It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Careful....Police could go on a national strike.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Truth. I actually had a poster arguing with me yesterday that, in the middle of a life or death altercation, cops should be considering the political ramifications of their actions. Someone actually said that to me, and was 100% serious about it.

You know, now that this is a political nightmare, if a black man is running and is not guilty of a major crime such as murder, rape, armed robbery they should just let them run, why risk anything more of themselves in this climate.
If they know where they live, send private bounty hunters after them to take all the risk, interesting that we don't hear in the news about bounty hunters abusing black men but I am sure they catch plenty of them in the coarse of their job.
Perhaps policing should make use of more bounty hunters, less liability. And instead of an entire police force of one city being attacked, the individual would be instead.

Another possible solution is a land version of the old privateer system with a letter of marquee for private people and groups to look after things. If they violate the law they could be easily be disbanded/fired and another group operating in the area pick up the slack.

Imagine a police force that operated independently like "skip the dishes", a call for domestic abuse comes in, now about 20 active operatives via to take the call perhaps the closest one. If they mess up they are fired, but their is still 19 other good ones working in that area that can take the next call.
edit on 15-6-2020 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
A liberals dream come true. No police. guns illegal.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

You made a very general statement about people being more afraid of the cops than the thugs. That's not true. SOME people are, I'm not, don't presume to speak for everyone. Further, I would say, if you are afraid of them, then that's saying more about you than the people in that profession.
Also, if they did decide to strike or whatever, it's not to make things harder on people. It would be to make a point that they can't properly do their jobs when they are being attacked left and right, and even being immediately fired for trying to get a situation under control, even when they are in danger. So many of these incidents are not police brutality as so many are trying to present them.
So in your mind, cops should lay down and let a situation get worse. Got it.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ellie Sagan
a reply to: Boadicea

You made a very general statement about people being more afraid of the cops than the thugs. That's not true. SOME people are...

So you do know that it is in fact and in deed TRUE that people are more afraid of cops than thugs... now you're just quibbling about numbers.

I'm not, don't presume to speak for everyone.

And yet you flat out stated that it is "NOT TRUE"... so please don't pretend you aren't presuming to speak for everyone. You just did.

Further, I would say, if you are afraid of them, then that's saying more about you than the people in that profession.

Really? Okay. But you don't have to wonder or guess. I'm quite happy to state my opinion, my fears, and I have done so. Many times. I'm afraid of bad cops with itchy trigger fingers that will shoot first and ask questions later because they're convinced that I am a threat to their life, although I am not and never ever will be.... and they know that thanks to Tennessee vs Garner, that they just have to cry "but I was skeered he/she might kill me!" and they get a free pass to kill someone in cold blood, while hiding behind a badge and a gun. On the other hand, my town's police are freaking awesome, and I have nothing but respect and appreciation for them.

Also, if they did decide to strike or whatever, it's not to make things harder on people. It would be to make a point that they can't properly do their jobs when they are being attacked left and right, and even being immediately fired for trying to get a situation under control, even when they are in danger. So many of these incidents are not police brutality as so many are trying to present them.

Tomatoes tomawtoes. You can defend what you want to defend, obviously. I can defend what I choose to defend, and to condemn what I choose to condemn. And I will continue to condemn any and all unnecessary loss of life at the hands of police.

So in your mind, cops should lay down and let a situation get worse. Got it.

Nope. You ain't got it. But I understand that you can only judge me (and anyone) by your own standards...

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
You folks do realize that police forces weren't a thing at all until the later half of the 19th century, right?

In fact, most of the parts of government we "can't live without" we've only had the last 100 years.

The more you know.

Go right back to the citizens posse and just string 'em up....

Same damn thing

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Took his taser and was running away. What could possibly go wrong?

Last year in my city an officer was killed because he didn't shoot a kid that was holding a large rock and was going to run away. Instead, the kid struck him with the rock which left the officer incapacitated. That kid, who was running away, then relieved the officer of his service weapon and discharged it 10 times into the officers face. That same kid did run away and finally shot and killed an innocent elderly woman as well. I hope the police do go on a national strike and I hope the people that are actively demonizing all police as bad guys suffer the consequences of that strike. What an epic "I told you so" moment that would be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join