It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kuleshov Effect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
How The News Lies to You Every Day ... Yet You Never Notice

It's your emotional response. They show you something to elicit a non-intellectual reaction. It's a simple and powerful technique that makes the MSM's propaganda work against you. Have you ever wondered why you feel what you're being told is less than genuine or factual ... and just a little digging winds up proving your instincts right?

When someone ridicules you for being a Conspiracy Theorist, remember this OP. Remember that you perceive what is laid out for you. They do too ... Causation ≠ Correlation ... but, take it for granted. It might take a little encouragement to get them to watch a 20 minute video from 2019.

Cheers,
Snarl

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Everything in this Life is either an Outright Lie or a Half Truth . All we as Individuals can do is try and see the World as it Really is , then Deal with it from there . Be SAFE Out There Bro.........

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Oh, I notice lol.

This looks like a good way to spend the next 20 minutes, thanks. S+F

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Great video.

A crazy member once wrote this which is relevant: Link

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
When someone ridicules you for being a Conspiracy Theorist, remember this OP.

ever noticed that anyone who brings up a different perspective on the current situation is immediately being riciduled and shut up on everywhere on social media lately? this is more so the case on twitter and youtube; i feel that people are afraid of being ridiculed and those attacking them are more than ready to accept anything fed by the msm (or pretend to do so for that matter). this wasn't always the case up until the last coupkle of years, the early 2010s was an era of brainstorming, which is over for good apparently.

i don't claim that i believe everything coming out of a conspirating mind but i personally prefer to think out of the box and brainstorm over many ideas no matter how crazy they might sound. i guess the deliberate injection of baloney into some ideas that could well make sense has really done its job on us masses.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
A crazy member once wrote this which is relevant: Link

You'll find a new S&F on that. Missed it during my "ATS Gap".

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: and14263

I was onto this a while ago, but you kicked my ass in explaining it.

May be the best compliment ever!!

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: jamsession
ever noticed that anyone who brings up a different perspective on the current situation is immediately being ridiculed and shut up on everywhere on social media lately?

It ain't just lately. It used to happen a Lot here too. Almost (almost) made me stop posting as a member. However, it was just that type of behavior that really got me out of lurker mode.

I like to know what other people think. Very few people I completely ignore. But, what you said about YouTube and Twitter, holds true with me too. I mostly don't even bother.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Yeah, I've seen the same. If you look at my grey area thread on reptilians and names...I had to defend the concept of low-likelihood scenario modeling before I could discuss the topic at hand. Happened to me on the aliens board too.

These insecure skeptics always jump in to stroke their own egos, acting as if the OP was aggressively proselytizing a belief instead of playing with strange ideas. As if it were all about them and what they believe.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bent8484
These insecure skeptics always jump in to stroke their own egos, acting as if the OP was aggressively proselytizing a belief instead of playing with strange ideas. As if it were all about them and what they believe.

Don't let 'em keep you from stretching your legs and growing here. ATS is a great proving ground.

Most of the forums are lively and spirited. You might have just bumped into people so familiar with the subject matter they didn't treat you like you were welcome. Big trolls live under some of the bridges.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Yeah, I've noticed that it varies from forum topic to forum topic. The ones who hang out in Skunkworks and Grey Area seem to just be waiting for easy pickings, but as soon as you tax their reading comprehension a bit, they just snap and start looping platitudes.

This one time, I had some guy who didn't know the difference between falsifiability and verifiability, and therefore had likely never read Popper, lecturing me on the nature of scientific inquiry and claiming that I was encouraging pseudoscience just by describing the ideas without argument or justification provided. I'm a physicist. It made me go back to lurking for a couple years...not this time, though. I'm older and saltier and ready to argue.
edit on 15-6-2020 by Bent8484 because: Wrong verb, it made me sound emo.

new topics

top topics

join