It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While we're banning things, let's ban rap music. Now.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I was just reading an article that featured a long list of things the black lives matter crowd is demanding we ban.
Demands, demands, and more demands. Every five minutes, a new demand. History is being rewritten before our eyes.

Since The Constitution and free speech dont matter to them, why should it matter to the rest of us in this case? I recommend banning rap music. In fact, we should demand it. It's corrupting young people across the board. Black, white, hispanic, and Asian. How can we allow this travesty?

Here's a partial list of the negative things that rap music not only promotes, but glorifies:
Drug and alcohol abuse, sexual assault, objectification of women, gun culture, gang culture, homophobia, and yes, RACISM!

The black lives matter folks are throwing a hissy fit over a confederate general that died 150 years ago, but apparently this
stuff is just fine & dandy:

These songs speak of extreme violence, including murder and torture of innocent people (including children), filling whole swimming pools with blood, cannibalism, and even necrophelia.
Violent Rap

NPR says rap is bad. Isnt NPR a favorite of pandering, liberal SJWs?

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
While we're banning things, let's ban rap music. Now.

Elmer Fudd it.

Yes Elmer Fudd it.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

100% agree.
Rap is not music.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

While I would enjoy the irony, I can't agree.

We should never fight censorship with more censorship.

You don't fight book burners with a bigger pyre.

Let them, let the left become the party of censorship, hatred and fewer freedoms.

They are already.

link   
Taking the gun away from an old cartoon character is just pandering.

Kids today don't know who he is and only serves to pander and piss old people off.

Good luck banning rap music though, too many white people make too much money off the major labels

edit on 11-6-2020 by AScrubWhoDied because: (no reason given)

link   
They should ban rap anyway purely because it's ****

I have been saying this for a long time, rap glorifies violence, drug use and objectification of women, quite clearly aswell. A prime example is Kanye West's "I love it", where he's dressed up as a Minecraft character.

I'll provide a link to the lyrics (the term lyrics is used very loosely), cannot post the lyrics in here as I'll likely be breaking the t&C's.

Kanye West - I love it lyrics

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

i cant stand Rap, so I dont buy it or listen to it, but banning it seems odd, may I ask what has been banned at the moment, and by banned do you mean illegal ? (has a government somewhere introduced new laws)
edit on 11-6-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: edit

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
I was just reading an article that featured a long list of things the black lives matter crowd is demanding we ban.
Demands, demands, and more demands. Every five minutes, a new demand. History is being rewritten before our eyes.

Since The Constitution and free speech dont matter to them, why should it matter to the rest of us in this case? I recommend banning rap music. In fact, we should demand it. It's corrupting young people across the board. Black, white, hispanic, and Asian. How can we allow this travesty?

Here's a partial list of the negative things that rap music not only promotes, but glorifies:
Drug and alcohol abuse, sexual assault, objectification of women, gun culture, gang culture, homophobia, and yes, RACISM!

The black lives matter folks are throwing a hissy fit over a confederate general that died 150 years ago, but apparently this
stuff is just fine & dandy:

These songs speak of extreme violence, including murder and torture of innocent people (including children), filling whole swimming pools with blood, cannibalism, and even necrophelia.
Violent Rap

NPR says rap is bad. Isnt NPR a favorite of pandering, liberal SJWs?

If they ban rap music, a lot of the younger white people will be mighty upset. After all, 70-80% of rap/hip hop music is bought by white people.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Eh, don't ban it. Just ban certain things in the lyrics.

I understand that rap is an important part of their cultural expression musically, so let them turn out rhymes and beats, but let them avoid all the drugs, sex, cop-killing, raping, etc.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

That's no bad thing either.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

What? White youngsters wailing and gnashing their teeth cuz they banned rap music?

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Churchhousecreeper

They should ban rap anyway purely because it's ****

I've been saying that for over 30 years.

It's inflitrated every movie, and television show.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We should never fight censorship with more censorship. You don't fight book burners with a bigger pyre.

As a believer in The Constitution, I would normally agree. But this is not a normal circumstance, These militants cannot be reasoned with. They will never acquiesce or agree to any resolutions. All they do is demand.

This is a case of fighting fire with fire. They need to see some serious pushback.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

In a similar vein, if we're going to destroy statues of the Confederacy because it "glorifies individuals who picked up arms against the US government," we need to tear down all those indian chief statues like Sitting Bull, Geronimo, and Crazy Horse.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Yeah lets just bann stuff we don;t agree with or understand or like.

this is a supposed to be a funny/sarcastic thread right?

nobody is actually serious about bannning rap ?

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

We should never fight censorship with more censorship. You don't fight book burners with a bigger pyre.

As a believer in The Constitution, I would normally agree. But this is not a normal circumstance, These militants cannot be reasoned with. They will never acquiesce or agree to any resolutions. All they do is demand.

This is a case of fighting fire with fire. They need to see some serious pushback.

If they ban speech, speak.
If they ban books, write.
If they ban music, sing.
If they ban art, paint.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

i cant stand Rap, so I dont buy it or listen to it, but banning it seems odd, may I ask what has been banned at the moment, and by banned do you mean illegal ? (has a government somewhere introduced new laws)

The blm folks and their colleagues are demanding EVERYTHING they disagree with be banned. Children's books, classic literature, movies, TV, advertisements, etc. ANY and all art they find offensive. Paintings, sculptures, etc.
Names of military bases, schools, towns, streets. And on it goes.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma

originally posted by: ketsuko

What? White youngsters wailing and gnashing their teeth cuz they banned rap music?

What you thought I would disagree because ... white?

Those are all toxic topics and no one should consume a steady diet of them. Corn syrup is likely healthier.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If they ban speech, speak.
If they ban books, write.
If they ban music, sing.
If they ban art, paint.

If you do, these days, they ban you.

link   
They demanded merriam webster change the definition for racism.

When is the bridge too far ?
edit on 11-6-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join