It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truck Drivers Say They Won’t Deliver To Cities with Defunded Police Departments

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It also included them getting murdered by the government's representatives assigned to enforce the law. Sound familiar?

It does. Are we starting the revolution now?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Never go full Mexico....

The average US homicide rate is 5 per 100,000.

Mexican border towns, famous for having “compromised” police, like Tijuana and Juarez, have murder rates above 100 per 100,000.

Just so everybody understands, we’re betting all our money on this next hand...

edit on 15-6-2020 by Graysen because: All the marbles

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
It does. Are we starting the revolution now?

Of some sorts it would appear. People are tired of the status quo.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I get up the next morning and live, just like I've always done when my vote wasn't the majority.

What do you do?

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Don't assume my level of realization, education or knowledge.

I assumed nothing. You stated.

Don't assume my level of realization, education or knowledge.

Now you are assuming. That was not what I said. I do not believe this "abolish the police" thing is a parallel to the American Revolution. If it parallels anything it is the French Revolution and the War of Northern Aggression, and those only in part and only because it is tied to a much larger political movement.

Yes there are bad people. Did you read the link? It stated 3-5% of people commit 50% of crimes. Clearly there is a problem with the system when that few people are permitted to commit all those crimes and yet we have all these police take all this money and violating all these rights to not do much.

Hmmm... you have a point. How about we put those 3-5% of people in jail so they can't commit any more crimes?

Oh, wait, we tried that. It's cruel. We have to keep arresting them, letting them go, arresting them, letting them go, arresting them, letting them go, arresting them, shooting them when they get tired of the game and try to kill the people who are trying to arrest them again, and then blaming the ones who were forced to shoot them.

We need change!... oh, wait, that was change...

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I live 25 miles from Detroit...

Been there. Fix your roads pothole factories.

No, you're not rural. You're in the middle of a cesspool. My mistake.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

So you didn't read the link then? Because had you read it and comprehended it then you wouldn't have wasted all our time on that last paragraph you just wrote.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Well, none of this is actually being voted on. City councils are making these decisions according to their own longstanding agenda under the auspices of appeasing the mob.

They are abusing the ideals of folks such as yourself as a means to an end. These things always get hijacked. Always. Its a hard lesson to learn.

Its also not a discussion of preferring stagnation over fear of change, thats just the inculcated narrative.

I am of the opinion that rioting and protests, in this day and age, are largely actions of ignorance and ease. It takes a lot of effort, patience, and outright cleverness to actually precipitate beneficial change. Its a different "game" than it was even 30 years ago.

What these corporations and politicians (their extensive support should send up warning flags..) are actually moving towards is a vast network of community narcs that will call in the non-human enforcement for anyone(s) perceived to be non-compliant.

This began to be set up in earnest earlier in the year with things like contact tracing organizations, AI police, and robot enforcement. Many will chalk it up as "scifi nonsense," despite it literally happening. That is.. if they even make the connection in the first place.

The protestors & rioters are being played.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Is BLM going to make cities de-fund their crime-scene investigation units? Those are cops, too...

If you are a defense attorney, the fastest way to get your client acquitted is to attack the prosecutor’s evidence. And the fastest way to attack it is by making them prove “chain-of-custody.” This means, a sworn officer of the court guarded the evidence, so it cannot have been tampered with.

CSI uses uniformed officers for that.

So, with no cops, how are you going to guard the integrity of crime investigations?

Because every serial killer and every arsonist is going to go to the crime scene, and destroy evidence and maybe threaten your investigators,

TV reporters will have a field day, traipsing into crime scenes and “collecting their own evidence” to show on the nightly news.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Well, none of this is actually being voted on.

This is what happens when apathy sets in. Citizens have allowed govt to do things completely unchecked and without a vote or ramifications for decades and only wake up when things get bad.

And you wonder why people want to dismantle some of these institutions?
You are so far gone that working within them isn't even being permitted.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: face23785
Considering you've had several truckers come in here and correct you, maybe you should tone down the arrogance? Especially when it's unjustified, as in this case.

Correct me about what? Nothing has happened. Zip. It's all hand wringing speculation at this point. Kind of like the biker nothing burger.

There's these for one:

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Echo007

Actually, they will. When the rioting was at its worst, messages were being sent to drivers in a lot of companies that if there was any risk enroute, send a message and reroute and they'll deal with the customer. If the delivery area was anywhere near where riots were actively going on, the trailer would be dropped at a drop yard and delivery rescheduled. So if it gets bad, they will stop delivering to areas where drivers could be killed or loads hijacked.

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: carewemust

There are many companies refusing to deliver to places where active rioting is going on. They're making arrangements to drop the load in the closest drop yard, where it will wait until things are safe for their drivers.

They weren't specifically directed at you, but they sure do debunk your sophomoric theory that because you aren't aware of something, it's not happening. Now you get to split hairs and whine that those aren't places where the police have been "defunded." They are places where the police have had their hands tied behind their back by liberal mayors though. If you can't see how that would extend to defunded areas, you have an extraordinarily poor imagination.

So can you be an adult and admit you waded into a subject you weren't that knowledgeable on? I've done it. I realize your ego might take a bit of a hit, but I promise it'll be okay.
edit on 15 6 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Dismantling isn't the same as taking an interest in it though.

It's easy to destroy something, and far, far harder to actually build something worthwhile to take it's place.

I'll refer you to the CHAZ for an example. So they tore down the existing power structures in their little revolt, but where are they? Are they actually autonomous? Do they have any kind of working plan for what they do after the reovlution?

Hell nah! They have squat.

What I saw are mobs taking over the protest and destroying entire neighborhoods - neighborhoods, I might add, populated and worked by the very people they claim they are seeking justice for. They destroyed those neighborhoods and those people are left with nothing now - no economy at all, but it did bring about change! I'm sure everyone is all pleased with that too.

And now they want to break more stuff, but they have no articulate and viable plans for any kind of replacement for what they broke. But you are following right along with it all.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

It seems easy to state one would accept the results.. When one never actually intends or desires a vote take place, eh?

Ill give you two bits of advice here. Whether or not you take heed is up to you:

These things are always hijacked. You are being played by the very forces you think you are fighting against.

When Karens are spooging their support for your cause all over social media with everything from black squares to the book "White Fragility," its a warning sign. Beware the Karens.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

In my experience lately, people only call for a vote when they think the vote will go their way, and when it doesn't, all of a sudden they system of the vote was illegitimate or rigged.

You noticed that too? I thought it was just me.

It's sort of like people who call for the abolition of the police, except when they need them to stop the guy who is breaking down the front door... then why are the police taking so damn long?!?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Identified
a reply to: Bluntone22

What makes you think it will be a warzone simply because they defund the police?

This makes me chuckle a little.

When there is no police, no laws enforced, what do you think will happen?

In my opinion it will turn into a warzone, but please explain your view on that?

Regards,

T

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

The hand wringing isn't about riots, it's about municipalities that 'defund the police'. It's in the title of the thread, try paying attention.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

It's easy to destroy something, and far, far harder to actually build something worthwhile to take it's place. 

I can not disagree more! Especially when it comes to govt bloat.
We have several SCOTUS rulings that allow police to not only not do their job but to also do it badly and unconstitutionally. How are we supposed to work that out when simply calling them police and putting them in uniform (another SCOTUS ruling) gives them powers that can not be taken away without another SCOTUS ruling?

Easier to just dismantle and rebuild something under a different set of standards and mandate without the baggage from the last.

We supposedly hire/votehin city leaders who are supposed to come up with a viable and articulate plan and we know that govt has absolutely no problem building things quickly if it suits them.

If these city leaders aren't getting it done then remove them. Elections have consequences and this is nothing more than a consequence of some very bad election results over many many years.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
What you wrote there about non-human enforcement struck a cord.

Imagine most of the human police force is reduced and instead they send out drones or these robotic dogs. For the first years I guess there would still be a human doing the conversation, remotely.

But then, when these intelligent programs become better, you will have to argue with a bot about pure logic. Something a lot of these rioters seem to lack.

I feel they might get what they want sooner or later, one way or the other, just not thinking about what can be done to help the situation, the most important thing seems to be, that the police is gone.

How many of these protesters also are against gun freedom and do they realize that if both is gone, criminals can reign?

The episode "Metalhead" from the Black Mirror series is a small outlook into the future.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

But it is about the riots. They're a good example of why no one wants to defund the police.

This time the police were held back, not simply not there.

The platform for removing cops would be a lot stronger had the protests remained peaceful.

As it is, I'm still waiting for any of the wider defund jokers to put a real plan in front of me beyond yanking funds. You can tell me what you want all day about it, but I need to see the plan from the people in charge who are doing it. So far, we have Minneapolis where they're abolishing their force entirely which sends a powerful message that defund stands for no cops in certain circles.

And they don't even know what that model is.

So Minneapolis is getting Obamacare policing.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

No doubt various factions are taking advantage to get what they want. What makes you think old school police reformists aren't also using this? It's the closest we have gotten to any change. Now the fight is going to be wrestling it from govt who is also jockeying for continued power under a new name.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join