It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masks, don't be this guy.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

this picture came from this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just want to say, if you want to wear a mask, please do it. But, if you are wearing a mask to fit in, or be cool, or be fashionable, just don't. Do it right, or don't do it. This doesn't do anything. Leaving your nose out for comfort is, well, more comfortable, but not effective at all. It completely negates the reason for wearing the mask.

Please, don't be that guy. If you don't want to be uncomfortable, don't wear one.
edit on 15-6-2020 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I don't think Americans realize the importance of the mask.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I can ware a mask for fashion if I like.
they've been doing it in china and japan for years now.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I can ware a mask for fashion if I like.
they've been doing it in china and japan for years now.

wear but I guess ware is so cool lol

+24 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Masks are virtue signals now.

You don't have to wear it properly, or even wear the correct type.

You just have to be seen wearing something or you're a murderer.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Personally I do tire of wearing the masks, I have to wear one at my job all day long and there are many times that the mask gets very hard to breathe through. Whenever that happens I either lower my mask like that for a moment or two, or I take it off and let it hang off my left ear.

For all you know that's exactly what's happening at this moment. She lowered the mask to be able to breathe a little better, especially in a humid environment because if those masks get too moist, you're practically suffocating yourself.

Not everyone agrees with the mask wearing, but many do it out of compliance or politeness, take your pick. When I'm at work I wear my mask, but outside of work anymore I just don't do it, unless the business I need to enter requires it. I got a haircut the other day and man, it was weird wearing a mask while getting trimmed. The lady did a good job, though.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
There is a lot going on in that picture.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

What is the importance ?
None are as effective as folks are told.
None.
Read the OSHA handbook .

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
That's not a guy.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'm forced to wear one at work, even though they take our temperatures every time we enter the building, and the WHO says asymptotic contagion is extremely rare. Anyways what i'm saying is sometimes I also pull my mask down for a bit to breathe without the obstruction. So you could also take a pic of me wearing my mask like that but the truth is I wear it for 7.5 hours normally.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

...This doesn't do anything. Leaving your nose out for comfort is, well, more comfortable, but not effective at all. It completely negates the reason for wearing the mask.

While I generally agree with what you're saying, it does NOT completely negate the reason for wearing the mask.

Covering the mouth could still protect a COVID-19 carrier from unwittingly spreading the disease through the transmission of their saliva onto surfaces or onto other people, which can happen through something as simple as talking. Saliva droplets can (and almost always do) come out of a person's mouth when they speak, and a mask can prevent that. It will also somewhat block a cough.

The point of wearing a mask is not only to protect the wearer from other contagious people, but also to protect people around the wearer from the possibility that the wearer is contagious.

edit on 2020/6/15 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
They are outside.
As long as you aren’t up I each other’s faces, catching a breather outside is fairly safe.

It really the confines of buildings, busses, etc that are issues.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I'm forced to wear one at work, even though they take our temperatures every time we enter the building, and the WHO says asymptotic contagion is extremely rare. Anyways what i'm saying is sometimes I also pull my mask down for a bit to breathe without the obstruction. So you could also take a pic of me wearing my mask like that but the truth is I wear it for 7.5 hours normally.

Exactly, this would be like if someone snapped a picture of me when I take my mask off for a quick breather, and claiming I never wear my mask properly at work. Hell, I even have to take the thing off to speak on the phone because every time I wear it, I have customers snapping that they can't hear me at all, and even though I could raise my voice more, I work at a bank and don't need to be shouting everything I'm telling them to all the customers around me. Privacy and all that jazz.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

They don’t realize it, and worse, they “virtue signal” to their buddies that it’s dumb to wear a mask.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Show me where WHO says asymptomatic transmission is rare .

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The other day someone said to me "hey, it's not Halloween you can take that ugly, scary mask off".

I wasn't wearing one.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
They are outside.
As long as you aren’t up I each other’s faces, catching a breather outside is fairly safe.

It really the confines of buildings, busses, etc that are issues.

Right. Mom and pops had to shut down, outside jobs shutdown, but Walmart and Home Depot were ok. CNN anchors had a mask but not cameraman.
Last but not least, mobs are certainly ok, as long as all the Karens and Beta males show proof they’re at least purchasers of “the mask”.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

Show me where WHO says asymptomatic transmission is rare .

www.cbc.ca...

"From the data we have, it still seems to be rare that an asymptomatic person actually transmits onward to a secondary individual," she said at a media briefing in Geneva on Monday. "It's very rare."

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

I think many people incorrectly think that the reason for wearing it is to personally protect themselves from breathing in the virus.

But the actual main reason for wearing a mask is to help stop the wearer ( if they are a carrier) from unwittingly transmitting COVID-19 to other people.

edit on 2020/6/15 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Please wear a mask when going shopping or outdoors with many people.

In Okinawa we now have over one month of no infections. Why, well its the mask.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join