It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sincere Question for the Protesters.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: spacedoubt

Ummm...they...?

From my observations...”they”...are primarily white...skin apologizers...on bended knee...apologizing for being...”white”...

It’s the same group of hissy-fits that always protest any and everything...from the one percenters...as they get their marching orders from the one percenters...to the election of President Trump...and now this latest faux outrage...

That’s who...”they”...are...

YouSir

And?
Are you saying there are white people want black lives to matter?
The horror, the horror.

Ummm...no...what I'm saying is their message can be distilled into a simple three word statement that I've seen them display on some of the protest signs...

"Hate the Haters"

YouSir
edit on 13-6-2020 by YouSir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: azvol

get out and talk with the protesters if you really want to learn why and how they feel.

It's the only real way to learn.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

A large percentage of the protesters don't even know why they're out there. They're just mad at the world and want to protest something. Floyd's death and the cops just happens to be the subject du jour at the moment. Tomorrow 3/4 of these people will be out on the street protesting something completely different. I'd lay money down on a bet that more than 90% of the people protesting Floyd's death were also protesters in the Occupy Wall St. movement too. Come the next issue they'll be out there again. It's the hep thing to do anymore.

I don't need to talk to them; what does it matter?

If you want to go talk to them, fine; please do. But do one thing for all of us...rather than ask them why they're out there, instead ask them what it will take for them to go home. Like seriously. I'll bet not a single one can give you a reasonable answer which isn't so nebulous it's not actionable. Example: they want racial harmony and equality. Okay, but what exactly does this mean? Have them itemize it, down to the very last point. They won't be able to, none of them will.

This is what I mean when I say they don't know what they want. It's like saying you want World peace...what exactly does this mean? Does it mean nobody can ever have a disagreement again, that no one can ever get mad and raise their voice? Does it mean the Muslims have to bury the hatchet with the Jews and everyone is just some big happy family? Cuz, that's never going to happen, no matter what any protester might want. Just like the notion that no person will ever harbor a bad thought about someone of a different race. It's been going on since the dawn of man, literally a million years...and these people somehow believe by creating CHAZ it will somehow magically just stop??????? Or, is it only the Police department?? What about the Sheriff's department?? What about the Fire department, or the Dept of Public works...where does it end? Have them make an exhaustive list, itemizing every single thing they want 'corrected' to their satisfaction. And "everything" nor "everybody" is not an acceptable answer.

Can you see how foolish and utopian all of this is?? What they want cannot be granted, not because people are unwilling to do it, but because it's impossible. And here's the take-away...and they KNOW it's impossible! They know what they are asking for cannot be grated, and this is how you know they're just protesting for the sake of protesting. Whether it's Floyd's death today, or OWS, or homelessness...or boiling the oceans and solving world hunger. It doesn't matter. What they want cannot be granted to them...and they know it! That's why they're there. They might as well protest the sky being blue.

Again, what do they REALLY want...every last detail?

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Their only voice is the media, and the only way the media will continue to pay attention to them is if they keep doing crazier stuff and more crazier stuff.

It is my belief that it is all a stirring of a hornets nest, started by an artificial event in order to keep the countries attention focused. We have laws, we don't let People start their own nation in our cities.

So the question is what is it we are not to look at? That list I would like to see.What are we missing?

Some legal scholars suggested the Justice Department’s reticence was strange and perhaps even a political dodge aimed at diverting attention from the fact that it opposed a deposition from Clinton in U.S. District Court.

www.politico.com...

As the spread of coronavirus has accelerated in recent weeks, local, state and federal officials throughout the United States have locked down information from the public. Examples include:

In Texas, the city of Palestine banned a news reporter from a city council meeting on March 23, even though fewer than a maximum of 10 people would be in the room. It also did not allow the public to listen in on the meeting through a toll-free phone number, as required by state law.
The Council of the District of Columbia decided on March 19 that district employees do not have to respond promptly to public records requests any more.

The FBI no longer accepts requests for information online or by email because of the virus. If anyone wants information they must send their request in the mail.

Across the country, journalists are being barred from talking to staff at public hospitals and other locations serving the sick. And with administrators limiting access to the hospital itself, journalists are unable to tell the public what is happening. Precautions can be taken to protect the health of everyone concerned and protect the privacy of patients.

www.niemanlab.org...
edit on 13-6-2020 by SeaWorthy because: add

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: GentrySociety

"First, What are the protesters actually protesting? Are they protesting that black lives matter? Are they protesting against police brutality? Are they protesting against conservatives? Or all the above and some I missed?"

First, they are protesting police brutality, excessive force, racism within police departments, and unjust bias by cops based on race.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BeenieWeenie

Please add these demands to the list HERE...if you wouldn't mind.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

blacks - whites - asians - men - women - children - christians and jews have all been enslaved at one time or another .

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It's frustration and anger. Why does Dylann Roof get handed Burger King after killing 9 people in a church, yet a misdemeanor gets a young black man death, why can cops enter the wrong apartment and a woman is murdered in her bed with no charges brought. The list is long.
Even in my area, why is the black Amazon driver hassled by a cop and tackled for parking the wrong way to drop a package yet two cars on my street have been parked the wrong way for 2 days and the cops roll on by. The boy waiting on his dad to pick him up from his job at subway is brutally put down on the ground because it was dark and he was standing in front of a business?

Why can people post about a small peaceful protest in my area and it turns into a horrible thing filled with name calling? Why do posters here reference to some minorities by animal names?

If you do not see racism that is because you choose not to. Until you have to worry about your son when he is out of the house being killed even if he complies to orders from a cop then I guess you won't understand. But heaven forbid you take away your haircut for a month and arms are out and governors are threatened to be dragged out by their hair and hung on the nearest lamp post to quote a poster on ATS.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It's the humble beginnings of a class war.

It began when the powers that be sold out their fellow man for a quick buck and we're just now getting to the bloodshed.

As an ATS member, you know that there are 2 different sets of rules for people: The rule set for the haves and the rule set for the have nots.

We know that the elite have sex trafficking rings, underground bunkers and private mercenaries but we do nothing about it.

The demons are running amok on Earth and how we let it get this bad is by giving too much of our faith in money, the root of all evil.

We are not people to them, we are votes, cattle and dollar bills.

Their power over us comes from money.

You want to talk demands?

Give the heads of state an ultimatum to step down or be guillotined.

Or get rid of currency.

Authority and greed will bring mankind to extinction.

Let's rid ourselves of these concepts before it's too late.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
So, it is your belief that the protests are about employees murdering, and by employees you mean police officers? So, the kneeling on the back of the neck incident is not the first time that restraint has been used by a police officer on a person being restrained. Also, the knees to the back of the neck tactic has been deployed on various ethnicity. Seen way too many pictures of police utilizing that technique to have all been photo shopped. I digress, do you think that if all police were prohibited from restraining any individual under any circumstance would appease the protesters? a reply to: pthena

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Apologies, great minds think alike. Stepping on your thread was non intentional. a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
One of the issues that really needs to be addressed is that there are EVOLVED forms of slavery occurring even now. Understanding that someone who works for pennies an hour in a sweat shop is very equivalent to someone who worked in a cotton field and was Owned if you will. People who work minimum wage and have half of it taken in taxes to pay off government is pretty much slavery without the ownership title. Those who are dependent on wlefare, food stamps, social security and government entitlement are pretty much enslaved. I submit that the systemic racism is really all of the entitlement programs that trap families from ever breaking from that viscous cycle. a reply to: 10uoutlaw

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I have asked myself the exact same question, the only reasonable response i have come up with is location and those involved in the capturing. Those in the city that deal with so much of it all of the time have become desensitized by it all. I hope that gets through. Those in other areas where something occurs out of the normal like that still have a sense of humanity. As stated, I have no way of validating my theory other than common sense and a basic understanding of human psyche. I believe in both cases there were white and black police involved in the capture. a reply to: frogs453

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ras321
Systematic racism is real and if you can't recognize it then you are part of the problem.

Since Trump has been elected there has been systematic racism against white people. The systematic destruction of Southern white history and culture by radical anti-white hate groups is very real.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: GentrySociety
One of the issues that really needs to be addressed is that there are EVOLVED forms of slavery occurring even now.

We are actively taking part in it.

Is the guy on welfare stealing sneakers making more or less than the child who made them?

If the protesters really want equality they are in for a huge shock!

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

They say that those things are just a few of the long history of abuse and injustice that continues today.
I can't argue for them because I'm not them. But I also can't argue against how they say they are being treated.

These are things they are telling me when I talk with them.

I suggest everyone following this stuff speak with some black people about it face to face.
It's the only way to have real understanding about why their doing this now.

Face to face not through a screen.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

A large percentage of the protesters don't even know why they're out there.

I don't think you know what a large percentage of them are thinking.
None of us do.

The few I spoke to directly seem to know why they are there.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: mysterioustranger

It’s a shame more folks from BOTH sides dont realize this and remove the (sides) aspect of it all.

Yes sir. And we wonder why aliens aren't landing....

An entire planet of 1 warring race. No 1 leader, king, president, ruler, spokesperson. With itself. The human race....warring against another part...of-the-1-race...HUMAN.

All...all...everybody...bleeds red blood.
edit on 14-6-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: GentrySociety

So, it is your belief that the protests are about employees murdering, and by employees you mean police officers?

Different people have different grievances. I am not currently out on the streets because of Covid-19, being in at-risk of dire outcome category. I am, however, sympathetic with the protests.

There is a sign out there that reads "no lives matter until black lives matter"; a statement which I agree with. My personal observations of Police getting away with murder go back 35 years, and aren't tied to racial issues as much as tied to throw away people, i.e. the homeless, chemical impaired/drunk, and mentally distressed.

I was living in a town patrolled by County Sheriff's deputies due to not being large enough to have its own police department. One summer, fresh graduates from the academy (rookies) who commuted to work from far away were assigned to our local substation. That was a bad time.

A bag lady, comparable to an Australian swagman as depicted in "Waltzing Matilda", though not male nor Australian, stole an Eskimo Pie from a convenience store and went into a fast food restaurant across the street to eat it. Police were called. 10 minutes later, she was dead, having been shot 21 times by responding deputies.

The deputies report stated "assault with a deadly weapon", that was good enough for the County, not good enough for the town. Yes, she pulled a steak knife from her tucker bag, but she was seated on the other side of the table, 10 feet away from the three deputies, and did not present any credible threat to the lives of the deputies.

Then there was the drunk guy. How drunk was he? Drunk enough to fall down while being questioned by a deputy. Report said, "was lunging towards me." I guess if he had fallen down in a different direction he wouldn't have gotten shot five times.

Then the mentally distressed fellow driving to the hospital to get checked in or checked out by medical personnel. Driving slightly erratic, turned into a 20 minute slow speed chase (no stop signs or traffic lights run through). It ended within feet of the Emergency Room entrance. He got out of his car, noticed eight deputies standing outside their patrol cars 30 feet away with roof lights flashing. He reached into his car and grabbed a hand-cultivator (gardening tool) and held it straight up above his head. The cops proceeded to empty their guns into him.

No charges were ever filed against any of these deputies. The town had no authority to say which County employees could patrol its streets. The County "committed" to "review the training program of the Academy." That's it. End of inquiry, end of story.

Swagman/woman lives matter. Drunk lives matter. Mentally distressed lives matter.

The protests are not about George Floyd alone. His case is very pronounced because of the Worldwide exposure of video tape. There is another sign, "how many killings were not filmed?" Decades upon decades. The weight is too great for this to continue.

I digress, do you think that if all police were prohibited from restraining any individual under any circumstance would appease the protesters?

I don't wish to speak for all protesters.

It has been a long time since I've been arrested. I never even got cuffed. Maybe because I looked like a "contributing member of society"? Nowadays, I look more like a swagman. Maybe I will continue to distance socially, and not just because of Covid-19. Yes, that seems prudent to me.

edit on 14-6-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Here is the problem, there are asians, hispanics, caucasians, arabics, that all don't have to say that their lives matter. Why is that? If you are having to force people to say it then it really isnt real is it? It is placated. But if 100s of looters stealing and ravaging stores and business is the way to prove ones ability to matter is not working very well. a reply to: pthena

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join