It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truck Drivers Say They Won’t Deliver To Cities with Defunded Police Departments

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
originally posted by: namehere

You might want to read up a little on the origins and history of police. It's not quite that simple.

Policing and Oppression Have a Long History

The debate on racism and law enforcement follows a clear line back to the antebellum South.

edit on 14-6-2020 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

I think slow will just lead to apathy and sliding back into the status quo.

It's been 30 years since Rodney King. Slow doesn't work.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified
a reply to: Bluntone22

What makes you think it will be a warzone simply because they defund the police?

So here's the trucker hauling a load of the latest Nike to a mall or outlet located in a chancier part of town ... what guarantee can you give me that no one is going to jack my load without any brand of law enforcement in the area? Why on earth am I going to chance taking that load?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

a reply to: namehere

Tell that to other societies who operate just fine by not having police arrest and/or kill citizens over petty things.

People like me dont understand people like you who think you need a boot on your neck for society to stay in line.

It must be exhausting to be so scared all the time.

What makes you assume that they might not have issues with the police ? I do I have had many bad encounter I personally do not like them or enjoy them some can be out right jack boot thugs..however even with my feeling of mistrust of the police I know all of these propsals are stupid and reforming the police would be the correct way to go about this.

The talking point seems to be pushed is reform dosent work and we need get rid of it entirely . Yes it does america is a nation of reform. And law enforcement should be reformed not abolished or defunded.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

naive worldview you have there, you'll learn the hard way one day and that optimism will only make your suffering worse when you do.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What will stop it is the community who will be really upset they didn't get their Nike order and will then do what societies have done since the beginning of time, and band together to make sure that truck gets through.

Police are not what is stopping it now.

link   
Thats awesome. I mean I get the uprising against police brutality....but these little thuglets have taken it to far....pushing their gimme gimme agenda.

link   
The DNC needs to get behind the defunding the police movement, and move their upcoming convention to Minneapolis.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: Bluntone22

What makes you think it will be a warzone simply because they defund the police?

So here's the trucker hauling a load of the latest Nike to a mall or outlet located in a chancier part of town ... what guarantee can you give me that no one is going to jack my load without any brand of law enforcement in the area? Why on earth am I going to chance taking that load?

Because our company will provide a security expert use to dealing with these type of situations to accompany you into city areas.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

People DO go crazy over shoes... Jordans specifically... Air Jordans that is.

1990 - Kids getting killed over Air Jordans

2015 - Fatal Muggings over Sneaker Hype

2019 - 14 Year Old Shot over Jordans

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Why do you think you need police under the current system?

Do you not think that a society will quickly establish a system when needs arise?
Government has no problem creating departments and throwing money at it when needed. So why not dismantle and build new as needed?

Hypothetical Nike deliver trucks isn't a reason to continue with a tax funded program simply because they existed yesterday.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

indeed i do know exactly how a lot of police are aggressive assholes, being poor is an eye opener even if you're white. but i also know how social programs ruin lives and how much exploitation is an issue, i mean if child protection is involved with human trafficking and orphans are abused in foster homes, how can anyone trust social programs?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
We will see the rise of the road warrior truck drivers like they have in Africa, truckers of fortune going into messed up areas for extra pay.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Why do you think you need police under the current system?

Do you not think that a society will quickly establish a system when needs arise?
Government has no problem creating departments and throwing money at it when needed. So why not dismantle and build new as needed?

Hypothetical Nike deliver trucks isn't a reason to continue with a tax funded program simply because they existed yesterday.

Ok im done you convinced me you win ..

Lets just get rid off all the police your right you have made me see the light.

Good Job Minnapolis I can't wait to see what paradise you will turn that city into. I will want to move there after you get rid of the police because of the paradise you created.

Why was I so wrong about this whole get rid of the police idea.

Thank you..you have made me see the light of reason of your argument

cheers.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

What will stop it is the community who will be really upset they didn't get their Nike order and will then do what societies have done since the beginning of time, and band together to make sure that truck gets through.

Police are not what is stopping it now.

Why? Who do you think is jacking that load in the first place?

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Just a few questions if you can answer them, or ignore them.
You just an ordinary family, wife, two young children, so there's no police.
1. What do you do when your young daughter has been raped? Who do you call on. And it's not the ghostbusters.
2.What do you do when your home is raided? Who do you call?
3. What do you do when the local "militiamen" want protection money (whoops I meant insurance money) for your business?
The list goes on because (as you all like to brag) everybody aint a sheep, and everybody aint Rambo.
What did the police do in out of control Chicago in the 1920s when the mobs ruled the roost?
And it wasn't defund the police.
edit on 14-6-2020 by crayzeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Why do you think I used Nikes?

I recall an incident where an entire truckload of Nikes was jacked.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
i honestly think this whole defund police effort is a foreign plan to weaken America from the inside so it'll be easier to sow chaos and disorder, no police to stop such activities or share info with the feds means a huge security vulnerability.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

There are close to 4,000,000 CDL's in the United States. A thousand saying they wouldn't do something isn't exactly a big concern.

If they don't want the money someone else will.

We'll see what happens. I don't think Truck Drivers who work for a corporation (vs being independent) can NOT go where they are assigned.

There has been a truck driver shortage for the last decade. The drivers could easily find employment with a company that don't ship directly to those locations anyways. Plus they have huge trucker unions that would fight for employees safety if faced with enough pressure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join