It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals, call for the Democrat party to be banned

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: face23785

olaru, seriously man, we're having a good time with you here, but if you legit own a gun and you have that load in it, you need to take a safety course bud. It's for your own good and the good of those around you. We love the 2nd Amendment, but we also love responsible ownership.

Sorry, I can't take anyone that supports a draft dodging coward seriously. Insult me all you want. You know where you stand with me boot licker.

Why, so you can call a mod? Everything we've been telling you about this issue has been for your own safety. And we've been having some honest fun with it. Where you stand is in a deep puddle of dishonesty. I'll thank you not to derail my thread any further.

So where do you stand on the actual issue? Will you call for the Democrat party to be banned?

You don't really want my opinion. You just want to try and get stars and flags by parroting right wing BS.
But, I'm not a democrat, and we need more political parties not less. I've been a Libertarian since Gov Gary ran the first time. I worked on his campaign. I won't call for the dembs to be banned.

edit on 14-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

olaru, seriously man, we're having a good time with you here, but if you legit own a gun and you have that load in it, you need to take a safety course bud. It's for your own good and the good of those around you. We love the 2nd Amendment, but we also love responsible ownership.

Sorry, I can't take anyone that supports a draft dodging coward seriously. Insult me all you want. You know where you stand with me boot licker.

Why, so you can call a mod? Everything we've been telling you about this issue has been for your own safety. And we've been having some honest fun with it. Where you stand is in a deep puddle of dishonesty. I'll thank you not to derail my thread any further.

So where do you stand on the actual issue? Will you call for the Democrat party to be banned?

You don't really want my opinion. You just want to try and get stars and flags by parroting right wing BS.
But, I'm not a democrat, and we need more political parties not less. I've been a Libertarian since Gov Gary ran the first time. I worked on his campaign.

So you can't respond to the OP? No surprise. What was your purpose in coming here then? Trolling, derailing? This isn't an accusation, just a question. You straight up just admitted you didn't come into the thread to contribute to it. That only leaves a few other options.
edit on 14 6 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

But, I'm not a democrat, and we need more political parties not less. I've been a Libertarian since Gov Gary ran the first time. I worked on his campaign.

So you can't respond to the OP? No surprise. What was your purpose in coming here then? Trolling, derailing? This isn't an accusation, just a question. You straight up just admitted you didn't come into the thread to contribute to it. That only leaves a few other options.

Check my edit boot licker!!

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

So you don't agree with the leftist mob that things with racist past should be banned? That's fine. I don't either. I was simply observing that the logical extension of such a policy is that you'd have to ban the Democrat party. So far none of our leftists, including the ones who pretend not to be, have been able to find any flaws in that logic.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I know it's the mud pit but, really?

Cut it out.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

So you don't agree with the leftist mob that things with racist past should be banned? That's fine. I don't either. I was simply observing that the logical extension of such a policy is that you'd have to ban the Democrat party. So far none of our leftists, including the ones who pretend not to be, have been able to find any flaws in that logic.

No, I don't think mobs should tear anything down, even racist memorials. They should be painted yellow or orange like trump.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

No, I don't think mobs should tear anything down, even racist memorials. They should be painted yellow or orange like trump.

I really should've known better than to expect adult responses from you. Hopefully someone else comes in that has something serious to contribute. I'm not sure I've ever seen you contribute anything substantive on these boards. Really not sure why you even bother to come here, as it's clearly not for any kind of meaningful discussion. Peace.

edit on 14 6 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Attention!

Note that it indicates name-calling, baiting and activity otherwise labeled as political trolling elsewhere on the site. Not generally hateful, bigoted, mean-spirited or gratuitous personal attacks on fellow members. It's also not exempt from the usual forum expectation of remaining on topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

MUD PIT or not, attacking other members is not allowed.
Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

The problem is that the democrat party consists of intel agencies and media outlets so the outlawing and banning needs to be thorough so that the cockroaches don't just regroup for further assaults.

Honestly I think it would be beneficial for the black community to band together and form a minority party instead of voting Democrat.

They'd never have any success, the left don't care about them if they aren't going to vote Democrat.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

The problem is that the democrat party consists of intel agencies and media outlets so the outlawing and banning needs to be thorough so that the cockroaches don't just regroup for further assaults.

Honestly I think it would be beneficial for the black community to band together and form a minority party instead of voting Democrat.

They'd never have any success, the left don't care about them if they aren't going to vote Democrat.

I agree with the latter half of that, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't have any success. Initially, yes, they'd be screwed in Presidential races. However, their new party could certainly win enough seats in Congress to become a critical voting bloc. That would force both Democrats and Republicans to work with them on key legislative issues. That's a lot better than their current situation, which is Democrats ignoring them for 4 years until they need their votes.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

If we're going to ban political parties for being connected to racisam we would need to ban them all.

And I'm ok with that. Are you?

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
So wait ... you guys are okay with names being changed ... as long as it is against your political enemies?

I see some are as consistent on this issue as any other.

The funny thing (not haha funny) is that the Democratic Party you're all so concerned about (1828-1865) was the champion of States Rights, small government, etc., which are issues that the Republican Party is concerned with today.

Gee, it's almost like folks switched sides or something, ain't it?

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

If we're going to ban political parties for being connected to racisam we would need to ban them all.

I would love to ban political parties, sadly, they are sustained by the First Amendment.

However, if the States could be forced to change the way the parties are currently allowed to dominate the electoral process, that would be great.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Someone didn't read the OP.

What is it with you guys and absolutely refusing to read before you comment?

From the OP:

(And before anyone tries to derail the thread with their whataboutisms, sure ban the Republican party too for wanting "racist" things like school choice, legal immigration, and voter ID. I've long said I despise our two-party system anyway. I'd be perfectly fine with blowing up [figuratively] both major parties right now and starting over from the ground up.)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I would love to ban political parties, sadly, they are sustained by the First Amendment.

However, if the States could be forced to change the way the parties are currently allowed to dominate the electoral process, that would be great.

I actually mostly agree with this. I've long said I wish we could remove party labels, at least, so people would be forced to actually get to know candidates and their stance on issues instead of just voting for a letter next to a name.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

If you're never read President Washington's "Farewell Address" I think you might find it interesting: Washington Farewell Address

One of my favorite sections:

Without looking forward to an extremity of this kind (which nevertheless ought not to be entirely out of sight), the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it.

It serves always to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. It agitates the community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms, kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection. It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which finds a facilitated access to the government itself through the channels of party passions. Thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Today doesn't matter, it's the past that matters.

Of course it's today that matters. What does each party stand for today, in this 2020 election? This is what we have to ask ourselves.

To vote based on any other reason is to vote out of habit or prejudice, which we all fall victim to from time to time.

Can you point to racism in the Democratic party today? If not, your hatred in this instance is blind and unfounded.
edit on 15-6-2020 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesearchfortruth

Today doesn't matter, it's the past that matters.

Of course it's today that matters. What does each party stand for today, in this 2020 election? This is what we have to ask ourselves.

To vote based on any other reason is to vote out of habit or prejudice, which we all fall victim to from time to time.

Can you point to racism in the Democratic party today? If not, your hatred in this instance is blind and unfounded.

This might be interesting if this thread was about who you should vote for in November. Nice attempt to derail.

And yeah, I can point to racism in the Democratic party today. His name is Joe Biden.

Here's a heavily left-wing source if you don't like Business Insider.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join