be the smarter choice.

If you had to wear eye protection, having the glasses on a chain around your neck wouldn't do much to save your eyes.

I disagree. If the mask is covering your mouth and not your nose, then it is doing more than half its job of protecting other people from coming in contact with the virus if the wearer happens to be contagious.

It is doing one of its intended jobs of keeping most of the droplets of saliva that is commonly expectorated from a person's mouth (even just through talking) from getting on other people or touch surfaces.

Having said that, it is better if they cover their nose as well. I just think it's false to say they may as well not wear it at all if they are only covering their mouth.

edit on 2020/6/16 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It is if you're claustrophobic. It is if it's hot and weather is in the 90s with a stifling heat index. It is if you're even mildly exerting yourself and you keep rebreathing your old CO2.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

Huh, so you're saying when you sneeze, it never, ever comes out your nose? I'll remind myself of that the next time it happens and I get snot everywhere.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Huh, so you're saying when you sneeze, it never, ever comes out your nose? I'll remind myself of that the next time it happens and I get snot everywhere.

No, but most people will instinctively cover a sneeze with their hand (better yet their elbow), or turn away from others.

I'm talking about the mask protecting others from something people don't normally consider -- which is that if a contagious person is a couple of feet away from you and talking to you without a mask, then they are unwittingly spreading potentially virus-carrying saliva droplets onto you (for example, maybe onto your hands).

A mask covering the mouth will go a long way in protecting against that. Granted, covering the nose as well is better overall.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

The bigger risk there is that you get it on your hands and touch your face.

We've been wearing gloves to remind ourselves not to do that. The masks make we touch my face incessantly because, as mentioned, I'm claustrophobic and having something snug over my face drives me crazy. I can't leave them alone.

I can't tolerate scarves in the winter either and for the same reason, so my face simply freezes no matter how cold it gets. I'm lucky I don't live way, way up north.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I can't tolerate scarves in the winter either

[looks at Tom Baker in your avatar] Oh, the irony!

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I just come off as the gruff old asshole you don't feel its worth messing around with. Which is actually as far from the truth as one could be.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thenail

Why do you care what other people do ? Why don’t you and your family stay home if you need to rewrite the constitution . When we’re all living in a fenced in state of slavery you’ll still be telling us how to live . Please give you and y9ur families rights away , I’d rather keep mine . He who gives up freedom for temporary safety deserve neither . Would you agree ?

I stepped in it with this thread. It's much like suggesting that video games where kids slaughter others with war weapons might need to be looked at with regard to shootings by youngsters, it's just something you aren't allowed to bring up. So, now and forever, I care not about your mask, my mask, or anyone's mask. If I choose to wear one, I will. If I'm forced to wear one, I may snap and go #ing postal or I may just quietly comply. Depends on random events of the day. If you want to wear it as some form of new underwear and try to convince me that it's still doing it's job, super #ing duper.

I hope everyone enjoys their masks, however you wish to wear it. And I hope you all look as fashionable as you wish to with or without it.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

"Just Don't Do It" eh?

Nike are going to sue someone's arse. LoL

As to masks, it's a good idea, even if only to contain/retard the spread of the pathogen from those already infected or persons that do not realize they are infected, especially so where public transport is concerned.

After all, safety somewhat succeeds comfort.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Short of a sneeze, laugh, yell or cough, the moisture isn't coming from your nose or mouth. It is just moist air coming from your lungs (where the virus load is) and coming out in your breath. It doesn't care which way it comes out. If your nose is out, you are likely breathing out of your nose more.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Subsonic
Honestly, I want the Covid so I can get the shot over with and contribute to the herd immunity.

please link me to the magic shot that cures the corona.

Ha! Typo, I meant sh#t...if you hear of a shot let me know!

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I see this everywhere.

Just today at a grocery store who has hired security to make sure people are complying and not really sure what else; one on the workers walk right up on me while I was laying groceries on the belt, I had to lean forward to get him off me, and of course the dumbass had his mask hanging off one ear.

Last time I shop there, friggin idiots everywhere!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join