It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m tired of ticks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Yes my lawnmower motor burned just before lock-down. Like my Christmas cake that needs 12 bottles of brandy it was out of the question fixing it while scattering around to get things in place within 3 days trying to prepare for the upcoming lock-down.

Then the ticks came; I got lime disease for a second time (stay horrible) and the dogs got more spot “this expensive long-lasting drops that works for maybe 3 weeks”

Well it was getting better with the winter arriving and now in full swing. I also found an old motor I can use and will be rebuilding the lawnmower before summer (15 min job).

But the ticks didn’t stop!!!

I got so fed up that I told this tick to go buy his own f__en cigarettes. In my previous post I mentioned that cigarettes are now X6 times the normal price. All of a sudden it’s clear who the ticks are trying to ride me like a cow and my real friends.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ICycle2
But the ticks didn’t stop!!!

Because you didn't use these.

Trust me ... get all three. Read the directions. Use about 50% more. Treat the same way one month later. If you can get the land close to yours, that'll really keep 'em back.

Ticks are a plague. Butcherguy might beg to differ, but ticks are even worse than cats.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Will it work for the ticks looking for cigarettes?

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ICycle2
a reply to: Snarl

Will it work for the ticks looking for cigarettes?

'Fraid not. You have to keep the ones you've tamed. -scratch scratch-

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ICycle2
Get a load of chickens and let them roam free range around your garden/yard-they eat ticks.
Or if you are brave,get a load of opposums!Not sure if you could make them stay near your property somehow,but they eat lots of ticks.
Or even better-start a western fence lizard breeding program,and release them around your local area.
They have a protien in their blood which kills lyme disease in the ticks,so if you can flood your local area with them,the chances of catching lyme goes way down.

I HATE ticks.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Love and know the power of chickens - bye bye insects

Its the ones that smoke that is getting to me

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I’ve had Lyme for 27 years, so I feel your pain! I’m a tick magnet. Do you know your blood type? I read that more people with O- blood get Lyme than any other blood type. That’s me. Just my luck! I thought since what I had is chronic, maybe I couldn’t get it again. Nope! Just my luck, two years ago I got a new case on top of the old case. Good times!

Have you tried smoking a brand that they don’t like??? 🙄

WOQ
edit on 13-6-2020 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Best way to remove a tick: place a finger on their abdomen and rotate it around in small circles.

It will let go on it's own after a while and drop off and there won't be any mouthparts left clinging on.

Try it, you'll be amazed.
edit on 13/6/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly

Unfortunately with the ban on cigarettes in South Africa the people smoke from Elephant dung to tea and marijuana to avoid the high corruption prices on tobacco products.

The more I tell them to buy there own from the police, the more they beg and at X6 I cannot afford to give that luxury away. The people knocking on my door get pissed-of because they think I'm the bad guy and not the thieving government.

Everybody close by know that I stocked up by now and do not seem to understand a NO!!!

Because of the fact that they cannot afford it look like they blame me for making early arrangement's

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly

O+ it is

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I wonder what it is about type O?
We must be sweeter! 😂
Stupid ticks!!!

WOQ

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I hate them, too. It seems every year they get worse and worse, too.

As a kid, I used to play in the woods all the time during the spring and summer, spending full days there, and I rarely got any ticks, maybe the occasional lone star tick. Now, just walking out in the yard and doing yard work, and I can get several on me. And these aren't full sized ticks either, but larva/nymphs, so small you can barely see them. I don't recall that ever happening before when I was younger.

It's annoying as hell.
edit on 13-6-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join