It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truck Drivers Say They Won’t Deliver To Cities with Defunded Police Departments

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Just a few questions if you can answer them, or ignore them.
You just an ordinary family, wife, two young children, so there's no police.
1. What do you do when your young daughter has been raped? Who do you call on. And it's not the ghostbusters.
2.What do you do when your home is raided? Who do you call?
3. What do you do when the local "militiamen" want protection money (whoops I meant insurance money) for your business?
The list goes on because (as you all like to brag) everybody aint a sheep, and everybody aint Rambo.
What did the police do in out of control Chicago in the 1920s when the mobs ruled the roost?

Well one example I hear from Minneapolis is that you have the "Privilege " of say owning a TV and some one who is oppressed by capitalism decides to redistribute the wealth to themselves that is your TV and you and your feelings are hurt about this then you will sit down with a mediator and talk with the person who liberated the wealth of your television try to understand the trauma of why they are oppressed and liberated the wealth that is your TV until the issue is resolved and evryone one is happy..

Ok im being a bit saterical but this is not that far off from the truth..

edit on 14-6-2020 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: crayzeed

A few questions for you.
1) Police didn't stop the rape. What are police doing for you after the fact?
2) Police haven't stopped the home raid. Why are waiting for them for you to do something while you are being raised? What are they going to do after?
3) What do you do now when you are requested to pay up taxes, permits, insurance etc under penalty of fines or jail?

edit on 14-6-2020 by Identified because: Words

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
what guarantee can you give me that no one is going to jack my load without any brand of law enforcement in the area?

The real danger is being beaten like Denny.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Truck drivers know what they're doing and it's very reasonable for them to avoid areas with defund police movements.

While this poll was simply opinion, rather absolute truth and fact, it doesn't change the sentiment that a Truck driving app used primarily by certified truck drivers to poll on truck driving related issues, would overwhelmingly support Police.
So to those dissing the 1,283 polled, consider that entire Presidential polls with ad pull consist of the same number sampled.
I think I'll trust the opinions of drivers in a driving app on the merits of where they choose to drive and if those sentiments echo a majority of agaisnt, it's fair to say their words do carry some weight in the overall context.

While it is a free market, it's also assumed that said business would still be operating in an area with major defund police movements, lets be real, it's synonymous with lawlessness, thus, no money to be made, insurance rates skyrocket, property values plummet, no business, company moves to, lets say Texas, excellent businesses, strong law and order, red 😉

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
What did the police do in out of control Chicago in the 1920s when the mobs ruled the roost?
And it wasn't defund the police.

Nothing, they did absolutely nothing. You know why? They were being paid off.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This will all end badly..

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: drussell41

And ask yourself what were the police doing to stop the situation that Denny drove into?

It took regular citizens to go out and rescue Denny. No cops showed up.
The police left the Korean shopkeepers to defend themselves in that section of town.
Yep. The police totally keep truck drivers safe...

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
They say they won't do it but if the load pays extra $100-200 the load broker will have no issues finding drivers to deliver the load. If you work for a company, you have no choice to take a load dispatched to you, failure to do it, will put you at the bottom of the list for future loads.

SWIFT and Prime won't refuse to deliver loads.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The UK is roughly the size of one of our states. Plenty of companies exist that don't operate in the heavily affected regions, coupled with our long-term driver shortage, finding a suitable job should be no problem for them.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

So you don't want police because they kill people and they don't stop those things from happening.

So are you fine with armed homeowners shooting people who attempt to do those things to them? How is that different from armed cops arresting the people who have done them and possibly having to shoot them if they resist?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
They say they won't do it but if the load pays extra $100-200 the load broker will have no issues finding drivers to deliver the load. If you work for a company, you have no choice to take a load dispatched to you, failure to do it, will put you at the bottom of the list for future loads.

SWIFT and Prime won't refuse to deliver loads.

I don't know that much about the trucking industry. I am assuming by you post that you might know some stuff about it.
Would it be likely that these companies would provide security or allow the drivers to be armed?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have absolutely no problem with armed home owners defending themselves. Why would I?

I have a huge problem with police in the United States having immunity for actions that the citizens they represent and serve would not be permitted to do.

There is a place for immunity but in the US it has gone so far that Police aren't required to protect anyone or do what would be beneficial for the community they serve.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Because they would have been crucified if they'd had to harm anyone in that rescue attempt.

What was the mayor's stance on that riot? Do you remember? (Sorry, I don't.) Ultimately, that's the person that calls the shots in something big like that.
edit on 14-6-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

So no one can bring a man in for justice at all.

Basically, you are saying we cannot have police because they cannot bring people in for justice after the fact. The only allowable justice then would be if the person being directly victimized metes said justice out on their own.

That would create a very interesting world. Does that mean then that if a shop owner, say a halal shop owner, were to catch and subdue a thief in the act, he would be fine to chop the thief's hand off in accordance with old shari'a law?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The big companies will last about a week longer than the independents. After the first couple of trucks or loads are lost and insurance companies will not pay because of where the truck or load was at the time, they will have no choice but to stop service to that area.

Same with DHL, FedEx, UPS. They will not be able to pick up and deliver to those addresses.

Anyone selling on eBay or Amazon will have to move out or stop selling.

Armored car delivery services would sprout up but would be very expensive. Do you want your pizza delivered in a armored car with four armed people keeping it safe until it gets to your door?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: drussell41

Nah! Remember this was LA under Chief Darryl Gates. He wasn't shy about hurting people. He was complacent when the riots started in an area of town that was primarily Korean and black. He spoke at a fundraiser just hours after it started claiming he had it under control. Meantime he wasn't doing anything.

The Mayor declared a State of Emergency and the Gov brought in the Guard.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Nope. I never said that. We don't need police for much of what people think police are for.
We especially don't need police for crime processing and arrests. The fact most Americans think police are the only way people get arrested or charged is proof the police have too much power.

Police don't even do the very few things they are supposedly paid for very well so let's not assign other jobs to them.

Your entire Halal shop scenario is BS, off topic and out of left field. Under what Constitution do you think the US operates where we chop people's hands off for stealing? What does that have to do with Police doing things that they shouldn't?

Police are supposed to be operating under the Constitution and their mandate. Not under what you think is scary and required or might happen in some Halal Shop.
edit on 14-6-2020 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
They are likely to destroy things in their cities while looting and rioting..... say the water works, the sewage plants, the Electrical grid and all the bridges to and from their BLMcity strongholds grocery stores, pharmacies, all the fast food targets and even hospitals along with schools and medical
a reply to: SolAquarius

edit on 14-6-2020 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This is what happens when the mean IQ drops below 70 or so, and involuntary Behavior takes the forefront

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So no one can bring a man in for justice at all.

The slogan is no justice no peace ..what the hell does that even mean its absurd..how do they define justice they don't even know.
I guess this is what the new court system will look like in this brave new world.

Cant wait.

edit on 14-6-2020 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join