It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While we're banning things, let's ban rap music. Now.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
They demanded merriam webster change the defintition for racism.

When is the bridge too far ?

Probably not until they start marching us off to the ovens, and by then it will be too late.

link   
You missed the point of the thread utterly.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: ColeYounger

While I would enjoy the irony, I can't agree.

We should never fight censorship with more censorship.

You don't fight book burners with a bigger pyre.

Let them, let the left become the party of censorship, hatred and fewer freedoms.

They are already.

I agree in principle, but we have cops being fired because they said "Black lives only matter to black people if they’re killed by a white person" on social media. Seems bizarre to do nothing to, or even glorify and make a millionaire, someone who pens a song "f**k da police," yes?

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

In a similar vein, if we're going to destroy statues of the Confederacy because it "glorifies individuals who picked up arms against the US government," we need to tear down all those indian chief statues like Sitting Bull, Geronimo, and Crazy Horse.
a reply to: burdman30ott6

good I wass waiting for this to come up. In trying to understand a liberal friend of mine as I was asking him how george floyd is conncted to a columbus 500 year old explorer. and why its okay for a staue of his to be pulled down.

I wanted to ask should we put and asterisk next to FDR's name for the interment of japanesse Americans'. SHould we tear down FDR statues?

How far do we go??

edit on 11-6-2020 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: neo96
They demanded merriam webster change the defintition for racism.

When is the bridge too far ?

Probably not until they start marching us off to the ovens, and by then it will be too late.

Corporate Wokism is giving them money to build those ovens.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Once we destroy our own history, then they can remake it in their image and revolution can proceed apace.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: DBCowboy

We should never fight censorship with more censorship. You don't fight book burners with a bigger pyre.

As a believer in The Constitution, I would normally agree. But this is not a normal circumstance, These militants cannot be reasoned with. They will never acquiesce or agree to any resolutions. All they do is demand.

This is a case of fighting fire with fire. They need to see some serious pushback.

If they ban speech, speak.
If they ban books, write.
If they ban music, sing.
If they ban art, paint.

If you do, these days, they ban you.

"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”
-George R. R. Martin

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Cold comfort the tongueless man.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

a reply to: American-philosopher

Once we destroy our own history, then they can remake it in their image and revolution can proceed apace.

They'll replace it with Leninism.

And build statues in honor.

Like in Seattle.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

yeah I know. But its like how is a statue, an inanimate object effecting you and triggering you??

this is some thing I just don;t understand

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -George R. R. Martin

You're one of my favorite ATSers, and this may be the only time Ive disagreed with you.
I think there are times that call for putting the higher ideals on the back burner, and taking on the enemy. War.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

They'll replace it with Leninism.

And build statues in honor.

Like in Seattle.
a reply to: neo96

I am triggered by you're Seattle joke.

I am protesting you now! PROTEST PROTEST!

(just kidding)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I dunno, i've been listening to a lot of this song lately

It feels relevant to current events.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: ketsuko

yeah I know. But its like how is a statue, an inanimate object effecting you and triggering you??

this is some thing I just don;t understand

I don't understand it either.

There were lots of times growing up that I was the only girl doing something. I was the only girl on the scholar's bowl team and the only freshman to make the varsity team. I was often the only girl in a science classroom or one of maybe two or three at most. I was the only girl in debate.

These days, someone would tell me I should feel intimidated by that and alienated. It didn't really occur much to me then. I took pride in being the only one, whether it was the only one who would or the only one who could.

Girls these days are a bunch of whiny panty waists to let a little thing like pictures men all men intimidate them and bring them down. So what? You want to be up there? Work your butt off and do it! No one ever said you couldn't, except you.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

We should never fight censorship with more censorship. You don't fight book burners with a bigger pyre.

As a believer in The Constitution, I would normally agree. But this is not a normal circumstance, These militants cannot be reasoned with. They will never acquiesce or agree to any resolutions. All they do is demand.

This is a case of fighting fire with fire. They need to see some serious pushback.

If they ban music, sing.
If they ban art, paint.

"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”
-George R. R. Martin

That should be posted on Facebook and Twitter.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I think that will be the best for last.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma

What? White youngsters wailing and gnashing their teeth cuz they banned rap music?

We will show those whities once and for all!!

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

If they ban music, sing.
If they ban art, paint.

-George R. R. Martin

I almost forgot ... silence is violence.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Then I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

It's all good.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
They torched the Lincoln monument in Chicago!

The guy that started the civil war.

The great emanicipator!

I find that more offensive than making Rap NC-17.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join