It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Trip To THe Renaissance Festival (With pictures!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Yesterday I took my friend and his girlfriend to the renaissance festival. For those deprived people who have never heard of the renaissance festival, it's basically like a little medieval fair/town that gets set up for about a month once a year. They have actors in medieval constumes and such. It's a lot of fun. I debated posting pictures of myself on the internet, but my friend talked me into it. I'll probably just take them down after everybody gets bored (Or I get no replies which is what will most likely happen
) Most of them I look like a complete idiot, because it was hot and my hair was all messed up from all the action. Oh well! Here they are!

*This one is of my friend andre, on your left (The darker one) and I, guess which side. The guy in the background said "One o' these three men'll be still hard tonight!" heh heh, funny old hobo.

*This is me falling off the rock climbing wall. This thing's harder than you'd think! I got my hand just about where it's not slanted anymore. Then I just couldn't find anything else to hold onto. I had to try to jump from one rock to the other. Guess what happened?

*This is me looking like a badass pirate as usual!

*And here's me in the costume shop. We weren't supposed to take pictures I don't think...but oh well!

*This one's of the torture chamber tour thing. They had a lot of wax characters demonsrating all of the old and unique torture methods. This one's crazy.

*Here's a couple of the musicians playing their instruments on the side. These two were really good. The guy with the guitar has something called a bazooki (not now, but he grabs one later), and he's amazing at it.

*And finally here's me eating one of those giant turkey legs. It was good, but kind of disturbing to eat. It was gigantic!

Well there they are. Enjoy!

By the way, how do you make these pictures smaller?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Nice pics!

The turkey leg one is avatar-worthy.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Nice pics!

The turkey leg one is avatar-worthy.

hahah, I'll definately think about that one.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
WHY AM I A THREAD KILLER!??!?!?!? AAARRRGHHHHH. I KILLED MY OWN THREAD!!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
conservative, are you matie? Well, I hopes you and your boyfriend and her girlfriend enjoyed it, arrrrggghh!!!

A pirate walks into a bar with this enormous steering wheel stuck down his pants.  The bartender can’t help but ask, “What’s with the steering wheel?”  “ARRRRGGH,” the pirate answers, “it’s drivin’ me nuts.”

A little kid with a speech impediment dresses up as a pirate and goes trick or treating. he knocks on the door of a house and a man answers. "oh, i can see you're dressed up as a pirate." the man says. "but where are your buccaneers?" the kid gets really mad, and says "on the sides of my buckin' head!"

Strike down your panties and prepare to be boarded!!! Wench, you shall walk me plank, arrrgghhh, SHIVER ME TIMBER, BEACH!!!!!

Care for a dancing banana? Blow me...down!!!arrrgggh!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by poonchang
conservative, are you matie? Well, I hopes you and your boyfriend and her girlfriend enjoyed it, arrrrggghh!!!

A pirate walks into a bar with this enormous steering wheel stuck down his pants. The bartender can’t help but ask, “What’s with the steering wheel?” “ARRRRGGH,” the pirate answers, “it’s drivin’ me nuts.”

A little kid with a speech impediment dresses up as a pirate and goes trick or treating. he knocks on the door of a house and a man answers. "oh, i can see you're dressed up as a pirate." the man says. "but where are your buccaneers?" the kid gets really mad, and says "on the sides of my buckin' head!"

Strike down your panties and prepare to be boarded!!! Wench, you shall walk me plank, arrrgghhh, SHIVER ME TIMBER, BEACH!!!!!

Care for a dancing banana? Blow me...down!!!arrrgggh!!!

So glad to see that we have mature intelligent liberals on here!

By the way, pirates kick ass. And no, not in the gay way. You wish pirates were gay because they're so incredibly awesome. And no, I'm not gay. Sorry, but I have a girlfriend.
. I have a friend who's gay though, maybe I can hook you two up!

Only kidding of course, as I'm sure you were.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
So glad to see that we have mature intelligent liberals on here!

By the way, pirates kick ass. And no, not in the gay way. You wish pirates were gay because they're so incredibly awesome. And no, I'm not gay. Sorry, but I have a girlfriend.
. I have a friend who's gay though, maybe I can hook you two up!

Only kidding of course, as I'm sure you were.

LOL, good for you!! A conservative with a sense of humor!! Of course I am kidding. I was just having a little fun at your expense (Dude, you posted pics of yourself at a Renaissance Fair, what did you expect?).

P.S. Pirates rule!!

Edit: P.P.S. watch the name-calling, not everyone appreciates being called "mature" and "intelligent"

[edit on 3/15/05 by poonchang]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
LOL, good for you!! A conservative with a sense of humor!! Of course I am kidding. I was just having a little fun at your expense (Dude, you posted pics of yourself at a Renaissance Fair, what did you expect?).

P.S. Pirates rule!!

Haha, I know I know. Normally, there's no chance I'd ever post a picture of myself on the internet (Don't have that kind of confidence hahaha), let alone at the renaissance fair. But my friend kinda talked me into it. Also, I can take 'em down anytime I want, and probably will.

P.S.S: Pirates do rule!

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Haha, I know I know. Normally, there's no chance I'd ever post a picture of myself on the internet (Don't have that kind of confidence hahaha), let alone at the renaissance fair. But my friend kinda talked me into it. Also, I can take 'em down anytime I want, and probably will.

P.S.S: Pirates do rule!

Yeah...ummm...I always wanted to go to one, but I'm homophobic. So, you're a better person than I am. And grande lluevos, mi amigo!! I wouldn't dare post pics of it!! It actually looks like your enjoying yourself, wtf, who cares, right? Don't take it personally, I'm just messing with you. Tell everybody what you did there!!!

P.S. Pirates rule

P.P.S. I'm not a liberal either

P.P.P.S. got any good pirate jokes?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Yeah...ummm...I always wanted to go to one, but I'm homophobic. So, you're a better person than I am.

Haha, I know what you mean. But seriously, there were more normal people than people in costumes. And I did enjoy myself a lot! It was really fun! You really should go sometime. I mean, my friend andre and I are pretty normal. He's got a girlfriend, so do I (well, kind of) and he loved it! I know I don't look like it, but we both work out and everything. So yeah, it's not 'weird people only'. It was my friends first time going. He's from brazil, only gonna be here till june so I had to make him come. Probably his last time. My dad is a complete homophobe (really), and he actually liked it a lot haha. There's that rock climbing thing, axe throwing...all sorts of cool stuff. (Damn, I'm starting to feel like an ad). So again, it's not any like 'weird people only' type of thing, although there were lots of weird people. Not that I have anything against the weird people! (I think we're all pretty weird in one way or another). I'd definately recomend going.

By the way, if you're posting on BTS, you've already crossed the 'weird' line.

[edit on 15-3-2005 by Herman]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   

ROFLMFAO!!! Awesome. I'm going to add that to my sig, if you don't mind?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

ROFLMFAO!!! Awesome. I'm going to add that to my sig, if you don't mind?

Haha, go right ahead

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The person in the first pick on the other side IS A MAN. I had someone think he was a girl. His girlfriend is the one taking the picture, and my (sort of) girlfriend wasn't there. Hope this clears things up

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Cool photos.

er....Yea, cool photos.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Looks like you had a lot of fun Herman. I love the rock walls. There is one set up at one of the many malls here. A little pricey ($10 for 10 minutes of climbing), but still fun none the less

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Nice pics!
Looks like you had a good time!

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Thanks for the turkey leg photo, it brings back memories.

Somewhere round here I posted once about negotiating a buy on the remaining turkey legs a quarter hour from closing one year. They were shared by my unruly mob, I think I had nine.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Thanks for the turkey leg photo, it brings back memories.

Somewhere round here I posted once about negotiating a buy on the remaining turkey legs a quarter hour from closing one year. They were shared by my unruly mob, I think I had nine.

HaHa! It's true.....they go on sale prior to closing to liquidate their inventory......btw.....I get them for free as well as some other food booths.....I build the blasted things in California....southern and northern....that is to say I put up the canopies.

Everyone loves shade!!!

new topics

top topics

join