It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Candidate JOE BIDEN - Police Should Shoot Unarmed Knife Attackers In The Leg.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN
a reply to: Lumenari

If someone is attacking you with a weapon (intent to kill) then you need to as quickly as possible make their body temperature ambient temperature.

The FBI teaches disarming shots in their training, including shoulder separation shots. This will separate the shoulder with which the 'perp' is holding a weapon.

It is effective training, but most municipal firearms training is low cost, center mass type training. Isn't it nice we hold our police to a lower standard of training? Doesn't show at all, does it?

But I am a HUGE fan of social Darwinism.

Speaking of, will you be attending a Trump rally soon? I noticed southern states were having an increase in covid hospitalizations....social Darwinism at work! I love it!

Less conservative voters is a GOOD thing for America!
MAGA.

The actual military (Vet here) teaches it differently.

As for your question about a Trump rally, never been to one, never will.

Are you protesting somewhere lately?

Because I'm also a fan of math... a buttload more protesters, looters, rioters and murderers out there lately then will show up at a Trump rally.

Not a lot of Conservatives looting and rioting, if you have noticed.

Also not a lot of Conservative cities making their police go away.

Let's see a few years from now which political ideology decided to protest themselves out of the gene pool.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bent8484

True, which is why many cops have the less than lethal devices on them.

But, the law is pretty clear on using guns, and frowns upon shooting to maim or cripple.

Guns are supposed to remain holstered or lowered, until ready to be used. Shooting legs is shooting to maim and cripple. Shooting shoulders is maiming and crippling. Shooting hands is maiming and crippling. Hell, even shooting someone in the chest or stomach could leave them with significant lung damage, skeletal damage, or stuck with a colostomy bag. All of which are maiming and incapacitating.

Shooting a person once or twice in the stomach or chest still leaves the potential for an armed suspect to kill. I've seen it happen.

The only guaranteed legal way to shoot someone and not end up in jail, is when a person feels that their life is in danger and draws and kills the other person.

Even if the court finds a person not guilty in the act of killing someone in self defense the family or any other institution could file a civil suit in which a person may be on the hook for quite a bit of money.

But, unfortunate as it is, a dead person can't testify.

I'm not disagreeing with you altogether.

I was trained that center mass is actually lower. More in the abdominal area than the chest area.

But, I was also trained that if someone has a weapon, especially a firearm to not think the situation is okay just because the target hit the ground after a couple of shots.

That's how you get stabbed or shot.

Being the person who is in that situation is #ty. It's a #ty situation. You know that if you ever get into a situation like that it's likely you'll automatically be the bad guy in a lot of people's eyes.

But when it comes down to it, and you find yourself in that situation. Basic instincts tend to take over and you either freeze or fight to preserve your own life. Training just makes it to where you have some more control over it.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   
As police and military.. you learn to shoot in the center of the body, where the biggest target is.
In a hot situation it is not worth the risk to you your teammates and civilians to shoot at legs or arms.
You shoot at the biggest target.. center.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took a bullet to the knee.

Biden hate aside, I mean.. it's basically a sound statement. What he doesn't factor into it is how scared these cops are and how adrenalized they are in the moment. One does not simply make a controlled, confident judgement call to make a less than lethal aim when they feel like they are in danger.

Now, a knife? All bets are off, you can kill with a knife and you're coming at me. Unarmed? Less than lethal shot.

Drunk black guy pointing a tazer at you while he's fleeing from you to avoid going to jail for DUI during heightened racial tensions because an officer recently killed a black man? DEFINITELY a kill shot, 3 rounds, no questions there.
edit on 15-6-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   
“Don’t bring a knife to gunfight” - Vote 2020

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:50 AM
link   
'unarmed' knife attacker.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

God help us all if Biden wins.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

But, the law is pretty clear on using guns, and frowns upon shooting to maim or cripple.

Shooting a person once or twice in the stomach or chest still leaves the potential for an armed suspect to kill. I've seen it happen.

Being the person who is in that situation is #ty. It's a #ty situation.

But when it comes down to it, and you find yourself in that situation. Basic instincts tend to take over and you either freeze or fight to preserve your own life. Training just makes it to where you have some more control over it.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

The actual military (Vet here) teaches it differently.

US Army 11H TOW anti-tank missile, Ft. Benning, GA. Military has different objective than civilian law enforcement. Military should be center mass/shoot to kill. Civilian should be shoot to disarm, if possible.

Are you protesting somewhere lately?

Nope, I vote. Would not mind a nice new laptop though.

Not a lot of Conservatives looting and rioting, if you have noticed.

They are going to church though......

And I have noticed an odd assortment of unidentified white people causing damage to buildings or starting fires. And then disappearing into the night. Since conservatives are overwhelmingly white, it does raise questions about who exactly is doing the looting and rioting.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

You're active duty out of Fort Benning? I'm curious, how do people on base feel about the name changing thing? Is there support for it among the enlisted rank, or is it just a handful of officers pushing for it? Or higher up, maybe a media relations play?

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
a reply to: carewemust

I have been saying shot people in the leg if you can for years, I agree with Biden on that.

there are main arteries in the leg. They need to shoot the weapon out of their hands. it's easy to do. I see it done in the movies a lot, and that's just like real life. Oh, and it's imperative to offer a catch phrase just after you do it. that makes for better all around viewing, and with body cams, it's kind of important.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It's also important to carry sunglasses in an accessible pocket, in case you need to resort to a Caruso maneuver (look down and one quarter to the side, say one-liner, turn to camera front, put sunglasses on, YYEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!). That's pretty basic law enforcement stuff.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

see, this guy gets it.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
'unarmed' knife attacker.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

God help us all if Biden wins.

Biden is facing immense pressure from two sides.

His "handlers" want him to stay home and just do "soft-ball" interviews.

Democrats want Biden to make public appearances, so they don't feel like total idiots for voting for him.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   
More cops are killed per knife attack than gun attack. The knife will f** s*** up that no surgeon can fix. It severs tendons that will never grow back. The only thing worse than a knife to the gut is a shotgun to the gut. But the knife can run the length of an artery, and there’s no way to suture that; surgeon has to lasso above the slice and write off all the tissue distal to the wound.

Shooting a limb with a 9mm will not reliably stop an attacker, who may go into shock and continue their attack, not realizing they’ve been hit until after the attack ends.

Texas does not recognize “shooting to wound” as a viable defense strategy for law enforcement, and it is not an answer to prosecution (of Leo OR civilian) that you were shooting to disable an offender. They cover this in citiizen “license to carry/ccw” classes.

“Make every shot count” is still the rule to live by.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

Thank-you for a valuable contribution. Its too bad Joe Biden has lived such a sheltered life. Even though Joe talks tough, he hasn't been in the "real world" since his altercation with Corn Pop.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join