It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fifth State of Matter Created Aboard ISS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

This is very cool news, this makes me think that if matter becomes one state and waveform, could we be seeing computers interacting with our psychical world? Changing matter by its wave, hacking the very matter around us.

1:20 on this video kind of shows what I am getting at.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimObergThis is one of those opportunistic 'shot in the dark' gambles made possible ONLY by the ISS and astronaut crew.

Silly fool, BEC's have been made on Earth years ago. This is not only made possible due to ISS, it's just the first time in space.
edit on 14-6-2020 by ziplock9000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

1:20 on this video kind of shows what I am getting at.
Some people want magic to be true, and they hear scientists say quantum mechanics is weird, so they hope that it can make magic come true. It doesn't work that way. Quantum mechanics may not be fully understood but the equations for it seem to accurately predict what will happen. They can predict some things that seem odd to us like entanglement and the "fifth state of matter", which turned out to be true as observed in experiment, but odd is not magic.

could we be seeing computers interacting with our psychical world? Changing matter by its wave, hacking the very matter around us.
It's sort of like asking if quantum woo is true. There are plenty of people saying it's true, but that doesn't mean it's true.

Quantum woo is the justification of irrational beliefs by an obfuscatory reference to quantum physics. Buzzwords like "energy field", "probability wave", or "wave-particle duality" are used to magically turn thoughts into something tangible in order to directly affect the universe.

There's a movie called "What the bleep do we know?" That movie tries to imply that since quantum mechanics is weird, maybe maybe it's not so weird to talk about the spirit of a Lemurian warrior who lived 15,000 years ago. But there's really nothing in the equations of quantum mechanics that I've seen to support either that Lemurian warrior spirit or the Hollywood magic in your movie clip.

There was another movie called "The Matrix". If that was actually true then the computers could do anything, you could even stop bullets by thinking about it, or do the magic in your Hollywood movie clip. But I don't see any evidence the real world works that way.

Quantum woo

originally posted by: ziplock9000

originally posted by: JimObergThis is one of those opportunistic 'shot in the dark' gambles made possible ONLY by the ISS and astronaut crew.

Silly fool, BEC's have been made on Earth years ago. This is not only made possible due to ISS, it's just the first time in space.
As I said on page 1:

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
a reply to: JimOberg
It's great to be able to study longer lived Bose-Einstein condensates in space.

The longer lived Bose-Einstein condensates studied in space have never been observed in the higher gravity of Earth because the gravity has so far made them too unstable to last that long. Drop chambers have been used to create microgravity for some BEC experiments during freefall of a dropped experiment, but they have some limitations.

<< 1  2   >>

join