It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Make a List!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Why bother?
Give them everything they want and they still won't be happy.

yea those animals.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Why bother?
Give them everything they want and they still won't be happy.

yea those animals.

Your words...

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
While I applaud your effort here, the truth is that is Seattle at least, that the message that is needed isn't the message that's being pushed. The message that's being push is the message of City Council woman Sawant. She's directing the narrative behind the CHAZ, and the people that had a real message with their protests are quickly becoming nothing more than a gateway drug for these current usurpers.

Even then it would seem that everything that that protesters wanted was already being implemented through the laws that are in place. My only guess would be that they wanted the laws to be enforced equally. Though from what I also get is that it should be equal unless it's used against them.

A couple of weeks ago I though this whole mess was because black people wanted a voice, but my friend, who's black, told me that black people already have a voice. Same as everybody else, all these kids want to talk crap without being called out on it. His kid is currently over inside the CHAZ, and has asked him to come and get him due to some racist that's taunting the blacks there. We might go tomorrow to pick him up, his dad told him to just leave if he didn't like it, but his kids afraid that he'll get arrested if he does. I'll know more about that later, but probably won't say anything on here for obvious reasons.

Oh yeah, the point is I don't think anybody had any real set of goals, but now that they have a platform they don't have a unified voice either. This whole thing smells very Obamaisc in that a group of people were told they were disenfranchised, then handed a platform to talk, and then the people empowering the so-called disenfranchised leaves the room without instructions. Obama was great at that wasn't he. Now it's up to everyone else to pick up the mess typical Trotskyist.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Bluntone22

Why bother? Well, because it matters doesn't it? I mean, we don't want folks taking over portions of cities all the time do we?

ETA - Rather than talk about it, I'm trying to do something about it...however small.

If we can get a comprehensive list, maybe we can better evaluate it and see what's reasonable.

For some reason everyone wants to place all the blame on white people but black people never want to take any personal responsibility.
Let me know when that changes.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Doesn't this sort of thing happen (to varying degrees) in the summer of every Presidential election year?...Almost like it's planned?

That should a major clue to tell you what the people in charge REALLY want.

Here's a little help: P_W_R.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I'm not going to speak for black folks as I'm not black.

I will say one thing that really bothers me is the constant harassment.
You know I'm of Asian heritage but I'm American. I really consider myself as American as anyone else.

I can't tell you how many times I've been in public and have been harassed just because how I look.
I've been told to go back to China (I'm not Chinese)
Go back to Mexico (I'm not Mexican)
That I'm a Corona
That I'm a Chink
That I'm not American - this one bothers me the most.

All these things are not me. I have been called all these things while minding my own damn business. Seriously, just going grocery shopping, going to the gas station. Going to the hardware store. People feel so em-brazened to just pick on others because of how they look or pre-conceived notions about them.
I can honestly believe that black people are getting the same kind of racist treatment and it's probably a lot worse than what I've experiencing.

I am an incredibly strong person with a strong personality. I fight back. The thing is, not everyone is like me. They shouldn't have to fight back while getting an gallon of milk from the store.

I will never forget the first time my husband saw me getting harassed. It was as if he could not even believe it. I think some people are experiencing this now with so many cameras everywhere. It was hard for people to believe that you can be treated that way for doing absolutely nothing. That people will just be so hateful, so ugly, so ignorant to come up to a stranger and pick on them.

I don't know if riots and protests are the answer. I know something has to give, because living like this can't go on.
It's not right. If people are uncomfortable, tough. A lot of people have been putting up with this crap for way way too long.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
You seem to be looking for something that does not exist. The people who are most involved are not thinking they are just doing and I don't see them actually having demands. They are not unlike city gang members.
In the future the People who are controlling all of this will probably come forward with demands simply to continue it.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
Does it include justice for other People who feel oppressed? Because, I am feeling it.

Hard to be " Oppressed " in America today when EVERY Man , Woman , and Child If so Desired and Motivated , Can Eat A Meal that Will Sustain them until the Next Day . Look at the Rest of the World . Hungry Bellies Everywhere , and not even a Blade of Grass to Gnaw on for Some . Yeah Count Your Blessings Fools ...........

Agreed but the cloud of lies and the forceful moving forward of the controllers agenda is oppressive.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
*sigh^...so what should I do?

If the protesters can not define their demands fully, then how can anyone possibly comply with them??

So there is no answer then??

Wow...enjoy the weather, I guess.

See you next spring!

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (Resolution 217 A (III) of 10.12.1948) by the United Nations

Article 1 (Freedom, equality, solidarity)
All people are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should meet each other in a spirit of solidarity.

Article 2 (Prohibition of discrimination)
Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.

Article 3 (Right to life and liberty)
Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

Article 9 (Protection against arrest and expulsion)
No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.

www.un.org...

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

*sigh^...so what should I do?

If the protesters can not define their demands fully, then how can anyone possibly comply with them??

So there is no answer then??

Wow...enjoy the weather, I guess.

See you next spring!

I've had tried for years to understand and nothing ever comes of it.
All you can do is control yourself and how you raise your kids.
After that, it's on them.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

UN might rule you, but it doesn't rule me, or anyone I know.

I reject the UN..entirely!

so they can STUFF it!

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

So I would hope by now you know I am not racist and see no color, right.

Yet, I am white (a mix of mutt), but from the old country none the less.

So...should I just say forget it? Just let it go?

One day in HS I dated an absolutely wonderful Korean gal. She was smart and awesome. Anyone who ever gave her crap got tackled and pounded on (by me). But, it didn't happen often. I really liked that girl, but she had some other vision...to meet and marry another Korean man. She was heavily influenced by her parents. I was not welcome.

So...where is the racism?

edit on 6/13/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

The people who harass you are morons. No one deserves that.

If you don't mind me asking, whereabouts do you live? Obviously I don't need exact details. I mean what state, and do you live in an urban or rural area? If you don't feel like sharing that on here, of course, that's cool.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Okay...I guess this was a fruitless idea.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks for playing.

I don't want to fight, and certainly not with people I usually agree with!!

Nevermind.

Thread = DEAD
edit on 6/13/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

If you don't mind me asking, whereabouts do you live?

I live in the Midwest, but I have lived in many different states and countries.

The people who harass you are morons. No one deserves that.

That's what I don't think people get. I've experienced it enough to be very annoyed, just imagine for some people this is a day in day out thing. I know it happens. I've seen it with my own eyes. After so long people crack.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I really liked that girl, but she had some other vision...to meet and marry another Korean man. She was heavily influenced by her parents. I was not welcome.

So...where is the racism?

Hey I'll be the first to say that Asian can be racist. (any race can) They really don't like people to marry outside of their race.
I don't agree with it.

But, it didn't happen often

I've talked to friends and it happens enough. Maybe your friend was lucky, maybe she didn't tell you all the times it happened. The weird thing is that I'm finding as a middle aged adult it is sure happening a lot more, which boggles my mind. Like an every other week type of occurrence.

If you want a list of what people want.
I would start off with the golden rule, Treat others as you would like to be treated.
I think it is so simple, yet so hard for some many.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I get half-hearted bows that are given to mixed from those here on a student visa or even work visa. A slight acknowledgement as a “just in case” sorta deal. Except I have zero Asian background unless you want to go back to the land bridge theory...

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I write this post as an honest and objective effort to compile a list of things which today's protester's want. So, for example, we know they want racial equality for African Americans in the wake of Floyd's death. Okay, but what exactly doe this mean? They want police departments to be dissolved. Okay, but again, what exactly does this mean? So rather than dissect each one of those right now, let's just make a list of all the demands...every one of them. I'll start...

- Justice for George Floyd's death (death sentence, what?)
- Racial equality and equal treatment by law enforcement (what does this mean, expand)
- Dissolution of law enforcement (again, what does this mean...no law enforcement at all?)
- Release of prisoners due to drug and alcohol crimes (define this. Does vehicular manslaughter count? What about tainted drug dealers?, etc. Define the line).

These are just a few broad brush ones which require further definition.

What else? Please help compile a list. If it's so important, then it should be worthwhile to take the time to compile a list. So let's do it...

Your responses are appreciated!

Yuh left out, Racial equity.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

nypost.com... utm_source=flipboard

White couple calls cops on Black man for stenciling ‘Black Lives Matter’ on own property

Here is a PERFECT example, as if we didn't have thousands already.
This guy on his OWN property is making a little sign in chalk.
Why can't people mind their own business?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join