It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From A White (Jewish) Person To ALL People That Matter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Here is one scenario that can demonstrate the difference between how a white boy can be treated differently by authority, not just cops, but people that have power over the situation at hand. I have had many situations where had I been a different color, the consequences would have vastly different from what transpired with me.

One night, while my parents were out of town, me and 3 buddies went to a festival down by the river, a southern town known for it's BBQ, after we were done drinking beer (Age 16) and eating, we decided to go to the airport for some strange reason, and there we were heading down the airport freeway when the lights went on behind me. In the console glove compartment was an ounce of Acapulco Gold (weed). When I got parked on the side of the road, I got out of the car immediately (The cop did not have gun out) and I was trying to keep him from writing me a ticket or trying to search my car.

He asked me what the hurry was and I told him I was late picking someone up from the airport, he got my license and went back to his vehicle to look me up, no warrants or outstanding tickets, so he asked me if he could search my car and I said I would tell him anything he wanted to know, he asked me if we had any drugs or weapons in the vehicle and had we been drinking...I told him that we had been at the BBQ festival and had a few beers, then I told him we did not have any drugs or weapons in the car, but that I had a bag of weed in my glove box.

The cop (white) said he appreciated my honesty and that if all we had was a little weed and promised to slow down, he gave me a warning and off we went, but the story doesn't end there...I'm just getting started.

Now, we were in the airport, looking for a restaurant to get some food and a store to by some cigarettes, there was always a store open at the airport and I had a credit card (privilege) for gas and I used it often, dad was always gone and this was his way of making sure he had control of my money situation with a limit on the card, I had reached my monthly limit and we decided to leave.

In the car, while in the parking area, I decided it would be fun to do donuts (drive in circles), the asphalt was perfect for screeching the tires and it was fun, the area we were in was empty, for the most part and then I proceeded to the parking attendant, where in the blink of an eye, we were surrounded by Airport Security with weapons drawn. Holy cow.

They made us get down on the ground and handcuffed us, realizing we were teenagers, they were gentle-ish, they could have been much more forceful...they took us to the Head office and started to interrogate us. I did most of the speaking and when we were done, the Supervisor realized we were just joy riding and being delinquents because my parents were out of town. So, what does he do? He tells me to give him my home phone number and ask me how long does it take to get home from the airport, I told him 30 minutes. He said if I do not answer the phone when he calls that he was going to call the police and report the incident at the airport.

I said thank you sir and I was there when he called. This was just one such instance I had dealing with authority and each time being white saved me. But, there were other times where my being white harmed me, and I could share those with you, too, though it doesn't really matter. I am not the only person that has been let go with a warning and every situation is different. The biggest problem we have is Abuse Of Power, not just the police, and all cops do not abuse their power, all judges do not, all politicians do not, and all people do not protest the same way, most are following orders or actions from other people of authority, and color of their skin is not the issue.

Some of the protests are valid and some are coerced and some are rehearsed and some are for looks and some are for anger and some are just looting innocent store owners for the hell of it because they can, all while wearing masks for a virus that conveniently hides faces, just please do not tell me everything being protested is because Black Lives Matter because it is not.

I think Black Lives Matter, I think all innocent lives matter, regardless of color of skin, but these protests against ALL police are racists acts of violence, I get it, you are angry. Does your anger give you the right to behave with impunity? I am angry, does that mean I can walk into your black owned store and ransack you and leave without consequence? Our society has an Abuse Of Power problem. I am white and I have been abused by white people, does that mean I can go blow up a church? No. Does that mean all white people are racists? No.

There are many issues we face in this world today and racism is only one aspect of it, Abuse Of Power covers it all and it starts with one word, GREED.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
your story did the opposite of what you were trying to do... imagine a black teenager still alive past "I have a little weed and had a few"

blacks always meet the "bad apples" coincidentally m... huge coincidence

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
There is little to no racism in real life.
But people do judge and assess their safety around others.
White or black people dressing like gang bangers get the same negative response.

Beyond that obvious situation, there is a large organized group creating race problems
using the media to gain power and divide, or some kind of defense to hide wrong doings by pitting everyone against each other instead of them.

It's obvious and lame....all talks about racism should be laughed at.

Edit...Acapulco?
Was this in the 60's?
edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritofsoul

As a white guy, if I got pulled over with a bag of weed in the car I would be arrested on the spot. If I owned up to having a few drinks, yep, DUI. Get out of the car without being asked? Shot, tazed, etc. Reckless driving such as what you mention? Arrested. How old is this story? You'll have to forgive me, because I don't believe a single word of it.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I was speaking to a group of friends about much the same thing. I think the mess we find ourselves in, comes from the road we have traveled. If you look at where we are as a society, you can see that all around us is a a reflection of what we have become.

I am not saying the days before were "the good old days" the way it is often wistfully portrayed. It is just that it was not socially acceptable, during that time, for you to say openly what you thought, without regard to others, and socially acceptable behavior included a thought of its possibility of causing discomfort or being disrespectful to others.

With the advent of the "me" society, the wave of narcissism has permeated our world with such virility, that it is considered to be normal and expected. Once we started to allow bad, rude, obscene, behavior to be acceptable, we started the development of a world that is not just uncivil but unlivable.

We have created a government devoid of interest in the people, communities were neighbors are strangers, and the police and military view the people as adversaries.

What we see is am ugly reflection of what we have become.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
your story did the opposite of what you were trying to do... imagine a black teenager still alive past "I have a little weed and had a few"

I've seen many times when any race of persons is honest with LEOs about a little weed, they generally just confiscate the weed and let them go with no ticket at all. When they are caught lying, then the LEOs cuff em' and stuff em'. Also, many people like to "passively" resist, and claim they are not resisting.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

BLM Chairman already pushing the No-Police-Zones idea. He wants to arm the worst areas and teach them how to police themselves. Considering Chicago saw their worst Black on Black murder rate in history over Memorial Day weekend. I would simply say this should be interesting if he ends up making it happen. I say let it burn. But ultimately it's not a Black thing, its a thug thing. That's what no one really sees.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Very well put. Quite concisely defines the zeitgeist we overtly inhabit.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Acapulco gold dates the story some... I had similar stories back in the day too as well as hellish ones due to being female. Things really changed after 9/11 here and they got a little too big for their boots. You are right about it being about abuse of power in many professions, I've also had doctors do some really unethical bs too, as well as border guards. None of them represent the majority but the fact the bad ones have no oversight is a huge issue in society and whether we are for or against all these protests I think at the root of it all people just want the abuse of power to stop. I wish things could go back to before 9/11 in some ways and back to the sense of innocent until proven guilty. It seems to have shifted now. I can't even cross borders easy and yet I have no record, can't even get back into Canada without a hassle and I'm Canadian. Stuff like that is just going too far and for that reason I support the protests but not the violence.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Canaanite lives matter !

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well I would swear on a bible the truth of what I wrote, but I do not believe the Bible is true, so, yes, it did happen exactly as I suggested it did...It was 1979 in Memphis, Tn. And you are forgiven. Also, the internet allows for us to pretend who we are, I do not think everything that is written is the truth, just like I think the media is manipulated and facts are reported that are just fiction.

originally posted by: Hypntick

As a white guy, if I got pulled over with a bag of weed in the car I would be arrested on the spot. If I owned up to having a few drinks, yep, DUI. Get out of the car without being asked? Shot, tazed, etc. Reckless driving such as what you mention? Arrested. How old is this story? You'll have to forgive me, because I don't believe a single word of it.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
What a lovely story. I'm gonna tell it to all my kids before bedtime.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I think most police do their job based on the circumstances, they abuse their power under duress and can overreact, but this does not mean we do not need them, criminals exist in every color, who are you going to call 911 for when you need it? The National Guard? The Militia Group down the street? There needs to be a police presence, but there needs to be more accountability too, this is not just about white cops and black people, this is about an abuse of power and that comes from the top.

originally posted by: panoz77

originally posted by: odzeandennz

I've seen many times when any race of persons is honest with LEOs about a little weed, they generally just confiscate the weed and let them go with no ticket at all. When they are caught lying, then the LEOs cuff em' and stuff em'. Also, many people like to "passively" resist, and claim they are not resisting.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Yep Gold was the bomb back then, lol, but things in this country always seem to go in circles. There are many bad apples in position of authority right now, you can start with Trump, but every president has had to endure crisis and have each handled it much better, even Jimmy Carter did a better job. I am not against protest, but I am against violence and using violence because of violence only brings more violence and innocent lives are put in danger. Cops are being distracted by the protests and as a result they are unable to police the community which is a prime opening for criminals of all colors to get away with whatever they want. And now, we have to deal with masks on faces? Who can understand what someone is saying through a mask, I have a hard enough time without them because of my hearing impairment. 9/11 was not even the first domino to fall in our history of abuse of power, that began over 200 years ago and never stopped. What has increased is the ability to manufacture "Fake" news and story lines that are media driven and with access to everyone mostly, of the internet.

originally posted by: igloo
Acapulco gold dates the story some... I had similar stories back in the day too as well as hellish ones due to being female. Things really changed after 9/11 here and they got a little too big for their boots. You are right about it being about abuse of power in many professions, I've also had doctors do some really unethical bs too, as well as border guards. None of them represent the majority but the fact the bad ones have no oversight is a huge issue in society and whether we are for or against all these protests I think at the root of it all people just want the abuse of power to stop. I wish things could go back to before 9/11 in some ways and back to the sense of innocent until proven guilty. It seems to have shifted now. I can't even cross borders easy and yet I have no record, can't even get back into Canada without a hassle and I'm Canadian. Stuff like that is just going too far and for that reason I support the protests but not the violence.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Thanks.

reply to: BoscoMoney

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

And it gets worse from there. You can bet that people with this mentality that we're seeing today, will get seats in various positions and new laws will be made. As the years go by, more and more of what we dare see as taboo will be out and open for all to see and display at will in the future.

This is how we progress... Not progress

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Gotta be honest, I read that story about a 16 year old with a credit card, weed, money for beers and food, a car capable of doing donuts, and lenient cops and I see class privilege, which is the real problem where cops are concerned. That said, there's an easy solution to that which involves busting your ass and moving yourself up into the upper middle class and above.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I have found that groups of people are nearly always trash. Individuals not so much. Once you start putting people into abstract categories they become less than human. The only way you can get a good estimate of a person is individually and in person. Otherwise, you're just working from a stereotype.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I got pulled over in the middle of the night for speeding in East Texas. (a speed trap zone of mythic proportions)

I had a 350z 6Speed Convertible, expired insurance and tags, and I was 22. The car and registration WAS in my name, and the car was maybe a year old. I was maybe doing 10 or 15 over.

I was cool and cordial, he told me to get it all checked out, and I went out my way with a verbal warning.

Maybe it's cuz I was white... maybe its cuz my Z was white... maybe its cuz it was stock, no mufflers, no stereo. Or maybe its because the inside of my car was very clean and a flashlight only showed a nice car interior and a not a pigsty that could be holding knives or weed baggies.

ORRRR maybe it's cuz I conducted myself professionally and didn't try to bullS%# the officer.

I've also had cops accuse me of running from them and had to do a green laser test in the middle of the night. Got off with a warning. Once again tho, I was cool and cordial.

I've seen first hand how difficult some people can be in a variety of situations, and many times the people I see being the most belligerent and difficult are... you guessed it... ______ people.

I'm inclined to believe that if you just be cool the cops won't screw with you...

edit on 11-6-2020 by MarkOfTheV because: HAD a Z... not have...
those were the days haha

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
"But, there were other times where my being white harmed me, and I could share those with you, too, though it doesn't really matter."

You lost me right there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join