It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters threaten to occupy part of Tennessee capital .

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
But armed protesters taking over a Michigan Statehouse is A-ok.

Talk about double standards and hypocrisy.

Oh wait, they were conservatives...

Talk about wilful blind ignorance...

First, they never "took over" anything. There were LEOs present the whole time, interaction was respectful and at the end of the day, the protestors peacefully left. That's a real big difference that is apparently for some reason unclear to you.

Second, even with the presence of firearms to make a point, no crimes were committed, nobody was shot or even threatened, nobody was coerced in any way - unlike in SPAZ where the Seattle police chief tells us that rape and robbery are being committed and they can't do anything about it.

Third, the Michigan protestors were protesting a legitimate issue, the abrogation of their civil liberties by a self-appointed tyrant. The Antifa crowd are nothing more than vandals, thugs and terrorists.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

Basically this. No one here has a problem with police reform. But if some people think they can pull what happened in Seattle with the destruction of personal property, businesses, vandalizing and rioting, whatever else kind of destruction, and trying to set some area as an autonomous zone they're going to have a bad time.

The Governor wouldn't even need to use police. The people of Tennessee are more than willing to drive to Nashville and shut that crap down.

There is plenty of woodland out there for them to get together and try to set up their little "AZ."

They won't do it though, because they won't be able to last long due to the lack of modern comforts.

There's a reason why the riots in Nashville didn't go like the other cities did. Sure they caused a bit of destruction, but it didn't last long.

In Murfreesboro that crap got shut right down.

So far the Mayor has allowed protestors to stay overnight, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Mayor and Governor are just waiting to play their hand. We'll see what happens.
edit on 1362020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Does any of that change the similarities between the two time periods ?

I did not say they were not similar time periods but I think the "connectedness" of today makes this kind of pot stirring potentially way more volatile than it might have been in the past where people were not so connected and people were not rewarded so much for following the crowd.

It seems like these days people will do bad things just because everyone is doing it. That's kinda scary.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
State Troopers took the tents and camping gear down, and told them to clear out after the march is finished. They won't be staying a second night so it seems.

www.tennessean.com...

www.tennessean.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
CAROLINA ZONE GO BYE BYE..

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Wow, I figured the one in Asheville would make it at least a day lmao.

Must not be able to stand the heat or something.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I'm talking about protesters.

Not the stupid anarchists, white supremacists and other malcontents.

Protesters do not equal rioters.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
New update:

www.tennessean.com...

Most of the protestors have dispersed. There are only a couple hundred remaining.

Police have fenced off the capitol hill grounds and remaining protestors have been reminded they will be breaking the law if they attempt to camp out.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

The protesters seem to have been used by

stupid anarchists, white supremacists and other malcontents
How can they be separated form those controlling them?

Undercover Investigation - MN Riot Was Preplanned By The Sunrise Movement

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
There hasn't been an update since 8:10pm. So, it's probable that nothing major has happened.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown
also please read this
a reply to: camain

They did not seize the capital. However there were some threats to assassinate the Governor and legislature. Enough of the threats were taken seriously and some of the legislature wore bullet proof vests.

Some of the threats posted online:

Steve Doxsie had the same idea: “Drag that tyrant governor out to the front lawn. Fit her for a noose.”

“Either President Trump sends in the troops or there is going to be a midnight lynching in Lansing soon,” Michael Smith chimed in.

Russel Christopher Rozman said, “She needs her ass beat. Most of these politicians need a good ass whooping. Just. Punch there lights out.”

When someone suggested the guillotine, Thomas Michael Lamphere responded, “Good ol’ fashioned bullets work better, but I like the enthusiasm.”

Matthew Woodruff had another idea: “Can we please just take up a collection for an assassin to put that woman from Michigan down,” he asked.

“We could’ve taken over the capital last time if we wanted,” Chris Coffey said. “This was just a display. Next time won’t be!”

“DO you want me to bring the rope, shouldn’t be too hard to find a good tree,” Russell Kynn asked.

This just goes to show you there are extremists on both sides talking about or willing to get violent.

Would you support 100 liberals outside of Planned Parenthood demanding identification before someone entered ?

This wouldn't happen, usually it's the pro fetus group that stands outside of planned parenthood. But no I would not. And I don't support anyone asking for identification even police unless a crime is being/about/has been committed.
edit on 14-6-2020 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

They did not seize the capital

That’s the difference between the two pictures and what happened in each .

However there were some threats to assassinate the Governor and legislature. Enough of the threats were taken seriously and some of the legislature wore bullet proof vests.

There’s nut jobs everywhere that’s not a point .

This wouldn't happen

My question was hypothetical to prove a point .

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
But armed protesters taking over a Michigan Statehouse is A-ok.

Talk about double standards and hypocrisy.

Oh wait, they were conservatives...

A totally delusional statement!

There was no take over, there was NO Civil Disobedience, and when evening fell the crowd
cleaned up after themselves!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join