It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems fuming about.... spy planes? In DC?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Sure, its a restricted airspace. Plenty of legitimate authorized government flights in that area. Smells like a paranoid conspiracy theory to me. First they see Russians under every bed, in every closet and behind every closed door. Now this?

www.cnn.com...

Come on CNN, you have to do better than this. What's next, Black Helicopters?
edit on 6/11/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The plane was only one of several aircraft -- both piloted and unpiloted -- that CNN has been able to track flying over protests in Washington, Minneapolis and Las Vegas. Government watchdogs fear the planes were used to track protesters and perhaps capture cell phone data.

www.cnn.com...

I'm calling BS.

NSA doesn't need planes with 'dirt boxes'.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

The government's use of surveillance planes to watch over those protesting the police killing of George Floyd has captured the attention of nearly three dozen Democrats in Congress who want to know whether the planes -- typically equipped with live video cameras and heat sensors -- were used for "surveilling of Americans engaged in peaceful protests."

That's some more BS

We're those 'peace' Molotov cocktails being thrown at secret service agents ?

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I think I read that the Justice Department has given
special surveillance permission for 14 days.

So yeah, cell phones and other devices,
facial recognition etc.

I normally wouldn't be hip on such a thing
but since a lot of these people are being
paid by Soros though his NGO's, crossing state
lines to incite riots...I think it is fair game.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

The RC-26 over Washington was monitoring several things.

The aircraft—the presence of which over the District of Columbia prompted Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) to take to Twitter in search of answers—“is responding to a District of Columbia National Guard request to provide airborne situational awareness of key lines of communication and critical infrastructure within the District,” Robinson wrote in response to a query from the magazine.

www.airforcemag.com...

I've spotted the RC-26 over Vegas many times over the last year or so. It's a fairly common mission in the area, so was probably unrelated to the protests. Those flights are scheduled in advance usually, so this was probably on the books before anything started.
edit on 6/11/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
what the !

CNN just want to see america burn
I wonder what else they are doing to work against the government.
These "spy" planes are there to help the police, if they are that.
Why would you write a critical article about that.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if they used the already scheduled training to test new tech or just get a bit of more realistic training though. I mean why let the scenario go to waste...it would cost big bucks to stage such a training scenario.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

It's not uncommon to use real world scenarios for training, so they may have. But it wasn't originally set up to monitor the protests as suggested in the article, if they did.

My personal favorite with training and the real world though is the B-52 training they do. There was a video a few years ago of a B-52 using someone's yard as their "target" as they flew over.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: RickyD

It's not uncommon to use real world scenarios for training, so they may have. But it wasn't originally set up to monitor the protests as suggested in the article, if they did.

My personal favorite with training and the real world though is the B-52 training they do. There was a video a few years ago of a B-52 using someone's yard as their "target" as they flew over.

Man that homeowner (and entire area) had to be glad that was just a training mission

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I was actually surprised people didn't lose their minds when that video came out. Luckily it was on an aviation channel.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Zaphod, please correct me if I'm wrong, but not even the new B-21 Raider will compete with the B-52 in terms of how much it can carry and its mighty presence

The fact it has a 100 year (I think) service life is equally impressive

I am surprised nobody lost their minds over that either
Heck no harm done IMO, I trust our men & women in uniform not to level an American city/town (intentionally or otherwise!) Although a few of the close calls with H Bombs over the years are cringe worthy

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The B-1 has the heaviest payload capacity, at 75,000 pounds. The B-52 comes in at 70,000 pounds. The B-2 is at 40,000 pounds. The B-21 is actually designed as a medium bomber, with ISR and limited air to air capabilities, so it can serve as its own recon and self defense platform. The B-52 is the most recognizable and feared platform of them all though.

The still missing H bombs are the ones that make me cringe the most.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The FBI, under Obama used aircraft surveillance over the 2015 Baltimore riots.
Washington Post

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
The FBI, under Obama used aircraft surveillance over the 2015 Baltimore riots.
Washington Post

Yea, but OMB, right? You can't hold their savior accountable for anything, you know that.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
LoL
They Should be paranoid . ongoing OPS
Drain the Swamp !
Flashback - last year but it continued with funding

Army Lets Slip That It’s Conducting Secret Operation Around D.C.

The Pentagon has revealed a few details about a secret Army mission that has Black Hawk helicopters flying missions over the Washington, D.C., area backed by active-duty and reserve soldiers.

The mysterious classified operation was disclosed when the Army asked Congress for approval to shift funds to provide an extra $1.55 million for aircraft maintenance, air crews and travel in support of an “emerging classified flight mission.”
“Soldiers from assault helicopter company and aviation maintenance units will be supporting the mission with 10 UH-60s and maintenance capabilities for four months,” according to the document, referring to the Black Hawks. The money will also pay for a specialized “Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility” at Davison Army Airfield at Fort Belvoir, Virginia, just outside Washington.

edit on 6122020 by MetalThunder because: WAKE UP

top topics

join