It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masks, don't be this guy.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

Van Kerkhove’s latest remarks come after a Monday press briefing at the WHO headquarters in Geneva, where she said that, “from the data we have, it still seems to be rare that an asymptomatic person actually transmits onward to a secondary individual.”

“We have a number of reports from countries who are doing very detailed contact tracing,” Van Van Kerkhove continued during the press briefing. “They’re following asymptomatic cases. They’re following contacts. And they’re not finding secondary transmission onward. It’s very rare.”

link to a news article

They said it, but then they took it back, because there's been nothing but mixed messages this whole time so why stop now?

edit on 15-6-2020 by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
They are outside.
As long as you aren’t up I each other’s faces, catching a breather outside is fairly safe.

It really the confines of buildings, busses, etc that are issues.

when you emerge from your basement and travel out in the world a bit, you will notice that this isn't some rare exception in this picture, but the norm almost everywhere you go. And exactly for the reason of the poster who explained that wearing a mask like this all day is super uncomfortable. I get that. But if you don't wear it correctly, it's not doing the job it's intended to do, and not wearing it would be the smarter choice.

If you had to wear eye protection, having the glasses on a chain around your neck wouldn't do much to save your eyes.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile
a reply to: network dude

Personally I do tire of wearing the masks, I have to wear one at my job all day long and there are many times that the mask gets very hard to breathe through. Whenever that happens I either lower my mask like that for a moment or two, or I take it off and let it hang off my left ear.

For all you know that's exactly what's happening at this moment. She lowered the mask to be able to breathe a little better, especially in a humid environment because if those masks get too moist, you're practically suffocating yourself.

Not everyone agrees with the mask wearing, but many do it out of compliance or politeness, take your pick. When I'm at work I wear my mask, but outside of work anymore I just don't do it, unless the business I need to enter requires it. I got a haircut the other day and man, it was weird wearing a mask while getting trimmed. The lady did a good job, though.

Some doctors are saying wearing the mask for extended periods is allowing germs to breed inside the mask because the breath is moist and it creates an optimal environment for that, making the wearer more susceptible to worse infections of all kinds. If the WHO and Fauci and other scientists can't make up their minds if masks prevent getting or giving any virus, this could go on for months or years unnecessarily. That's what worries me.

We know wearing a cloth mask prevents large droplets from going too far but if you want to see how effective they are, just blow some smoke or corn starch through one. There are videos on YT that show all kinds of people testing them from using a vacuum cleaner (way too much suction) that shows only an N95 being effective, to science labs doing all sorts of testing for the CDC and other entities. I was going to post one, thinking it would be easy to find a good video but there are so many I decided to let people decide for themselves.

The part that irritates me is a lot of people think masks are going to stop the virus from spreading and they are usually the vocal militants that curse or shame others for not wearing a mask. The rest of us (I think) know this is only going to slow it down, not stop it, which is still a good thing. But the panic the media and government officials use when numbers of cases go up is a real problem. That's what gets people all fired up, convinces governors to shut things down completely, and so on.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Please wear a mask when going shopping or outdoors with many people.

In Okinawa we now have over one month of no infections. Why, well its the mask.

Please wear a full-body hazmat suit so I don't have to smell your cologne/aftershave or perfume or body spray because it irritates my sinuses and makes it hard for me to breathe.

Come on. If you don't develop anti-bodies for this it's going to come back and bite you in the rear - hard.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Couple of weeks ago someone on ats went on a childish rant because someone else said they should be wearing a mask and they didn’t want to.
Now someone on ats is telling people how they should be wearing a mask properly

Let people do whatever they want, mask fascists, wear one don’t, wear it properly don’t. Complaining about someone else’s choices, this place is crazy now

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Masks do have their limitations.
But it is best to wear one when among people.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

In your opinion.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

In your opinion.

Yes.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Couple of weeks ago someone on ats went on a childish rant because someone else said they should be wearing a mask and they didn’t want to.
Now someone on ats is telling people how they should be wearing a mask properly

Let people do whatever they want, mask fascists, wear one don’t, wear it properly don’t. Complaining about someone else’s choices, this place is crazy now

I apologize for forcing you to not only read this, but comment on it. The pain and anguish you must have endured is beyond comprehension. I will organize a prayer group to pray for your soul, while we organize some comfort kittens to send to you. Again, sorry.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Lol, most Americans don't understand much of anything except how to find the nearest all day all you can eat buffet.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
Most people aren't using the masks properly, they constantly touch the mouth pieces, lower them to talk and re wear them. No one, unless you're in the medical field or have been trained, has been not wearing masks properly, at all. So, if you have them hanging off your face, just don't bother wearing a damn mask. I don't wear one at all, I honestly do not see the point. I use rubbing alcohol, in my vehicle, wash my hands when I get home. I don't touch my face out in public and I try not to touch several areas while in public. So far, this pandemic, I haven't gotten sick with even a cold. I have been sick free since last year.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Will covid eventually die or will it just persist forever with different states opening up?

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Will covid eventually die or will it just persist forever with different states opening up?

Chicom 19 will last right up until the election.

Then like police brutality vanish, if the current prez loses.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: liliththedestroyer

I don’t wear one, havnt worn one, don’t use rubbing alcohol and won’t and I havnt been sick for a couple of years
Wear one or don’t, it’s not my business, let people do what they want

People can do as they wish, why force your views on others

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Keep your comfort kittens dude, your warm thoughts, your “I am better than you” arrogance, I don’t need it
Go moan and complain all you want about people not doing what you want them to do, like me, we just don’t care about your opinion and pretty happy to tell you to stick your preachy arrogance

Wear a mask, don’t, it’s not my business, sick of the self righteousness of some who tell others what to do

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I don't wear one unless the store i'm going into requires it. I just feel that if you are going to go through the trouble of having one while driving, or while walking your dog on the street, you should wear it properly, otherwise, you might get the vid.

I am quite a powerful person, and when I say something, much like E.F.Hutton, people listen. But you don't have to, you can completely ignore me if you wish. I have given you that power. You are welcome.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'll pass on the blood oxygen reducer, thanks. I'm also not Lysol-nuking my house, mail & deliveries, and even let one of my kids attend a sleepover this past weekend.

It's my job to evaluate, and calculate risks and act accordingly, not the mask mafia's. They can pick a butt cheek and start kissing it. Ermahgerd, potential butt germs!!

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I pity people like you, expecting others to care what you think, I don’t

Thanks for that power, I feel special now

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain

originally posted by: network dude

...This doesn't do anything. Leaving your nose out for comfort is, well, more comfortable, but not effective at all. It completely negates the reason for wearing the mask.

While I generally agree with what you're saying, it does NOT completely negate the reason for wearing the mask.

Covering the mouth could still protect a COVID-19 carrier from unwittingly spreading the disease through the transmission of their saliva onto surfaces or onto other people, which can happen through something as simple as talking. Saliva droplets can (and almost always do) come out of a person's mouth when they speak, and a mask can prevent that. It will also somewhat block a cough.

The point of wearing a mask is not only to protect the wearer from other contagious people, but also to protect people around the wearer from the possibility that the wearer is contagious.

Ummm...all good...

Up until they exhale through their proboscis...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I think your "guy" maybe a gal

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join