It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While we're banning things, let's ban rap music. Now.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Since we're on the subject, why not ban liberalism, public education (force private) and a host of other things some/most "don't like." Ban hollyweird also. Liberal MSM/talk shows? Gone. Eco friendly cars? Thing of the past!

Obviously this is a bad idea, but hey why not?
edit on 6/13/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Oh yeah, one more thing, Japi. Materialism is horrible. As you suggested, that is another major problem. Thankfully, I have been lucky enough to connect with people (both platoniclly and romantically) despite not having a Lambo
They just kind of have to come to terms with me driving a Prius, haha!

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Well , Afro American Rap Specifically Started Out " Back In The Day " as a Musical , Poetic , Emotional Way Of Proud Young Black Men Expressing Themselves about the Present World that Surrounds them . Sometimes it got a Little Risque , but often was somewhat Profound about the Musings of being Alive in a Country that seems to Want to Ignore their Plight . A True Art Form IMO . In that Regard I Think Rap back then was Exceptional . Today ? Ugh ...

edit on 13-6-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I won't debate you on that. Rap, in my opinion, has become something it wasn't intended to be. Only my opinion, but I doubt that the early pioneers would like what is being made today.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hello12345
In my post, I said that not all rap is bad, there are several rappers that I like. I could of been more specific. I am talking more so about mainstream rap that is over sexualized, often violent, and glorifies a lot of the things that are wrong in American society. Yes, pop and rock are just as bad, maybe worse in ways. Also, by whore, I was talking more about celebrities whoring themselves out, not actual prostitutes.

Yes, i understood. But i should have been more specific, not you. But you must see beautiful things in American society. Yes, this thread is about bad examples but i think they are cool. Americans. Obviously not everyone. What was your population again, 330 million? I bet that there are 20 million A holes. 20 million really pleasant wonderful people. The rest are just everyday people who just want to live their life in peace with liberties given to them by the constitution.

USA is a great superpower, but from an European viewpoint, the nation seems divided. You are for Trump, Or you are against Trump. And then there are disagreements. Like... the gray middle ground is gone. You have to pick a side or you will not be taken seriously at all. I apologize. Scandinavian rambling. You know better, you live your life there.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Well , Afro American Rap Specifically Started Out " Back In The Day " as a Musical , Poetic , Emotional Way Of Proud Young Black Men Expressing Themselves about the Present World that Surrounds them . Sometimes it got a Little Risque , but often was somewhat Profound about the Musings of being Alive in a Country that seems to Want to Ignore their Plight . A True Art Form IMO . In that Regard I Think Rap back then was Exceptional . Today ? Ugh ...

There is awesome rap still. But it is a "needle in a haystack" issue. The early rap scene had also that benefit, that fists and feet were unnecessary to fight. Freestyle rap battle. Loser takes shame and winner takes fame glory.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Hip Hop started out really quite positive.. until the CIA got involved.

Same with their invention of "modern art' to facilitate money laundering.

I do agree that children shouldn't be listening to modern day rap though - most of it is negative bullsh•t.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Multiculturalism is a failed experiment. It is sad, cause i get along with everyone. But i see it's inherent end.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Materialism is the biggest theme in rap; gold everything, throwing money around, Beverly hills lifestyles, expensive cars, etc. Misogyny is a close second where women are reduced to sexual resources to be used and thrown away. Add in posing with guns to look "hard' and resistance to authority of all kinds legitimate or not.

Walk in any convenience store and what will you hear? Rap/hip-hop. It's become our music by cultural default. This was no random event but an intentional capture of a musical style and used to relentlessly push the above values (or lack thereof).

It's part of social conditioning being used to bring us down as individuals and as society. Any positive messages like those posed by rappers like Public Enemy and KRS One have been drowned out. You can trace it back to NWA which was a somewhat real message from those living in ghettos and the pervasive gang culture created by harsh drug laws.

Banning? Aw hell no!
We would never have bands like Dead Kennedys.
The solution is positive music.
edit on 13-6-2020 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Then ban all music.
Listen to Kary Perry's garbage about getting wasted and kicked out of bars. Listen to Motley Crue taking advantage of the women they drugged in the back of the bar. That isn't rap.
Ban all music why don't we?

Only a fool fights with censorship.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Materialism is the biggest theme in rap; gold everything, throwing money around, Beverly hills lifestyles, expensive cars, etc. Misogyny is a close second where women are reduced to sexual resources to be used and thrown away. Add in posing with guns to look "hard' and resistance to authority of all kinds legitimate or not.

You speak the truth. That makes me sad... uh... sad is a wrong word, let's say frustrated.

98% of rap is that garbage. And finding the remaining 2% is a full-time job.

I am enthusiastic about rap. Some songs start out really promising. Then comes the Ferraris and somehow woman is just an object which can be treated in any way whatsoever. Instant song change then, and some nausea.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Lol... you think all music today is not made with samples pads midi triggers. You’re right 98% is wrong all music today is made with those tools. Been producing records and cutting tape for some time, and the tool isn’t what makes the talent you fool...
You’re just being pretentious elitist if you think only you take the time to create your own art, and using a rubbber pad instead of a metal string is less art. At least you’ve probably heard the music I’ve been involved with, sitting in your room with an acoustic instrument has been played out. It’s not creative when you play the same 4 chords you learned from wonder wall...

a reply to: MarkOfTheV

edit on 14-6-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Rap is just a genre. It's a choice that people decide to fill it with sh!tty lyrics. 98% is harsh though. I much rather listen to rap than country. Even if the lyrics aren't good, the beat can at least be interesting.

It's all about taste though.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Don't have to read your OP, the title is enough for me...where's the petition and how soon can i sign it?

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

That's not MY logic, that is YOUR logic LOL. You're the one that wants to ban Rap Music because of the message. Did I say ban everything that has a parental advisory? absolutely not. Read and comprehend. I never said that or even hinted at it. Wherever you got that idea I have no clue but that is FAR from what I said.

And my response is totally in line with the theme of the thread. You want to ban Rap music and I countered it with a reason why it shouldn't be and that PARENTS should be held accountable.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
You didn't mention rap music glorifies most and condones MURDER...black on black murder to be exact. They actually joke and make it comical.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
I was just reading an article that featured a long list of things the black lives matter crowd is demanding we ban.
Demands, demands, and more demands. Every five minutes, a new demand. History is being rewritten before our eyes.

Since The Constitution and free speech dont matter to them, why should it matter to the rest of us in this case? I recommend banning rap music. In fact, we should demand it. It's corrupting young people across the board. Black, white, hispanic, and Asian. How can we allow this travesty?

Here's a partial list of the negative things that rap music not only promotes, but glorifies:
Drug and alcohol abuse, sexual assault, objectification of women, gun culture, gang culture, homophobia, and yes, RACISM!

The black lives matter folks are throwing a hissy fit over a confederate general that died 150 years ago, but apparently this
stuff is just fine & dandy:

These songs speak of extreme violence, including murder and torture of innocent people (including children), filling whole swimming pools with blood, cannibalism, and even necrophelia.
Violent Rap

NPR says rap is bad. Isnt NPR a favorite of pandering, liberal SJWs?

Whilst temporarily living here in the U.S, I've grown quite fond of its strange people and the music they call 'Country'. However, I have to keep hearing that ridiculous song they call a national anthem, what is this clap-trap? It sounds like fingernails being dragged slowly across a chalk board and should be banned immediately and replaced with something more palatable. Something like the British national anthem which has a proper tune and is far more regal than this back water onslaught of the eardrums.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mailman
You didn't mention rap music glorifies most and condones MURDER...black on black murder to be exact. They actually joke and make it comical.

I imagine this awful racket you American folk call a national anthem has driven more than a few good citizens to murder. If I have to hear it one more time I may join Van Gogh in slicing not one but both of my ears off for some sweet relief.
edit on 15-6-2020 by DougHole64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Finspiracy

Rap is just a genre. It's a choice that people decide to fill it with sh!tty lyrics. 98% is harsh though. I much rather listen to rap than country. Even if the lyrics aren't good, the beat can at least be interesting.

It's all about taste though.

Yes blueman12 you are right.

But i can listen to country too. And imagine that i am driving the endless highways of USA in a red pickup truck. I can listen to some really rough heavy metal. Trend is to dislike pop, but there is pop music made with style and effort. I listen to that too. Rockabilly? yes, sometimes. But rap is my favorite. It just... I think it should be lyrical statements about what is faulty in society. It should not be about that i am a millionaire and i have women everywhere.

And lastly, and most importantly: autotune is a hate crime.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

Don't have to read your OP, the title is enough for me...where's the petition and how soon can i sign it?

Okay i see. You have book burning mentality. That has worked every time huh

Oh... Great Britain... Maybe if you were American, you would understand the concept of freedom of speech.

I dislike optimistic sceptics now. And i refuse that anyone's "mood status" is Cool.

Let's ban you. Where do i sign?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join