It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Community

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
There has been a lot of talk about "The Black Community" in recent weeks. Can anyone show me, on a map, where this community is located?

I would assume that "The Black Community" would be located in the part of town where black on black crime is not rampant; where one black man is not shooting another, every night.

I would assume that "The Black Community" would be a special place where black children are raised in two-parent households, not like the rest of the nation where 2/3 of black children are raised by a single parent.

I would image that this "Black community" wouldn't have a massively high rate of incarceration, given its relation to the population as a whole.

I would assume that "Black Lives Matter" all the time within "The Black Community", not simply where a white person, especially a white person of authority, is involved.

See, if my neighbor were having a domestic issue in his own home, and I decided to ridicule him for the problem, demand he fix it as well as tell him how to fix it, when I, all the while, had rampant domestic issues in my own home, I would be a massive hypocrite? Don't you agree?

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DOcean
There has been a lot of talk about "The Black Community" in recent weeks. Can anyone show me, on a map, where this community is located?

In your head, they seem to be renting a housing project.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It's easy to find.

Go to any large city and ask a resident "what is one area that I should not be in after the sun goes down?".

Not saying that to be mean or insensitive but prove me wrong

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DOcean

Maybe look up the definition of the word "community" to understand it's not a physical place.

1. a group of people living in the same place or having a particular characteristic in common.
"the scientific community"

2. a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals.

Unless you're just trolling The Pit with nonsense.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I think "black community" is a dumbass term that assumes all black people think and act the same way. At least in the way you're using it.

edit on 11-6-2020 by FauxMulder because: thread context

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DOcean

In your head, they seem to be renting a housing project.

And living rent-free there, too.

In his head, that is.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Mate, if somebody has to explain to you how systemic and cultural racism has influenced American society since it's inception then no matter what anybody says here, you're going to feel all butt hurt and "reeeee" to anything anybody says thats not in agreement with you, I think you're maybe looking for a slightly different type of website where members wear a more whiteish style of garment and all agree with hating on the "Black-man"

edit on 11-6-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
It's easy to find.

Go to any large city and ask a resident "what is one area that I should not be in after the sun goes down?".

Like Black Wall Street, right?

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
And living rent-free there, too.

In his head, that is.

Well, yeah, duh, that's because they're selling crack to his son and turning out his daughter. They may even go wilding on his wife.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Seriously? Respectfully....What's wrong with you?

The Responder community.
The Native American community
The Growers Association community
Law Enforcement community
Polish community
Electronic Techno lovers community....

...and it goes on

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

One interesting thing is how strong the reactions have been if someone says "all lives matter", like when Seth Rogen started to call people all sorts of names online..

Because i watched this one BLM protest and they were actually chanting "all lives matter".

Seth Rogen might be privileged, but he has a small penis.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I keep saying the same thing. Not just about this either. I vape, and quit following anything related because of the constant barrage of community.

Cant people be individuals? I dont like communities. Im a country boy for a reason.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yeah. Thats stupid.

In your examples is people with similar interest in hobbies. Black people are humans, not hobbyists

And even then, it's still stupid.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
You shouldn't assume so much.

Color games are annoying...

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

I think "black community" is a dumbass term that assumes all black people think and act the same way. At least in the way you're using it.

This is how its used though.

But even in the best used manner, it intimates a separation. I cant accept that. All men our my brothers, even the assholes i dont like

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
It's easy to find.

if I show you white neighborhoods where the same applies, would you tweak that statement, or adjust the stats or try rewording the whole thing to make it seem like even though, there may be dangerous white neighborhoods , it's predominantly black neighborhoods that are most dangerous...; to which I would agree

when black people make it, they move away from blacks and closer to white suburbs.

but I still take your point, minus puting a race under a microscope.

when it's convenient... 'there are bad guys on both sides' excuse would be in place of the drivel as above.

so yes, that's what they're protesting. that's what president bush said and he never been more honest.

so, there are white neighborhoods where you don't take a stroll at night.. your reduction to just blacks is part of what people are sick of.
edit on 11-6-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

But even in the best used manner, it intimates a separation. I cant accept that. All men our my brothers, even the assholes i dont like

But Americans seem to love separating themselves. You all like to call yourselves "something" American. I've always found it strange, you may have a person who is several generations on from when their ancestors arrived but still call themselves Scots-American (even parading around in a non-descript kilt) or Italian-American or Irish-American or Black-American and so on. You guys can't seem to come together as just American.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

Mate, if somebody has to explain to you how systemic and cultural racism has influenced American society since it's inception then no matter what anybody says here, you're going to feel all butt hurt and "reeeee" to anything anybody says thats not in agreement with you, I think you're maybe looking for a slightly different type of website where members wear a more whiteish style of garment and all agree with hating on the "Black-man"

Please explain to me why or how this racism has caused mostly black students in historically democratic cities are not able ao pass high school math and english?

Does this systematic racism cause black students to fail in math and reading by the time they are in high

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

if I show you white neighborhoods where the same applies, would you tweak that statement, or adjust the stats or try rewording the whole thing to make it seem like even though, there may be dangerous white neighborhoods , it's predominantly black neighborhoods that are most dangerous...; to which I would agree

when black people make it, they move away from blacks and closer to white suburbs.

but I still take your point, minus puting a race under a microscope.

when it's convenient... 'there are bad guys on both sides' excuse would be in place of the drivel as above.

so yes, that's what they're protesting. that's what president bush said and he never been more honest.

so, there are white neighborhoods where you don't take a stroll at night.. your reduction to just blacks is part of what people are sick of.

Name one. What is the neighborhood, area that you refer?

I'm not making any statement regarding color, merely pointing out something that people don't like to admit or talk about.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Not me. If we get down to it, im mostly of romani gypsy heritage. The rest is various european stuff.

The gyspy ways were left in the old world 3 generations ago.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join