It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UC Berkeley History Professor’s Open Letter Against BLM, Police Brutality And Cultural Orthodoxy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Just came across this letter that was allegedly written by a UC Berkeley history professor which was anonymously shared among his/her colleagues.

While I can't say for certain whoever wrote it is indeed a UC Berkeley history professor, I can say whoever did write it is clearly very well educated on the matter and it does seem legit to me. Well worth a read in anycase!

I am one of your colleagues at the University of California, Berkeley. I have met you both personally but do not know you closely, and am contacting you anonymously, with apologies. I am worried that writing this email publicly might lead to me losing my job, and likely all future jobs in my field.

Read the full letter below:
outline.com...

UC Berkeley History has made an official (lame ass) response in regards to the letter on Twitter:

An anonymous letter has been circulating, purportedly written by a @UCBHistory professor. We have no evidence that this letter was written by a History faculty member. We condemn this letter: it goes against our values as a department and our commitment to equity and inclusion.

@UCBHistory
edit on 13/6/20 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Fantastic read, really lays out what is going on and why it is so messed up.
Do yourself a favor and really hear what he has to say.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Most troublingly, our department appears to have been entirely captured by the interests of the Democratic National Convention, and the Democratic Party more broadly. To explain what I mean, consider what happens if you choose to donate to Black Lives Matter, an organization UCB History has explicitly promoted in its recent mailers. All donations to the official BLM website are immediately redirected to ActBlue Charities, an organization primarily concerned with bankrolling election campaigns for Democrat candidates. Donating to BLM today is to indirectly donate to Joe Biden’s 2020 campaign. This is grotesque given the fact that the American cities with the worst rates of black-on-black violence and police-on-black violence are overwhelmingly Democrat-run. Minneapolis itself has been entirely in the hands of Democrats for over five decades; the ‘systemic racism’ there was built by successive Democrat administrations.

Truer words are seldom spoken

From your link
Goth.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
That is a very powerful read.

There is fear and concern in speaking up against this destructive corporate-political narrative.

But, the long term consequences of not doing so may very well be dire. Not just for a single skin color, or even a single nation.. But the world as a whole.

The global aspirations of the technocracy are extensive and already pervasive. "Experts" in an immense amount of fields have been turned into a monolith that always conveniently benefits all of the same people, organizations, and corporations.

Professor or not, I believe their concern would be legitimate and people like that speaking up has never been more important.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Oh boy, that professor better watch their back. That university will do their damnedest to find out who authored that and roast them.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Well, He is gone.

They will not tolerate dissension in the leftest ranks. If your opinion is not their opinion, you are done.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

HOT iron(y) here, as the author of this well written letter is also of color

It shouldn’t affect the strength of my argument above, but for the record, I write as a person of color.

So they can not just fire him, they have to come up with some BS reason after they hunted the author down, to get rid of such nasty free thinking people.

top topics

join