It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida SWAT Unit Resigns Due to Leadership Siding With Anti-Police Radicals.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Sunday June 14, 2020

Imagine what it must be like being a law-enforcement officer in an urban environment. Thousands of bad people in your city want to physically hurt you in some manner, or have you moved out of their way.

Then imagine that the bosses who pay your salary, provide your training, and support your decisions, suddenly abandon you, and join forces with radical crazies who want police officers like yourself fired.

Tragically, that is exactly what's happening in a growing number of cities across the country this Summer. As a result, an increasing number of police officers are not accepting the increased danger that comes with the loss of support from department leadership, and/or city and state officials.

For example, every member of a South Florida SWAT called it quits, this weekend:

Every SWAT member resigns from team in Florida over safety concerns and ‘police chief taking a knee’

Police officers across the country are getting tired of their leaders playing political games, while they are out on the street putting their lives at risk for increasingly hostile communities.

In Hallandale Beach, Florida, located between Fort Lauderdale and Miami, the entire SWAT team of the department resigned en masse Friday, the South Florida Sun Sentinel reported.
More at: www.lawenforcementtoday.com...

In some cities, police officers are not quitting. Instead, they are choosing to NOT put their life on the line, or risk being "sued" due to the lack of support from top brass in the police department, and/or city and state elected officials.

In Chicago for example, rather than risk their lives stopping the violence (riots and looting) last week, many officers in a particularly dangerous neighborhood, broke into a Congressman's office and hid there until the rioting subsided.

Ref: www.nbcchicago.com...

Law enforcement officers are not dumb or foolish, and will not allow themselves to be treated as if they are. Anything less than 100% support from those in the chain of command above them is not acceptable.

-CareWeMust
edit on 6/14/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Good for them ! Democrat leaders and even some republicans just throwing the police under the bus with either silence or direct blame. These people put their lives on the line. Millions of interactions a year with the public and the very tiny fraction of bad interactions the left loves to focus on .. Backwards world

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I would think in this climate especially in democratic run cities people would think twice before becoming a police officer.

There are some very bad drugged up people who have no qualms about committing a serious crime and if you as an officer protecting yourself no telling what might happen to you once the politically correct talking heads/local government get finished with you... It is a bad situation but the cops are not totally blameless for all the heat and attention being leveled at them for past deeds.

I do not blame any cop for saying "I am out of here" as IMO that might be the smart decision in some precincts.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: seedofchucky

Excellent post, SeedofChucky. What's most out-of-whack to me is that the communities who need police presence the most, are the ones who want police presence removed.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
One of my sons is a senior in college, majoring in LAW ENFORCEMENT. Thankfully, he had already decided to not seek a job in a large city. I'm encouraging him to attend the FBI Training Academy.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
One of my sons is a senior in college, majoring in LAW ENFORCEMENT. Thankfully, he had already decided to not seek a job in a large city. I'm encouraging him to attend the FBI Training Academy.

I wish him luck and success.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

I wish him luck and success.

Thankyou. The odds for Luck and Success are better if President Trump is re-elected.

edit on 6/14/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 04:14 AM
link   
tragically...yet none ever resign after each accidental oops wrong house killing...

where's the empathy then when it comes to dead counts..

they're angry 'accidental' break-ins and killings are off the policy.

they'd rather resign instead of doing better or outline a plan because they recognize the need to do better... true heroes...spare the excuses and the mea culpa.

they all have jobs waiting for them somewhere in the south or Midwest. because accountability and patriotism are mutually exclusive

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
tragically...yet none ever resign after each accidental oops wrong house killing...

where's the empathy then when it comes to dead counts..

they're angry 'accidental' break-ins and killings are off the policy.

they'd rather resign instead of doing better or outline a plan because they recognize the need to do better... true heroes...spare the excuses and the mea culpa.

they all have jobs waiting for them somewhere in the south or Midwest. because accountability and patriotism are mutually exclusive

Maybe you didn't intend it but it reads like you blame them for bad things other cops did.

Kinda like how some people say more muslims need to condemn terrorists or they are complicit.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I feel bad for the one to three percent of cops who aren't total jackboot thug douchebags...

Sorry, it's probably more- but I've never met one because the only exposure to cops I've ever had is from officer quota, screwing up my life so their name doesn't come up in the next meeting.

Just another middle age, straight, white, employed American... And I've never once had an experience with an officer that improved my day.
Sorry team, you're wasting my money.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Hmmmm.... perhaps some context is in order?

The specific death being protested was Howard Bowe, who was killed in an illegal no-knock pre-dawn raid conducted by this SWAT Team:

SWAT teams are required by law to "knock and announce" their presence before entering a suspect's home. One of Bowe's neighbors, Arvis Samuel, 41, claimed the SWAT team burst through Bowe's back door without introducing themselves.

"HBPD SWAT member, Detective Distefano, has stated under oath that he was the officer responsible for announcing the presence of police prior to breaking down the door and that he did not announce the presence of the officers and did not hear anyone else announce or give any commands to Howard Bowe Jr. before he was shot," the family's complaint says.

A grand jury declined to indict the officer(s) involved. So the family filed a lawsuit (subsequently settled for $425,000), claiming wrongful death:

The family's complaint says that Hallandale Officer Michael McKenzie, who shot Bowe, "knew or should have known, and every reasonable officer in his position would have concluded, that there was no reason to shoot Howard Bowe Jr. who was standing in his own home, in his underwear, unarmed and with both hands clearly visible."

Family of Howard Bowe, Unarmed Man Killed by Hallandale SWAT Team, Files Wrongful-Death Suit
And now the cowardly bullies hiding behind badges and guns are crying because they don't feel safe or protected? Hrmph.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
edit on 14-6-2020 by Boadicea because: spelling

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I think my favorite part here is that we now have a team of folks who supposedly upheld the law... And are suddenly without income.
You have to figure they all know eachother as more than coworkers- and unless the state was paying them all absurd amounts of money they're now all broke.

What does a band of brothers with a shared history of breaking and entering (plus murder without consequence) do when money gets tight?
What do they do when they know full well the local cops won't stop them, because they ARE the local cops?

What a mess.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   

This will get worse before it gets better.
Police have no support so they quit, Businesses have no protection so they leave those cities, Truck drivers are now refusing to deliver to cities with no police force to ensure their safety.
People are now buying out guns and ammo from FFL Dealers for home and self protection, Is this the end of the gun control movement?
Not just in Florida, but I digress.
Result: These cities have no jobs, nor goods and services, ie.. Food. The people leave as some already are from New York, taking the Tax base with them, then these cities collapse.
As they are "mostly" Democrat controlled cities, the people disperse out to Conservative areas and "Hopefully" learn that certain liberal policies simply do not work.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I am usually very critical of Police. I believe there are huge problems with how many areas are policed. Blanket actions like this are just not the way.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Thankyou. The odds for Luck and Success are better if President Trump is re-elected.

Sounds like you have a lot of faith in your sons own capabilities

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedmoonMWC

This will get worse before it gets better.
Police have no support so they quit, Businesses have no protection so they leave those cities, Truck drivers are now refusing to deliver to cities with no police force to ensure their safety.
People are now buying out guns and ammo from FFL Dealers for home and self protection, Is this the end of the gun control movement?
Not just in Florida, but I digress.
Result: These cities have no jobs, nor goods and services, ie.. Food. The people leave as some already are from New York, taking the Tax base with them, then these cities collapse.
As they are "mostly" Democrat controlled cities, the people disperse out to Conservative areas and "Hopefully" learn that certain liberal policies simply do not work.

They move , then wash rinse repeat.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: seedofchucky

Our nation is founded on individual rights. Your apologist stance is wholly irrelevant, as that small proportion of abusive cops is an injustice that their individual victims had to tolerate. Meanwhile, all the good cops stand around seeing this abuse and say/do nothing.

You cannot be a hero if you are afraid to even speak up.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I noticed they didn't actually quit their jobs. Real bold move.

Quit f***tards, save everyone some money.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

So rather than blame the procedure itself which has the potential to go horribly wrong, but was legal and thus part of their job.

You blame them?

Why not rail against the idea of a no-knock warrant which is the real killer here.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Then imagine that the bosses who pay your salary, provide your training, and support your decisions, suddenly abandon you, and join forces with radicals

We don't have to imagine ....

Apple moves production to China

top topics

<<   2 >>

join