It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Covid Over-Reaction has to Stop!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

The press is hyperventilating here over cases spiking, but at the same time, our hospitalizations are down 42%. So why should be worry if the cases are increasing if those cases aren't sending people to the hospital? That was the big worry to begin with - that the hospitals would get overwhelmed. But if no one is going to the hospital with it, then clearly, it's not a huge issue that we have a spike when we open up is it?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
You'll soon see if the threat is real, with all these demonstrations without distancing, if it is that infectious we should see a large spike in a week or so.
If not the ALL restrictions should be thrown out of the window.
PS. what is all this BS. about the economy? To the ordinary man in the street it mean zip, nothing, except to the money men who then try to recoup their losses FROM the man in the street.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Unemployment rates matter to the man in the street

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

What do you mean it means nothing to the man in the street?

Businesses and jobs are the economy. Without either, the man in the street has no means of supporting himself and his family either through making a living or spending the fruits of his labors to bring in the goods and services his family needs for survival.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

One of the main pillars of the technocracy is that "experts" present a monolithic, unified front. One that strictly benefits compliant people, organizations, and corporations.

We have seen this conditioning for years, in everything from global warming to covid, and it all tends to come from the same sources and benefit the same groups.

Anyone going outside the monolith is, at best, ignored and not given "mainstream" attention. Most wont believe anything they dont see on things like the local news.

Just trust the "experts" and "authorities" monolithic vision, their corporate "science." They will tell you what you are supposed to believe and how you are supposed to act through approved information channels The Ministry of Truth..
edit on 14-6-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I still have what I thought were smart people, talking to me about the “spike In recent infections” and “hospitals are filling up”.

Good freaking god people — stop watching the MSM!

In case you’re wondering - Yes, I’m an old people hating callous POS!

It is because the MSM writes sensational headlines that are only partially true when taken out of context. They will write spike in cases but neglect to explain the base number was already low. You go from 1 to 2 cases and write a headline that says 100% increase in Covid infections! Technically true but doesn't really put it in context.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Meanwhile in Michigan the governor has let us start returning our cans a week early. The new committee became worried about the pending lawsuits from people having stinky filthy can and bottles and the health issues. But now there is formulas on how many cans a day that can be returned per family and total per month. Both very important to keep the committee working and getting paid. Bigger government and more control thanks to the governess. Business have only been recycling without issues for 40 years.

The recall petition passed 7-0 now to get rid of her.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
You'll soon see if the threat is real, with all these demonstrations without distancing, if it is that infectious we should see a large spike in a week or so.
PS. what is all this BS. about the economy? To the ordinary man in the street it mean zip, nothing, except to the money men who then try to recoup their losses FROM the man in the street.

Tell that to the small business owners who've had their once successful businesses fail due to the lockdowns. Most business owners are not rich corporate conglomerates.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Many of us have said from Day 1 it is an over reaction based on the data that was available.

The closing down of schools, parks, and other places really makes no sense when you look at the demographic data of who is affected the most.

The damage to businesses and society far exceed any lives saved by this shut down. This shut down was literally like telling society they can't drive anymore because some people die in car accidents. Statistically, that is about what happened. Most people understand that driving involves a small risk but it certainly doesn't stop people from doing it responsibly.

Locally, we have pediatricians starting to revolt too as they are seeing how kids are being affected mentally and developmentally from being out of school for so long.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Tell that to the small business owners who've had their once successful businesses fail due to the lockdowns. Most business owners are not rich corporate conglomerates.

One of my friends I went to high school with just filed for bankruptcy, he lost his gym and his two GNC's due to the shutdown and being in New York State. All he worked for his entire life is gone.

But at least he's not dead from something that doesn't make most people dead. He's got that going for him.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think the deeper takeaway is that OSOTC just became Conservative...damn that Covid.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
What's happened in the UK is that the Government and indeed everyone involved, acted too late, so ramped up the fear factor. Now that's coming back to bite them in the bum. People are so scared they don't WANT to leave the house, go to work or go to school etc

Every day its been contradictory advice....wear a mask...don't wear a mask...masks are useless....masks are essential, the virus lives on surfaces for 7 days...no wait thats 3 days...nope sorry meant 3hrs...you can go to work but only if you can't work from home and if you can't work from home then go to work...but don't use public transport...unless you have to...then you must wear a mask...which is useless...but you'll get fined if you don't. All business can re-open provided they put in place social distancing of 2m...no we mean 1m...oh forget it just open will you?

Meanwhile all 3 of my children are now redundant as the hotel & restaurant they worked at is closing down. There are 4m unemployed and zero jobs in the hospitality industry but if they sign on the dole, they've to jump through daily hoops like applying for jobs that have no relevance to their qualifications or experience, staying online on the Job Centre website for 5hrs looking at the 20 jobs they have listed or be sanctioned.

A complete farce from start to finish
edit on 14-6-2020 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Locally, we have pediatricians starting to revolt too as they are seeing how kids are being affected mentally and developmentally from being out of school for so long.

This.

I will be forever grateful that my son's martial arts school has some backbone and they've been offering classes through Zoom when they couldn't be open and opening ASAP and offering in house as soon as the restrictions lifted.

It gives my kiddo at least one normal thing to look forward to when everything else has gone upside down for him this summer.

I can't stress how badly it has affected him to know why he's been out of everything. He spent time convinced he wouldn't see any of his friends or teachers at school because they'd all die. Dealing with that was fun, and I don't know how much worse it all would have been without being able to interact at least some with his regular tae kwon do people too. Then, he would have been stressing over them.

At least now, we're just dealing with the boredom of not having his usual run of camps to go to.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think the deeper takeaway is that OSOTC just became Conservative...damn that Covid.

No...just no

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

He must not be part of the technocratic elite

The rest of us will eventually be in similar positions, if not already. Gotta get rid of those pesky non-compliant smaller businesses. Or the large ones that do not reinforce the monolith.

Dont worry though, after removing private ownership altogether, we all get Free Stuff! Yay! As long as you comply, of course. If you dont.. "community led public safety systems" will have your neighbor narcing on you so they can keep getting food from Approved Businesses, and then theyll send in the non-human enforcement.

Vaccinations seem to be a big, big deal in The Plan. Might wanna watch out for those.. Be prepared to be told you hate #Science and #WantPeopleToDie if you question it.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Sorry to say it, but over here, your opinions on this make you pretty red. Otherwise, you'd still be stuck under your bed shouting like a great big Karen at anyone not wearing their mask.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Eh?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
He must not be part of the technocratic elite

Nope. Just someone who 'did the right thing' all his life. He's honestly one of the most stand up people I know and everything he had is about to be gone.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed

I am interested see what happen with the CHAZ? And how they will ever survive if the don’t social distance?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This.

I will be forever grateful that my son's martial arts school has some backbone and they've been offering classes through Zoom when they couldn't be open and opening ASAP and offering in house as soon as the restrictions lifted.

It gives my kiddo at least one normal thing to look forward to when everything else has gone upside down for him this summer.

I can't stress how badly it has affected him to know why he's been out of everything. He spent time convinced he wouldn't see any of his friends or teachers at school because they'd all die. Dealing with that was fun, and I don't know how much worse it all would have been without being able to interact at least some with his regular tae kwon do people too. Then, he would have been stressing over them.

At least now, we're just dealing with the boredom of not having his usual run of camps to go to.

My school has done a good job offering zoom classes and other things. HOwever, not being able to interact or even really go out and play (parks and playgrounds closed) has really frustrated my 6 and 3 year old.

Fortunately, they will be starting camp soon. At my youngest day care, the kids are wearing masks. I'm like why? I don't think more than 10 kids have died under the age of 6 in the country. WTF?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join