It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Make a List!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I write this post as an honest and objective effort to compile a list of things which today's protester's want. So, for example, we know they want racial equality for African Americans in the wake of Floyd's death. Okay, but what exactly doe this mean? They want police departments to be dissolved. Okay, but again, what exactly does this mean? So rather than dissect each one of those right now, let's just make a list of all the demands...every one of them. I'll start...

- Justice for George Floyd's death (death sentence, what?)
- Racial equality and equal treatment by law enforcement (what does this mean, expand)
- Dissolution of law enforcement (again, what does this mean...no law enforcement at all?)
- Release of prisoners due to drug and alcohol crimes (define this. Does vehicular manslaughter count? What about tainted drug dealers?, etc. Define the line).

These are just a few broad brush ones which require further definition.

What else? Please help compile a list. If it's so important, then it should be worthwhile to take the time to compile a list. So let's do it...

Your responses are appreciated!

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Does it include justice for other People who feel oppressed? Because, I am feeling it.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I don't know, that's why I am honestly asking. My OP was not sarcasm. I am completely serious.

Do you have a suggestion?

ETA - In order to solve any kind of a negotiation we need a comprehensive list of demands. Because if it's not comprehensive, then the issue doesn't go away after the negotiation and it was a failure.

edit on 6/13/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Well , you Left Out Anarchy , that's a Good One .........*)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Again, my OP was not sarcasm!

Is anarchy something the protesters are demanding? If so, we need to put it on the list...right, wrong or indifferent. I haven't heard calls for anarchy, but if this is one of the demands then we should include it.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
Does it include justice for other People who feel oppressed? Because, I am feeling it.

Hard to be " Oppressed " in America today when EVERY Man , Woman , and Child If so Desired and Motivated , Can Eat A Meal that Will Sustain them until the Next Day . Look at the Rest of the World . Hungry Bellies Everywhere , and not even a Blade of Grass to Gnaw on for Some . Yeah Count Your Blessings Fools ...........

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Note - I will figure out some method to mark actual demands so I can tally them along the way. I will only be able to update the OP for a finite amount of time, so we'll have to figure out another way. Maybe I'll bold them and asterisk them...I'll figure out something so we can keep track.

Anyone who wishes to be a scribe and assist will also be appreciated.

I really want to compile a list and will strive to see if we can make a complete one. A real list.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
popculture.com... bFPe5cn7U9_rPr60-uPbBrLTvANXdT7cFZzy2Ijug

The incident began at around 10:30 p.m. ET when Atlanta Police Officers were dispatched to the Wendy's at 125 University Ave. There were complaints that a man was sleeping in a vehicle parked at the drive-thru, and other drivers had to drive around his vehicle. Police had the man take a sobriety test, which he failed, according to police. When trying to arrest him, there was a struggle and one officer used a taser. Witnesses said the suspect grabbed the taser, causing a struggle with officers. During the confrontation, one officer shot the suspect, the GBI said.

well apparently they wanted this guy to not get shot after getting trashed passing out in a drive through (dui) then when failing the sobriety test attacking cops(assault as one cop ended up in hospital) trying to take their taser then trying to escape solely because he was black . there is a short video at link that shows the whole thing go down ,the suspect wrestling with two officers then seemingly taking the taser from one officer then it seems either dodging the 2nd taser while running off with the other officers taser then being shot off screen

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

So what is the demand?

Is it - Disarm police officers? What?

Seriously.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Dbl

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

i would not want to speak for the African American community as im Hispanic and white ,but it seems no matter what an African American suspect does they dont want them shot like ever? they had tried to subdue him with two officers but drunk people can be slippery then they tried tasers and that didnt work but again they are calling this police brutality when it seems to most people that if he had not resisted arrest for his DUI (pretty sure every one can agree drinking and driving is bad) he would be alive if he had not resisted arrest ,i mean jail sucks but it probably beats getting shot

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

X Box.

No i changed my mind, a new computer.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
medium.com...@seattleblmanon3/the-demands-of-the-collective-black-voices-at-free-capitol-hill-to-the-government-of-seattle-ddaee51d3e47 this is seattles enclaves list OP this is not all of them as i didnt wanan quote all 30

Given the historical moment, we’ll begin with our demands pertaining to the Justice System. The Seattle Police Department and attached court system are beyond reform. We do not request reform, we demand abolition. We demand that the Seattle Council and the Mayor defund and abolish the Seattle Police Department and the attached Criminal Justice Apparatus. This means 100% of funding, including existing pensions for Seattle Police. At an equal level of priority we also demand that the city disallow the operations of ICE in the city of Seattle. In the transitionary period between now and the dismantlement of the Seattle Police Department, we demand that the use of armed force be banned entirely. No guns, no batons, no riot shields, no chemical weapons, especially against those exercising their First Amendment right as Americans to protest. We demand an end to the school-to-prison pipeline and the abolition of youth jails. Get kids out of prison, get cops out of schools. We also demand that the new youth prison being built in Seattle currently be repurposed. We demand that not the City government, nor the State government, but that the Federal government launch a full-scale investigation into past and current cases of police brutality in Seattle and Washington, as well as the re-opening of all closed cases reported to the Office of Police Accountability. In particular, we demand that cases particular to Seattle and Washington be reopened where no justice has been served, namely the cases of Iosia Faletogo, Damarius Butts, Isaiah Obet, Tommy Le, Shaun Fuhr, and Charleena Lyles. We demand reparations for victims of police brutality, in a form to be determined.

so they want ice gone in seattle, they want all cops weapons taken away during the "transitional period" they want undisclosed reparations,and end of the school to prison pipeline,no cops in schools and that the federal government investigate the police force for cases of brutality ,they go on to demand a retrail for all black offenders in jail ,they want all officers accused of brutality to have their names published,release of any marijuana offenders from jail, prisoners be given right to vote ,end of qualified immunity for cops ,they want the lost and found property to be randomly given back to the people? ,they want body camera footage to be public reccord (this kind of seems like a good idea) ,and they want the funding that would go to the police be shifted to other areas such as health care (its all at the source above)

then they go onto "economic demands" starting with de-gentrification, an end of homeless sweeps(i think this is where they remove the homeless), and election reform so they dont have to choose between the lessers of two evils(just summarizing this) , they demand black doctors for black patients,they demand support for black buisnesses , they want a new 911 system for dealing with mental health crisis (this one seems pretty good idea btw) as the mentally ill are shot at some of if not the highest levels of all subgroups of citizenry in the usa.

on to educational demands they want increased emphasis on native american and black history in schools ,anti bias training for all jobs in education ,removal of all confederate monuments in washington state (i was not aware they had any?) but thats the bulk of what they want least in seattle , i assume there are other lists for other jurisdictions

en.wikipedia.org... guess this is one of the monuments they have which is to war dead and as lincon pardoned all of them its basically a veterans cemetery but i guess its just head stones with no actual bodies being buried there per wikipedia link? i guess they also have a park (and memorial highway)dedicated to jefferson davis of all people in washington state i was un aware of but that is probably on their list too

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

Is this really a demand?

If so, I'll put it on the list. Just want to confirm.

**New computer** (denotes added to the list)

Note - I make this list without emotion, or judgement. We just need a list.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

So, you're thinking the demand is

**Disarm Police**

Correct? Okay, the bolded and double asterisk means it's been added to the list.

Note - There will inevitably be some questions later. For example, if one of the demands is 'eliminate the police' then what is the point in disarming an organization which has been eliminated? But we'll get to all that later. First let's just get the list.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Why bother?
Give them everything they want and they still won't be happy.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Why bother? Well, because it matters doesn't it? I mean, we don't want folks taking over portions of cities all the time do we?

ETA - Rather than talk about it, I'm trying to do something about it...however small.

If we can get a comprehensive list, maybe we can better evaluate it and see what's reasonable.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I have to run to the store, but when I get back I will try to itemize those. Some of them are not unreasonable.

Unless you would like to bulletize for me, bold and double asterisk (which would be appreciated).

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

If black lives matter does that include their unborn too which is the highest aborted percentage of any group?

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Great questions, and ones that arent even being discussed. This is liberal cities flying headlong into anarchy without so much as a discussion with any side other than their own echo chamber. Hey, how bout we put it to a vote. Too hard for ya? Things gotta be done NOW NOW NOW with zero thought to the repercussions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join