It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ARK: Survival Evolved Free on Epic Now.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I know Epic is the Devil but this week the Devil is giving away ARK: Survival Evolved so anyone with an Epic account can pick the game up for free.
Ark is currently retailing at £44 on Steam and holds a Very Positive user review score.

Stranded on the shores of a mysterious island, you must learn to survive. Use your cunning to kill or tame the primeval creatures roaming the land, and encounter other players to survive, dominate... and escape!
store.steampowered.com...

I might play or I might not but it's in my account and it cost me nothing , it's also got Dinosaurs you can train and turn into pets ... what more could you want !

So there it is , get it or don't the choice is yours.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

God I hate epic.. I want to like this but it's just a PR shield for all the stupid crap i hate about them.

Glad someone can benefit from epic though.. I Just don't think epic is to be trusted.
edit on 11-6-2020 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I was a huge dinosaur freak when i was a kid. But when I played this game I realized I remember nothing about them, and it became quickly apparent everything wanted to kill me. The learning curve was pretty intense for me and I never got very far

for free is cool tho, especially if you have a smart kid who actually knows which ones are docile

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
I know Epic is the Devil but this week the Devil is giving away ARK: Survival Evolved so anyone with an Epic account can pick the game up for free.
Ark is currently retailing at £44 on Steam and holds a Very Positive user review score.

Stranded on the shores of a mysterious island, you must learn to survive. Use your cunning to kill or tame the primeval creatures roaming the land, and encounter other players to survive, dominate... and escape!
store.steampowered.com...

I might play or I might not but it's in my account and it cost me nothing , it's also got Dinosaurs you can train and turn into pets ... what more could you want !

So there it is , get it or don't the choice is yours.

Been playing Ark since early Alpha..

Awesome game.

Just stick to private PvE or PvP servers..

The official servers have been taken over by ANTIFA..!!

Just kidding...

They have however been overrun by Alpha Tribes (most of which originate in a certain "eastern", region of the world) and playing on a server stripped bare of vegetation, with small buildings everywhere to prevent people from placing their own structure, isn't a lot of fun.

Another fun game to try, which is very similar to Ark is Conan Exiles..

I've not actually been playing much of either lately though..

My inner redneck has surfaced again and I've been diving back into Hunter - Call of the Wild and Russian Fishing 4..
edit on 11-6-2020 by Ironclad3000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Ark is digital crack. My cousin plays it, he's been lost for months in the game. He spends his every waking hour on it. I know someone else who was the same way for a while. The game forces you to be constantly on it. It punishes you for not playing it. People waste years of their lives creating things that are destroyed in seconds the moment you stop playing. It's literally like a drug addiction. You get endorphin rushes while following all the little tasks the Skinner box in game gives you, but if you stop you're punished and every moment you don't play more and more of your time is literally destroyed and taken away from you.

Ark is literally drugs. And I mean that in the original meaning of the word literal.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Ark is digital crack. My cousin plays it, he's been lost for months in the game. He spends his every waking hour on it. I know someone else who was the same way for a while. The game forces you to be constantly on it. It punishes you for not playing it. People waste years of their lives creating things that are destroyed in seconds the moment you stop playing. It's literally like a drug addiction. You get endorphin rushes while following all the little tasks the Skinner box in game gives you, but if you stop you're punished and every moment you don't play more and more of your time is literally destroyed and taken away from you.

Ark is literally drugs. And I mean that in the original meaning of the word literal.

Meh.

Ark is easy to play as a casual gamer.

Once your avatar has leveled, going away and coming back weeks / months later is just a matter of finding a nice secluded spot, gather a few resources and build a little hovel, tame a few dino's to improve your harvesting and bob's your uncle, you're back up and running in about an hour..

It's one of the easiest survival MMO's to start from nothing, provided you already have an established and experienced character.

I have been wiped out by other players multiple times while offline and am usually ready to raid them in revenge within a day or two.

new topics

top topics

join