It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truck Drivers Say They Won’t Deliver To Cities with Defunded Police Departments

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

No it isn't. That's what you read a few places are proposing. That doesn't mean that's what is going to be.

And Social Workers isn't even what they are talking about. In some ways it makes more sense fiscally for us to stop throwing money at police to arrest drug addicts so we can spend money prosecuting them and then spend money incarcerating them when it would be cheaper to have social program that address the addiction in the first place.

But most places in America the police are nothing but revenue generation and do little in the way of benefiting the society they serve. But they have people scared if their wittle jobs go bye bye then life as everyone knows it will end. That simple isn't true.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: SolAquarius

There are close to 4,000,000 CDL's in the United States. A thousand saying they wouldn't do something isn't exactly a big concern.

If they don't want the money someone else will.

We'll see what happens. I don't think Truck Drivers who work for a corporation (vs being independent) can NOT go where they are assigned.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: namehere

You might want to brush up on the history of police.

I'm astounded you think Police are what lowered the levels of disorder in society.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
We'll see what happens.

Being that I'm certified correct 99.98% with my talent on loan from God I'm telling you that it wont make a difference. The free market will have people taking the money while the panty waists stay home.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Believe what you will.
I on the other hand don’t buy for one second that the police are what’s causing all these issues.

Remove any chance of be punished for committing a crime and the crime rate will undoubtedly skyrocket.
Then wait till all the businesses leave the police absent neighborhoods...lol

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

What makes you think it will be a warzone simply because they defund the police?

I guess im thinking more Minneapolis where my friend lives. The city council just voted a unanimous veto proof majority to ABOLISH the police.
Buisness are already fleeing if they havent already been destroyed financially property value is plumeting.

She works in realestate that is likely going to be tough gig no one is going to want to move there.

The clowns like Lisa Bender that want to do this have lost total touch with reality..gangs will dominate the area.

edit on 14-6-2020 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

human nature often proves sociology wrong all the time, its a young field of science that has much to understand yet.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Remove any chance of be punished for committing a crime and the crime rate will undoubtedly skyrocket.

Police punishing people for crimes is kind of the root of the problem since that isn't their job.

Society punishes people for committing crimes and it punished people long before we had unionized policing in this country.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I never said police were causing all the issues and there lies the problem. It's not an either/or situation.

But we know police aren't the answer is some cases.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

whats your thought ATS?

If they're working for a company then I don't see they have much choice where and what they deliver but if they're self employed owner drivers then the choice is their's although it won't make a difference as other drivers will take the work.

I'm a self employed truck driver in the UK , I can chose the companies I work for but not the loads I deliver.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm thinking we need to insist sociology be taught from grade school through graduation.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I'm thinking we need to insist sociology be taught from grade school through graduation.

Preferably by non-unionized teachers who actually earn their pay and can be terminated for giving our kids a s***** education.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Yes! Oh don't get me started on defunding schools!

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

What makes you think it will be a warzone simply because they defund the police?

We see it out in Seattle once you remove the traditional police that have some structure and accountability you create a power vacuum.

Then you get dudes like RAZ who is armed and calling himself the police and uses mob justice to enforce the new law and extorts the local business. Gone is the system that makes him accountable to anyone especially when the mob is calling to abolish the court as well.

Gone is a legal system of justice that may not be perfect all the time but does work and in its place is mob justice which is downright horrible.

edit on 14-6-2020 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Sorry to tell your friend but many people didn't want to move there before all this. That's my point! What is keeping a police force that is not actually doing much going to accomplish to help that community?

It's time to think outside the box in many communities before it devolves further.

Just because police is what we are used to for the last several decades doesn't mean no police is the end of the world.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Don't know about over there but here most state funded schools are geared to produce worker bees for low paid work so classrooms are filled and funding kept low , I think smaller class sizes equals better teaching.

Teachers have a tough job , I know I couldn't do it.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

people like you don't get it, the system is broken and corrupt all the way to the root, creating some social program won't fix anything, it'll just be used to exploit innocent people after criminal organization infiltrate them. liberal policies have eroded society to the point that any organized effort to affect useful change for the betterment of the people is no longer possible. police and military are the only thing keeping dangerous forces at bay and preventing society from destroying itself, once that's gone America will collapse.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

It's time to think outside the box in many communities before it devolves further.

Just because police is what we are used to for the last several decades doesn't mean no police is the end of the world.

I would agree with this if it was done intelligently gradually and with a long term attempt to reform police and maybe many years latter make them unnecessary.

But that is not what I'm seeing here this is being done hastily and without a plan more of wishful thinking in a moment of national crises I do not see any good outcomes of pursuing the current objective....except disaster.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The system that makes him have accountability isn't gone at all. That system is called society and clearly society is tolerating whatever crazy is going on in ChAZ for now. We will see how long that lasts. The average town without police are not CHAZ.

What system do you think Police operate under anyway?

It's society who decides what police should focus on and if society decides they want police to focus on something else to the point police aren't really necessary then that is the system. Police aren't a constitutional right.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Tell that to other societies who operate just fine by not having police arrest and/or kill citizens over petty things.

People like me dont understand people like you who think you need a boot on your neck for society to stay in line.

It must be exhausting to be so scared all the time.

edit on 14-6-2020 by Identified because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join