It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism at canadian human rights museum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
"Canadian Museum for Human Rights aware of racism concerns for years: former employee"

I couldn't help but laugh at the irony of this one.
Human rights museum violates human rights...
They didn't really say what the racism was or at least I missed it if it's in the article..

"Armando Perla said the museum's officials were "vicious and made me feel like I had no value the whole time I worked there" after he spoke up about racist and homophobic attitudes. "

"Another former employee, Shania Pruden, said in a post she was told she wasn't allowed to wear a beaded key chain she received as a gift from an elder while working there. "

I hope there is more to it than what's been listed.
Especially coming out of trudeau Canada...lol

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Especially coming out of trudeau Canada...lol

You mean 'Proud Blackface' Trudeau?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
"Canadian Museum for Human Rights aware of racism concerns for years: former employee"

"Another former employee, Shania Pruden, said in a post she was told she wasn't allowed to wear a beaded key chain she received as a gift from an elder while working there. "

So racism is now being told you can't wear a keychain. Wow that definitions getting broader and broader every day.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I was wondering about that one..
We will see if more serious allegations come out.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

So racism is now being told you can't wear a keychain. Wow that definitions getting broader and broader every day.

Ya, not sure about that, I guess it was given by a native elder, so I'm assuming native design/style. Why was she not allowed to wear it? don't know, but racism?

Canada has racism issues no doubt..not sure the sky is falling though.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
sigh
edit on 12-6-2020 by ByteChanger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Of course it's racism.

The new definition of racism is not getting to do whatever you want and not have everyone kiss your ass every minute if you are not white.

But the good news is you can still apply endless rules and be rude to white people.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

I'm not giving an opinion until I hear more about the allegations

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Some people like to just go through life being butt hurt.

Apparently the museum doesn't think white people can experience racism.

Those social media posts prompted the national museum to issue a public statement from CEO John Young on Tuesday night, saying museum administration plans to reach out to staff and volunteers who identify as Black, Indigenous or people of colour to listen to their experiences and concerns.

In this quote for the article you linked the are only reaching out to "staff and volunteers who identify as Black, Indigenous or people of colour to listen to their experiences and concerns."

Though I do think people of color should come up with a more derogatory name for white people, because being called a "Honky" just makes me laugh.
edit on 12-6-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
We are given no details and the only coroborating witness is complaining that they couldn't wear a beaded necklass.

Knowing from experience that most, if not all, of the time when someone claims racism, it's to get their way and completely unfounded. How do we know this guy making the claim isn't just an idiot a-hole. As for the beaded necklass, jobs have dress codes. Sorry. I suppose these dress codes were created by the white man to strip poc from their cultural identity or some other nonsense, right?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Is it allowed for a black person to impersonate a white person impersonating a black person?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Pretty soon we will have Social Scores like China to have to prove we aren't racist. Then it'll be a Gold-Star patch you have to wear. Dr' Seuss's Star-Bellied Sneech's all over again...until the non-Stars shout racism. Then what?

edit on 12-6-2020 by NightVision because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Sounds like a perpetual victim. Someone who gets offended when asked to wear work attire and is required to work while on the clock.

I'm skeptical that the Canadian museum of human rights is a den of racist misogynistic white nationalists. There is a higher probability she is actually the racist and has some entitlement issues. It's likely she took issue with her white boss telling her to do things. You know because of slavery and all...

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

If this came to be, it would be time to leave this mortal coil and this idiot place called earth. With regrets of course, but nobody 'socially scores' me and forces me what to think.

Also racism needs a reform.

It used to be when you actually did or asked for violence against someone of different heritage, literally because they are different. Then it changed to believing that someone is less good than you [so frigging what, nobility thinks less of peasants, there is always a friend or a neighbour stupider than you...etc] and now it's anything that involves a poc. Anything. It's all racist now. It's all bolloxx.

None of this makes sense apart form the original meaning.

My thoughts are still mine and I can like or dislike whomever I want, I am equally hating anyone that isn't likeable, regardless of colour or creed and that is my right.
Humans are build to belong, to care for their own and put their own first. Every human does that. Even black people.
That doesn't mean you HATE everyone else or you are racisssss. Jeeez who came up with this sh-iite?

It goes against our very fabric to love everyone and to always give outsiders everything we have.
Even antifa build a wall to keep out those they hate.
It's inane. Colour is of absolutely no importance if we have the same culture.
If you are on holiday afar away and you meet a differently coloured person who grew up in your country and watched the same programs and had the same schooling etc, you will think of them as 'one of your ilk'.

Only complete morons believe we can all live peacefully next to each other, yet keep separate beliefs and cultures.

It starts with our nuclear families and then widens, until we come to Nations. This one world nonsense can't happen, ever.
If there was one world, soon you'd have splinter groups going by other things that bind them together other than countries.
Like it is already on the internet, where we can't see colour.
There are groups of gamers and groups of mums and groups of conspiracy theorists and groups of sheep watching brainless influencers and so on. And guess what, they don't actually all love each other. Plus I think influencers are stupider than me...so what? Is that influencerism?

We will never all agree or be of one happy group. Never.

We are herd animals, it is written in our genes. Our herd/family/culture/belief is what we need to live and breathe.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The late great Masqua used to speak about first nation rights, etc. I think its still an issue for them (not that the US has done right) and a social justice movement.

In other words, Americans might not understand on the surface

new topics

top topics

join