It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Chappell I Feel Your Rant.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Edumakated

Guess you haven't seen the many videos of black folk being unfairly treated by law enforcement.

It's been a boiling issue. And calling it emotional group think does nothing but shove the issue under the rug.

The black community has been thinking of this for a long time. It's not some irrational momentary emotional impulse....

I can show you many videos of a lot of things... it doesn't mean there is a systematic issue.

I can show you videos of deadly car crashes. It doesn't mean that out of the millions and millions of people driving daily, I need to fear dying in a car crash.

Just because people irrationally fear something does not make it so.... again, the data simply does not point to blacks being hunted down by racist cops.

Except if you ignored the FBI warning that White Supremacist groups had infiltrated the Police force way back in 2015, these mftrs are now highly ranked making decisions now.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Guess you haven't seen the many videos of black folk being unfairly treated by law enforcement.

It's been a boiling issue. And calling it emotional group think does nothing but shove the issue under the rug.

The black community has been thinking of this for a long time. It's not some irrational momentary emotional impulse....

I can show you many videos of a lot of things... it doesn't mean there is a systematic issue.

I can show you videos of deadly car crashes. It doesn't mean that out of the millions and millions of people driving daily, I need to fear dying in a car crash.

Just because people irrationally fear something does not make it so.... again, the data simply does not point to blacks being hunted down by racist cops.

Except if you ignored the FBI warning that White Supremacist groups had infiltrated the Police force way back in 2015, these mftrs are now highly ranked making decisions now.

Put up some data / facts.

So the black police chiefs, majors, lieutenants, and other cops just ignore the white supremacist cops on the force?

I have no doubt there are racist cops. However, the data simply does not bear out any significant systematic police oppression of blacks. If there were all these racist cops, the data would show it.

For the record, I am black. Grew up in teh south in 70s / 80s. My dad was a cop too. He taught me at an early age that there are some bad cops and some were racist. However, he also taught me how to interact with police.

He drilled into my head, you can't win an argument with a cop on the side of the road. The cop has the authority. Just STFU and deal with it later if I feel I was wronged. Arguing with a cop on the side of he street is a fools game.

I've never had a bad interaction with the cops and I have been pulled over many times. However, the difference is I have ID. I have my insurance. I say Yes sir, no sir. I don't cop an attitude.

Many of my friends growing up were always "F the police, etc". However, these are the same guys who are constantly doing dirt. Got the weed on 'em. Got the pistol on them. Always arguing with the cop. It never ends well.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

So the black police chiefs, majors, lieutenants, and other cops just ignore the white supremacist cops on the force?

I have no doubt there are racist cops. However, the data simply does not bear out any significant systematic police oppression of blacks. If there were all these racist cops, the data would show it.

For the record, I am black. Grew up in teh south in 70s / 80s. My dad was a cop too. He taught me at an early age that there are some bad cops and some were racist. However, he also taught me how to interact with police.

He drilled into my head, you can't win an argument with a cop on the side of the road. The cop has the authority. Just STFU and deal with it later if I feel I was wronged. Arguing with a cop on the side of he street is a fools game.

I've never had a bad interaction with the cops and I have been pulled over many times. However, the difference is I have ID. I have my insurance. I say Yes sir, no sir. I don't cop an attitude.

Many of my friends growing up were always "F the police, etc". However, these are the same guys who are constantly doing dirt. Got the weed on 'em. Got the pistol on them. Always arguing with the cop. It never ends well.

Ok FAM here goes
FBI warned of white supremacists in law enforcement 10 years ago. Has anything changed?
www.pbs.org...

My receipts^^ and it's not like I haven't been posting this sht as a warning for at least 1/2 a decades now, but ignorance is bliss right??
But folks chose to be blind ..it's ok!!..

edit on 12-6-2020 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
People by and large are very much aware of the entire landscape. We now however live in a society where clicks, ratings, 5 mins of fame mean more than the truth or accepting reality. Who wants to watch the thousands of misses of a trick shot. Nobody wants that truth. They just want to see that impossible shot going in once. Ignore all the good police do. It gets no clicks...meh.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
It's very selective reasoning. Let's cover the 10's of thousands of cases of white police helping and saving black lives over that same span of time and honestly put things in perspective.

I don't listen to Dave because he's talking about what you want to hear, I listen to him because I want to hear what he was to say.

And frankly he's about 1,000% more interesting and articulate to listen to.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Articulate meaning talking about Candence Owens # stinking. If that's articulate to you no reason Trump got elected. A lot of people feel the same way.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Police do alot of good. But bad deeds should be highlighted otherwise they go unnoticed. Like cops who used civil forfeiture laws to steal people's money.

The problem is that humanity tends to enjoy operating in extremes. Like defund the police or "all lives matter". It's hard for a society to address the grey areas that aren't black and white.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Police do alot of good. But bad deeds should be highlighted otherwise they go unnoticed. Like cops who used civil forfeiture laws to steal people's money.

The problem is that humanity tends to enjoy operating in extremes. Like defund the police or "all lives matter". It's hard for a society to address the grey areas that aren't black and white.

And they are more often than not dealt with like this case 5 years ago involving a whole town's police dept. FEDS rolled in and dealt with them. The people however did not burn down half the town and start murdering other people and looting businesses over it.

www.nola.com...
edit on 12-6-2020 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Ok FAM here goes
FBI warned of white supremacists in law enforcement 10 years ago. Has anything changed?
www.pbs.org...

My receipts^^ and it's not like I haven't been posting this sht as a warning for at least 1/2 a decades now, but ignorance is bliss right??
But folks chose to be blind ..it's ok!!..

So your source is an opinion piece written by a leftist journalist on PBS. Digging through the article, I did find the FBI memo.

FBI Bulletin

However, the bulletin is really just stating the obvious. Criminal organizations sometimes infiltrate law enforcement because they can gleam information. Many criminal organizations also can overlap with white supremacist (think biker gang).

The bulletin and article references a handful of instances. However, again, the data shows now significant systematic racism at a macro level by police.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Yea despite the disagreements in this thread Chappelle is one of the best comedians ever IMO. He can go on stage with some notes and wing most of the material but still make it funny or interesting.

I heard how when he was reclusive (after his show ended) how he would sometimes go out in public and just start doing an unannounced stand up in the streets. True comedian.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Well yea.. most people don't agree with the riots. It was bad for the BLM message but the explosive energy was bound to have this effect unfortunately.

BLM groups failed on that front. It should be pointed out.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I feel like we're looking at the new (old) george carlin.

And he's right stand up comedians are the last public place were a person can freely speak their mind and get away with it.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Articulate meaning talking about Candence Owens # stinking.

Yeah, particularly that since it got you triggered.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
I feel like we're looking at the new (old) george carlin.

Yeah, I agree on that point.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

How do you feel about the term white on white crime?

Does it sound silly or not?

Kinda like saying person on person or human on human crime, right.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

How's the military in regards to sexism?

Asking for a female friend interested in joining the Navy...

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Bruh??... this source is no damn opinion piece, if you were willing to investigate for your self you'd see I'm not bull shting ya, you have research skills used them and stop being intellectually dishonest..it's beneath you frankly, lets disagree over the what the fact actually means not the facts themselves.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

How do you feel about the term white on white crime?

Does it sound silly or not?

Kinda like saying person on person or human on human crime, right.

Most murders occur within one's race and typically victim and murderer are acquainted.

Most whites kill other whites and most blacks kill other blacks.

The reason you hear black on black crime so much is because blacks commit far higher rates of murder than white people.

Black people only make up 13% of the population but account for 50% of the murders. Also, there are exponentially more blacks murdering white people than whites murdering black people.

In Chicago, the poster child for urban violence, 80% of the murder victims are black. The rest are hispanic. You can literally count on one hand the number of white people murdered.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

You seem to be the person who has the numbers on these issues.

How do the numbers compare of whites vs blacks when it comes to sentencing and criminal charges?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Not sure if this is still a problem, but i remember reporting rape or sexual harassment was very hard in the miliary. Because the military didn't want a bad reputation on that.

A few veteran women were talking about their experiences a 4-6 years ago and how the military did everything to ignore them. Can't remember the details though.

I remember that ,too and it usually concerned the officer corps and within my ex - organization the Navy, and pilots to boot..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join