It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump administration revokes transgender health protection

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Washington (AP) — In a move applauded by President Donald Trump’s conservative religious base, his administration on Friday finalized a rule that overturns Obama-era protections for transgender people against sex discrimination in health care.

The Department of Health and Human Services said it will enforce sex discrimination protections “according to the plain meaning of the word ‘sex’ as male or female and as determined by biology.” This rewrites an Obama-era regulation that sought a broader understanding shaped by a person’s internal sense of being male, female, neither or a combination.

LGBTQ groups say explicit protections are needed for people seeking sex-reassignment treatment, and even for transgender people who need care for common illnesses such as diabetes or heart problems.

Source

It's obvious Trump (or at least his handlers) knew this was going to be a dumb move. Why else do it at the very end of the day on a Friday?

At the same time I get it. Trump's down in the polls. Even his precious OANN gives a 50% shot (in Florida.) Tear gassing members of the clergy so he could take a ridiculous photo-op pissed off a lot of people on the Religious Right.

Maybe denying US citizens basic rights will help get those numbers back up.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
So you’re saying the Orange Man really is.......Bad?

Oh well, better change my vote to biden. The rapist.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

It's obvious Trump (or at least his handlers) knew this was going to be a dumb move. Why else do it at the very end of the day on a Friday?

Pride week.

Pulse shooting anniversary.

Cruelty is the point.

+36 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

What's an example of sex discrimination in health care?

Is it a trans woman being offended by a prostate exam or is it actual offences being committed?

Im not sure what I'm supposed to be outraged at.

+32 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Sabbath has started,so I will be brief.
Marriage is a union between a man and a woman.
Abortion is murder,plain and simple.
Homosexual lifestyle is a choice.
You are born either male or female.
The rainbow belomgs to God!
Shabbat Shalom,good-bye.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

It is amazing how these dates just keep happening to line up. Revoking this on the anniversary of the Pulse massacre. Restarting his rallies on Juneteenth in Tulsa. Getting named the GOP presidential candidate in Jacksonville on the anniversary of Ax Handle Saturday.

I'm starting to think Trump has put Stephen Miller in charge of his scheduling.

+23 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

What's an example of sex discrimination in health care?

Is it a trans woman being offended by a prostate exam or is it actual offences being committed?

Im not sure what I'm supposed to be outraged at.

My understanding of it was that it protects a transgender, say formerly male, to not be treated as a male for heart problems, non-sexual diseases, etc.

Because the Doctor isn't going to be able to tell if you are biologically male or not, I guess...

I dunno. My LGBT friends made quite a deal over it, I just didn't understand the concept.

You would think that you would WANT your Doctor to know your medical history, after all.

~puzzled~

+23 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Pride week.

Cruelty is the point.

Thank you for making a new game for me.

Every Biden rally, I'm going to look for something that happened in the last 200 years somewhere around that event and accuse Biden of abusing the memory of the event.

Oh who am I kidding.

Biden doing a rally?

edit on 12-6-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Liquesence

It is amazing how these dates just keep happening to line up. Revoking this on the anniversary of the Pulse massacre. Restarting his rallies on Juneteenth in Tulsa. Getting named the GOP presidential candidate in Jacksonville on the anniversary of Ax Handle Saturday.

I'm starting to think Trump has put Stephen Miller in charge of his scheduling.

Don't forget Jacksonville Aug 27 Ax Handle Saturday.....

And yeah, it's all Miller. Trump is too dumb about history, Miller feeds most of it to him.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Hmm... I See Multiple Panties being Bunched Right Now . Tough Titties Ladies , Sheit Happens ...........)

link   
and when did you CHOOSE to be straight???? so for years gay people were beaten killed disowned by their families...you are saying they CHOSE this???? what a load of crap....people who are born intersex will disagree with you they have a mix of sexual organs...there was a guy he looked like a guy in every way...had horrible stomach pains went to the doc on the inside he had a uterus..some people have extra chromosones or missing chromosone........

originally posted by: mamabeth

Shabbat Shalom,good-bye.

+1 more 
link   

Pride week.

Cruelty is the point.

More faux outrage.
Just being a Liberal is cruelty enough, everyone already knows that.

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I applaud this. Should be common sense, honestly. There are 2 genders and efforts to make yourself look like the gender you hallucinate yourself to be are in the same vein as breast augmentation, penile enlargement, or a nose job... if you can find the cash you can look like whoever you want, otherwise... no.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Every Biden rally

Biden doing a rally?

He doesn't need one to fluff his fragile ego.

But this thread is about Trump and LGBT antidiscriminatory rights..
edit on 12-6-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

This law focused on feels, not science. What you're talking about are God's mulligans... biological errors where there are organs there shouldn't be in place. That's a legitimate, demonstrable medical situation which would already be covered under existing medical discrimination laws.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
and when did you CHOOSE to be straight???? so for years gay people were beaten killed disowned by their families...you are saying they CHOSE this???? what a load of crap....people who are born intersex will disagree with you they have a mix of sexual organs...there was a guy he looked like a guy in every way...had horrible stomach pains went to the doc on the inside he had a uterus..some people have extra chromosones or missing chromosone........

originally posted by: mamabeth

Shabbat Shalom,good-bye.

Hmm... I See a Little Boy in that Little Girl there .................DEEP THOUGHT .

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Horrible thing when your doctor no longer has to be afraid to tell you that you have prostate cancer because you prefer the world to treat you like a woman.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Treating a MALE as a MALE is not discrimination

Anti discrimination bill? Pffft, no it wasn’t.

If I wanted a doctor to treat me as though I was a llama, he would say “no, you’re a human, you get human treatment”.
If I wanted him to treat me as though I was a woman he would say “no, you’re a male, you will be treated as a male”

If that hurt my feelings, then I’d be a CUCK

“Ma’am, you have testicular cancer”

edit on 12 6 2020 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

Every Biden rally

Biden doing a rally?

He doesn't need one to fluff his fragile ego.

But this thread about Trump and LGBT antidiscriminatory rights..

The thread should be focused on a rather stupid law as it was explained to me by members of the LGBT community.

Trump, history and the new fad of tying everything that happened everywhere to a Trump rally was your focus.

Are you really going with "Biden doesn't need to do rallies to run for office?" as cover for "Biden can't stand for 20 minutes, will probably talk to the potted plant again but he's got my vote"?

So be it! Run with that!

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Pride week.

Cruelty is the point.

More faux outrage.
Just being a Liberal is cruelty enough, everyone already knows that.

I dunno.

MAGA in the throes of political death and relegated to a nightmarish chapter in US history has to be far worse...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join