It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Community

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
You strike me as someone who needs to be beat over the head with something before it makes sense to you...

a reply to: Liquesence

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DOcean
There has been a lot of talk about "The Black Community" in recent weeks. Can anyone show me, on a map, where this community is located?

I would assume that "The Black Community" would be located in the part of town where black on black crime is not rampant; where one black man is not shooting another, every night.

I would assume that "The Black Community" would be a special place where black children are raised in two-parent households, not like the rest of the nation where 2/3 of black children are raised by a single parent.

I would image that this "Black community" wouldn't have a massively high rate of incarceration, given its relation to the population as a whole.

I would assume that "Black Lives Matter" all the time within "The Black Community", not simply where a white person, especially a white person of authority, is involved.

See, if my neighbor were having a domestic issue in his own home, and I decided to ridicule him for the problem, demand he fix it as well as tell him how to fix it, when I, all the while, had rampant domestic issues in my own home, I would be a massive hypocrite? Don't you agree?

I’ve got a question for you;

Why don’t you pose your question, directly, to the Black Community of ATS?

You know, the multitude of loyal ATS “patriots” who just happen to be Black as well?

Certainly there must be lots of them, right?

And if not,

Why not?

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Do you really want to know? I can give you lots of reasons that are well supported by science and simple observation.

Are you at all familiar with generational poverty and its epigenetic effects on people?

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Pretty sure hes just trolling the pit with nonsense.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I know more middle aged and older blacks. Around here, they are just another citizen usually, you got some younger ones living in the housing projects, but many of them own houses or rent and go work and shop just like everyone does. I would bet around here that the majority of the blacks were working before the covid scare. Around here much of the laid off people are still not working, the governor made a mess out of things around here, including the hospitals. They had very few covid patients and could not do a lot of procedures, so the hospitals are really hurting now.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DOcean

It's not really designated as a black community area. Just a place where they are all funneling into. This is due to government housing and where HUD focuses. Similar to Mexican communities. They live there because they don't speak English and refuse to learn the language or gel into society. Everyone is "against" them. Nevermind they have lots of drugs, single mothers, deadbeat dads that contribute to their problems. But, their politicians tell them it's not their fault at all. It's everyone else besides them. They be victims.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
No, Mate. I think you're going to have to break this one down for me.

"Mate"? Sounds like you're not from America. So you're going to school me on how things go here, based on stuff you've read on the internet?

See, this truly is the free, land of opportunity. We don't honor kill. We don't cut off hands of thieves. We don't behead adulterers. We don't mutilate genitals. We don't cane our criminals. We don't do any of the inhumane, barbaric things they do to people in other countries.

We even have programs in place, directed toward the people we feel that we've slighted in the past!

That said, we are certainly not perfect. It hasn't always been this way. But, part of that FREEDOM allows you to leave and relocate anywhere in the world, any time you want.

Oh wait...unless your country of choice won't take you in. Which is a very real possibility.

What you're not told, "mate", is that this all started a couple decades ago. A woman spilled hot coffee on herself in a drive thru. She was apparently quite scalded and quite upset. Rather than saying to herself, "That was stupid. I should have been more careful with that coffee that I knew was very hot", she felt that this was someone else's fault and took legal action.

Astonishingly, she was awarded appx $3m American damages. For spilling hot coffee on herself.

Now, this may not have been the actual synthesis of our current cultural dilemma; the one where none of us are responsible for our own actions. It is however, the first incident that I remember. This issue, or one similar to it that occurred years before, began to snowball. Suddenly everything was someone else's fault. There was no accountability. We abandoned all reason and started functioning purely from our feelings.

And with the advent of social media, someone in Orange County, CA identified with someone else's butthurt feelings in Atlanta, GA, at damn near the speed of light. Every perceived injustice was thrown out there for all to see and feel, allowing for the development of social justice warriors (similar to yesterdays, "rebel without a cause") and virtue signalers. These things couldn't possibly be a result of any of our own choices (like the choice to be offended), so naturally, it must be someone else's fault. Suddenly, we have a nationwide...no...global network of victims who are offended by everything and take accountability for nothing.

Some wise man once said, "life is what you make of it".

Have people in this country been oppressed, historically? Certainly. Does it still happen? Probably.

Everyone endures hardship. But, most everyone has a choice.

If you don't like your social status, change it.
If you don't like your level of education, change it.
If you don't like your neighborhood, change it.
If you don't like your economic situation, change it.
If you don't like your job, change it.
If your friends keep putting you in bad situations, change it.

And so on.

But 9/10 times, if you are not happy with some aspect of your life, there is a good change that the choices you have made that led you there and leave you stuck there; NOT because of something that happened to your ancestors; the ones you never cared about until they provided you another excuse, and not because of the racism.

It's easy to scream "RACISM". Everyone will look. It doesn't require you to do any of the heavy lifting involved in changing your own situation.

But if you truly feel that there is an oppressor preventing you from making any of these changes (and not just your mom who lives on the main level above you), please let me know and I will personally do everything in my power to help you take care of it.

If I make it sound easy, it's because it is. It's called Accountability

a reply to: Kurokage

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
And to further sink your BS "Systemic and cultural racism" comment...

Explain to me how there are SO F*%king many rich black athletes and entertainers in our country? How is it that the predominant pop culture in America is so heavily black influenced?

Seems like if we had such a problem of systemic and cultural racism in this country we would want to keep these people "in their place", no?

NBA - 75% black - $7.7m avg yearly salary (You'll never see that much money in your life!)
NFL - 68% black - $2.7m avg salary
MLB - 4% black...27% hispanic - $4m avg salary
NHL - 93% white (OMG!)....$2.7m avg salary

I could post black entertainer salary, but I fear that you wouldn't be able to comprehend those types of numbers.

...and these are not simply, "entertainers". These people, for better or worse, define AMERICAN CULTURE

Here's another...average US household income...

Asian American - $87,194 (Why aren't we railing against the inequity these asians have created?)
Non-Hispanic White - $70,642
Hispanic/Latino - $51,450
Black - $41,361

WAIT!!! So there it is. You've got me. Systemic and cultural racism is to blame for the disparity in income for black families!!!!

No. It's causation. Here is a look at the same racial demographic as it relates to education:

Asian American - 50% have a 4-year degree
White - 30%
Black - 17%
Hispanic/Latino - 11%

I'm sure the next thing you'll tell me is that systemic and cultural racism prevents black people from obtaining a quality education.

However...

1) Financial Aid - 71% of black students receive loans for financial aid, compared to 56% white and 50% hispanic.
2) HBCU's - We have "Historically black college's and universities" that enroll nothing but black people. Imagine if we had HWCU, or HHCU's. Bedlam.
3) United Negro College Fund - This service helps 60,000 black students attend college or university, annually.

There are likely more that I'm not aware of.

So again. Freedom. Choices. Life is what you make it.

edit on 11-6-2020 by DOcean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

No, Mate. I think you're going to have to break this one down for me.

"Mate"? Sounds like you're not from America. So you're going to school me on how things go here, based on stuff you've read on the internet?

See, this truly is the free, land of opportunity. We don't honor kill. We don't cut off hands of thieves. We don't behead adulterers. We don't mutilate genitals. We don't cane our criminals. We don't do any of the inhumane, barbaric things they do to people in other countries.

We even have programs in place, directed toward the people we feel that we've slighted in the past!

That said, we are certainly not perfect. It hasn't always been this way. But, part of that FREEDOM allows you to leave and relocate anywhere in the world, any time you want.

Oh wait...unless your country of choice won't take you in. Which is a very real possibility.

What you're not told, "mate", is that this all started a couple decades ago. A woman spilled hot coffee on herself in a drive thru. She was apparently quite scalded and quite upset. Rather than saying to herself, "That was stupid. I should have been more careful with that coffee that I knew was very hot", she felt that this was someone else's fault and took legal action.

Astonishingly, she was awarded appx $3m American damages. For spilling hot coffee on herself.

Now, this may not have been the actual synthesis of our current cultural dilemma; the one where none of us are responsible for our own actions. It is however, the first incident that I remember. This issue, or one similar to it that occurred years before, began to snowball. Suddenly everything was someone else's fault. There was no accountability. We abandoned all reason and started functioning purely from our feelings.

And with the advent of social media, someone in Orange County, CA identified with someone else's butthurt feelings in Atlanta, GA, at damn near the speed of light. Every perceived injustice was thrown out there for all to see and feel, allowing for the development of social justice warriors (similar to yesterdays, "rebel without a cause") and virtue signalers. These things couldn't possibly be a result of any of our own choices (like the choice to be offended), so naturally, it must be someone else's fault. Suddenly, we have a nationwide...no...global network of victims who are offended by everything and take accountability for nothing.

Some wise man once said, "life is what you make of it".

Have people in this country been oppressed, historically? Certainly. Does it still happen? Probably.

Everyone endures hardship. But, most everyone has a choice.

If you don't like your social status, change it.
If you don't like your level of education, change it.
If you don't like your neighborhood, change it.
If you don't like your economic situation, change it.
If you don't like your job, change it.
If your friends keep putting you in bad situations, change it.

And so on.

But 9/10 times, if you are not happy with some aspect of your life, there is a good change that the choices you have made that led you there and leave you stuck there; NOT because of something that happened to your ancestors; the ones you never cared about until they provided you another excuse, and not because of the racism.

It's easy to scream "RACISM". Everyone will look. It doesn't require you to do any of the heavy lifting involved in changing your own situation.

But if you truly feel that there is an oppressor preventing you from making any of these changes (and not just your mom who lives on the main level above you), please let me know and I will personally do everything in my power to help you take care of it.

If I make it sound easy, it's because it is. It's called Accountability

Ummm...quoted in it's entirety...because it bore repeating...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Generational poverty? Blaming my parents and parents-parents problems for my lack of socio-economic standing?

So because my parents were not well off, this directly impacts my ability to bust my ass in school and get a free ride somewhere? Partial Scholarship?

You're talking about a learned behavior.

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Generational poverty? Blaming my parents and parents-parents problems for my lack of socio-economic standing?

So because my parents were not well off, this directly impacts my ability to bust my ass in school and get a free ride somewhere? Partial Scholarship?

You're talking about a learned behavior.

Go to sleep dude.
Trust me you don’t want to continue down the road you are heading.
All will be good if you just stop. No shame in doing so.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Whatever you do, don’t bring of anything of value to the conversation.

“All will be good if you just stop”?

Whatcha got, Junior?

Actually, in looking over your previous posts I can understand your lack of substance. It’s all mindless drivel.

a reply to: Allaroundyou

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Dont let mountains of evidence matter. I mean, whats science?

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Again, no meat.

I just provided you evidence. You come with empty claims. You actually quote a “woke” favorite, “science”. As if you just have to invoke the very word to instill fear in the hearts of those whose opinions differ from yours.

“Science”!

Yet we are discussing a social and historical issue.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Jeeez, I agree with all your posts. Very well reasoned out. BBBuuuttt, the cherry on the cake would be if you were black. That's a bit of sarcasm there.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
So poverty makes you dumb?

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Yeah, there are areas in town to not be after dark that are populated by whites. So what's your point? Those places don't often tend to be in large cities, but they are in mid to moderate sized towns.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
So poverty makes you dumb?

Being dumb can line you up for poverty, so can being ignorant.
edit on 11-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yeah. Thats stupid.

In your examples is people with similar interest in hobbies. Black people are humans, not hobbyists

And even then, it's still stupid.

Admittedly, so.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Liquesence
And living rent-free there, too.

In his head, that is.

Well, yeah, duh, that's because they're selling crack to his son and turning out his daughter. They may even go wilding on his wife.

He has a son???

I mean, I know he has a daughter, *a-hem*...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join