It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the world in a major depression ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
We have and international crowd of forum members here. Let's tell it like it is in your country.

Japan: Yes, our govt. has admitted that we are even in the worst depression since the 1930's.
So when the govt. says that, what really should we be thinking of?

Do you know if foreigners leave Japan, they can not return.

The world has become an open door prison now.

Stay tune for MIM's June 12th "Street Talk". but in all reality its already in you faces.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
We have and international crowd of forum members here. Let's tell it like it is in your country.

Japan: Yes, our govt. has admitted that we are even in the worst depression since the 1930's.

Stay tune for MIM's June 12th "Street Talk". but in all reality its already in you faces.

So did I miss the great awakening? Did it dissipate into a depression within one day?

What is Street Talk?

Enquiring minds would like to know.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

From the UK's perspective, we have had forced austerity for the past decade to contend with, factor in the implications of Brexit, the damage and cost of this COVID 19 debacle to the nation, and we are in for a recession the likes of which we have yet to witness in all of recorded history.

Won't stop the rich from getting richer whilst the rest of us get bent over the proverbial barrel and made to pay in kind for the next half-century all the same.
edit on 14-6-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Well I'm depressed but alcohol seem to help.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
How could Boeing sell two jets in May if the world was in depression?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Screw the economy.

The Awakening is far more interesting.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

So did I miss the great awakening? Did it dissipate into a depression within one day?

What is Street Talk?

I'll post later, but some of the WORLD EVENTS are : HURT CONFUSION

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

The contract was probably agreed months ago?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

What is Street Talk?

I'll post later, but some of the WORLD EVENTS are : HURT CONFUSION

Yes, please elaborate.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

It's what we may wake up to that's problematic.

We certainly live in very ""interesting"" times.

Then again there are a few other choice adjectives to describe the situation.

Might be best to keep hibernating for a while yet, all this woke crap ain't what it's cracked up to be, unless they are smoking the stuff.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Depression, is an understatement. Most people seem to be using social media not only to cope, but to ignore the reality of the gravity of things. I predict the next chain of events that occur, we will find less ignorance, maybe more silence from the ignorance, but there is no mistake, we are not in Kansas, anymore.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

It's what we may wake up to that's problematic.

We certainly live in very ""interesting"" times.

Then again there are a few other choice adjectives to describe the situation.

Might be best to keep hibernating for a while yet, all this woke crap ain't what it's cracked up to be, unless they are smoking the stuff. [/quote

Woke weed?

Yeah, I definitely need some of that. How much for 10 ounces?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

The problem is the "Yellow Brick Road" has not got any curbs and the majority of people were all asleep at the wheel.

Now they have begun to awaken halfway down the embankment and into the river.

Guess its time to find out who can swim and who cannot because the safety nets are all being removed.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
ATS has been important for me in helping to keep it together.
It is the ONLY social media site where you feel like you are communicating with a majority of intelligent people.
Sure, there are exceptions, however nothing as good as this out there, anywhere.

We will all get through this but make no mistake about how different the world is going to be for a while.
Peace.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I think they are beginning to understand or at least have become victim, to the chaos. Those stupid enough to assist the manifestation will be and are the one now begging for help..

The beggars voices will begin to rise...

Yet the reality they create will become unbroken.

Only the deaf dumb and blind are wondering what’s happening now.
edit on 14-6-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

The chaos was always in the post.

The world being a very imperfect, unfair, untenable, place to exist, for the majority of our respective populations.

I don't imagine protestors destroying racist statues and running pitch battles with what constitutes the remains of the ICF, whilst global pandemics and dangerous pathogens are on the lose, is the correct response all the same.

Need to be deaf, dumb, blind and stupid to be practicing that sport right now imho.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Bingo. The world has always been imbalanced indeed but prior to our current evolved state in existEnce the irony is we managed to balance it. Now we seem to want to keep it imbalanced with the assistance of what it appears to be the universe and time.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The chaos was always in the post.

The world being a very imperfect, unfair, untenable, place to exist, for the majority of our respective populations.

I don't imagine protestors destroying racist statues and running pitch battles with what constitutes the remains of the ICF, whilst global pandemics and dangerous pathogens are on the lose, is the correct response all the same.

Need to be deaf, dumb, blind and stupid to be practicing that sport right now imho.

This is what my "street talk" is leading up to.

I've been very real about "the real life that awaits us" on this forum. Here all Universities are doing online teaching.
This is how severe the virus is.

Do American school children wear mask to school?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

The pandemic my dear friend was the catalyst.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I imagine the mask situation will vary depending on the rules from state to state in the US.

I'm in Scotland so I'm not really sure what's happening other side of the pond.

My kids don't go back till August, but if COVID is still around or another wave makes an appearance, god knows what they will be wearing, I'm thinking full length "The Naked Gun" condoms all round.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join